Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    In the book, Ren Woxing just drops dead of natural causes. Presumably he had a heart attack or something. I thought it had a delicious sense of irony - this huge figure in the martial arts community dying of something so ordinary instead of being killed by another great master. But it wouldn't make for very exciting television.

Yue Buqun is accidentally killed by Yilin, in a scene that the tv series drastically altered. When he invites all the other Five Mountains schools up to Siguoya, he traps everyone in the cave and then waits outside to kill them when they escape. But since the tv series didn't show all the fighters getting trapped in the cave, there was no place to have Yilin kill him there. At least the series sort of kept some of that in place by having the Hengshan sisters all jointly kill Yue Buqun at the end.
    lol! he just dies? haha thats really funny. sorry, but i find that really amusing. its just so unexpected! at least for me, since ive never read the book and the 01 version is the only version ive seen of XAJH. haha!
    yilin kills him? oh. well i think the ending was kinda cool in the tv series, but it was too rushed. i wanted to see something other than the two of them playing their instruments!

Me, too. That's one of my other favorite scenes. I get a girly shiver when she hugs LHC, and just for a moment he leans his cheek against the top of her head. Then he steps back and looks at her really hard, and then grabs her in a big hug. It's so sweet.

It was changed somewhat from the book - the scene is in the book but happens at a different place, and in the book LHC doesn't realize he's fallen in love with Yingying until much later. But I like that scene so much that I don't care about the changes.
    i know! i think im gonna go and rewatch that now
    oh really? aww thats cute too. but they just have such great chemistry and i love them!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh. well i think the ending was kinda cool in the tv series, but it was too rushed. i wanted to see something other than the two of them playing their instruments!
    I thought the big fight scene at the end was very exciting. But I agree with you about the scene of LHC and RYY playing their instruments. In the book they play 'Xiao Ao Jiang Hu' together at their own wedding ceremony. I was a bit disappointed that the series didn't include the wedding.

The series makes a lot of changes to RYY's personality. In the book she doesn't even appear until Chapter 13, when LHC goes to Bamboo Alley to show the music score to Elder Zhu. But if the series had followed the book exactly then the female lead wouldn't show up until episode 15, so I can understand why they changed it. She's also very bashful in the book and most of the time won't even let LHC hold her hand, so the series has a lot more romance and affection between the characters than the book does.

Last night I was poking around looking for more images and found a link to a site with streaming video of LYP on a chat show, talking about making this series. I wish I could understand more Mandarin. I love behind-the-scenes information. But my vocabulary is still too limited and everyone talks too fast.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I thought the big fight scene at the end was very exciting. But I agree with you about the scene of LHC and RYY playing their instruments. In the book they play 'Xiao Ao Jiang Hu' together at their own wedding ceremony. I was a bit disappointed that the series didn't include the wedding.

The series makes a lot of changes to RYY's personality. In the book she doesn't even appear until Chapter 13, when LHC goes to Bamboo Alley to show the music score to Elder Zhu. But if the series had followed the book exactly then the female lead wouldn't show up until episode 15, so I can understand why they changed it. She's also very bashful in the book and most of the time won't even let LHC hold her hand, so the series has a lot more romance and affection between the characters than the book does.

Last night I was poking around looking for more images and found a link to a site with streaming video of LYP on a chat show, talking about making this series. I wish I could understand more Mandarin. I love behind-the-scenes information. But my vocabulary is still too limited and everyone talks too fast.
    a wedding? thats so cool! i want to see a wedding! that wouldve been a good ending
    oh really? i think ive read that somewhere before, that becuase they wanted to give xu qing more screentime she came in in like the first or second episode. i dont even remember. lol. aww but the romance was cute
    aww its ok. if you want, you could send the link over and ill try to summarize it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles
    ... so the series has a lot more romance and affection between the characters than the book does.
    I beg to differ. I dont find the 2001 series more romantic than the book at all. Out of the 3 TV adaptations of XAJH Ive watched, IMO, the 2001 version has the worst LHC's treatment of RYY, which annoys the heck outta me.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    I beg to differ. I dont find the 2001 series more romantic than the book at all. Out of the 3 TV adaptations of XAJH Ive watched, IMO, the 2001 version has the worst LHC's treatment of RYY, which annoys the heck outta me.
    Well, maybe the series doesn't have more romance, but it definitely has more physical contact between the characters. When RYY tells LHC that she orderd everyone to kill him so he'll stay with her, he hugs her tightly. In the book she would have slapped him silly for doing that. Toward the end of the book she starts letting him be more physical with her, but only when no one could possibly see them touching.

I do agree that they behave differently in the series. But the series changed the characters by bringing RYY in earlier. It starts off with LHC and Holy Lady as implacable enemies. He even thinks she killed Liu Dayou. So they just couldn't have the same kind of relationship that they have in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525
    if you want, you could send the link over and ill try to summarize it for you.
    If you're willing to take the time I'd really appreciate it! But I'll have to wait until I get home. I found it through baidu and that site is blocked here at work.

If you're willing to take the time I'd really appreciate it! But I'll have to wait until I get home. I found it through baidu and that site is blocked here at work.
    sure! its no problem. i'm curious as to what he has to say too

I found the coolest thing on the web last night while checking out some links.
    http://www.tushucheng.com/book/1499836.html

I enjoy behind-the-scenes books. I put the text on the site into babelfish, which is a crap translator, so I'm not even sure the book really is what I think it is. But if it is a behind-the-scenes book about the series, I wish I could figure out a way to order it. But since the site's all in Chinese and the price is in yuan I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

I found the coolest thing on the web last night while checking out some links.
    http://www.tushucheng.com/book/1499836.html

I enjoy behind-the-scenes books. I put the text on the site into babelfish, which is a crap translator, so I'm not even sure the book really is what I think it is. But if it is a behind-the-scenes book about the series, I wish I could figure out a way to order it. But since the site's all in Chinese and the price is in yuan I'm not quite sure how to go about it.
    um...its not really a behind-the-scenes book i dont think, its more like one of those books that come out that are like book versions of the movies. but i think it said some behind the scenes stuff was included, so...yeah. but you couldnt order it anyway, since it said that the book was "temporarily out of stock".

oh, and i watched the video. lol. so apparently it starts off with the hosts asking him questions from audience members or just normal people. the first question was like, all the actresses you worked with are famous and beautiful. how come when you first started acting you could get paired with all the beautiful actresses? haha. and he was like, theres nothing special about it. and then he was like, it was probably a guy that asked that. haha. and then the next one was, online members think you are very "cool". do you think your cool? lol. and then he goes with that really weird voice and he's like, "in my opinion, i dont think im cool". haha. and then it talks about his friends and people he went to school with and stuff. and thats all i got to so far cause the video is getting stuck on my computer and it wont load the rest! sorry! ill try again tomorrow if i have time.

um...its not really a behind-the-scenes book i dont think, its more like one of those books that come out that are like book versions of the movies. but i think it said some behind the scenes stuff was included, so...yeah. but you couldnt order it anyway, since it said that the book was "temporarily out of stock".

oh, and i watched the video. lol. so apparently it starts off with the hosts asking him questions from audience members or just normal people. the first question was like, all the actresses you worked with are famous and beautiful. how come when you first started acting you could get paired with all the beautiful actresses? haha. and he was like, theres nothing special about it. and then he was like, it was probably a guy that asked that. haha. and then the next one was, online members think you are very "cool". do you think your cool? lol. and then he goes with that really weird voice and he's like, "in my opinion, i dont think im cool". haha. and then it talks about his friends and people he went to school with and stuff. and thats all i got to so far cause the video is getting stuck on my computer and it wont load the rest! sorry! ill try again tomorrow if i have time.
    It kept getting stuck on my computer, too. There must be something wrong with the video file, then. I was hoping he'd talk more about making the series, although I guess on that kind of show it's a bit much to expect anything in-depth. I wanted to know who the other people were who were on stage, though.

I wonder if that book's even in print anymore.

It kept getting stuck on my computer, too. There must be something wrong with the video file, then. I was hoping he'd talk more about making the series, although I guess on that kind of show it's a bit much to expect anything in-depth. I wanted to know who the other people were who were on stage, though.

I wonder if that book's even in print anymore.
    yeah. idk. it didnt sound like he was talking about the series at all. so...

and i doubt theyre still printing the book. lol

yeah. idk. it didnt sound like he was talking about the series at all. so...

and i doubt theyre still printing the book. lol
    It sounded like the host said something about the series, and at one point I thought LYP was talking about Linghu Chong, but maybe they just mentioned it briefly.

I wish I could find some way to get a copy of that book. Even if it's just a copy of the script with some photos, it would be fun to have.

It sounded like the host said something about the series, and at one point I thought LYP was talking about Linghu Chong, but maybe they just mentioned it briefly.

I wish I could find some way to get a copy of that book. Even if it's just a copy of the script with some photos, it would be fun to have.
    oh. well the video on my computer kept getting stuck like 3 minutes in, so i didnt hear anything useful. i tried again today, but still no luck =/ sorry.

well, who knows? maybe if you keep checking it'll be in stock again? hehe. and theres always other websites and stuff

oh. well the video on my computer kept getting stuck like 3 minutes in, so i didnt hear anything useful. i tried again today, but still no luck =/ sorry.

well, who knows? maybe if you keep checking it'll be in stock again? hehe. and theres always other websites and stuff
    Thanks for trying. It sounds like it's getting worse - I was able to watch about 10 minutes before it got stuck.

As for the book, I guess I'll have to practice some search-fu using Chinese characters.

Thanks for trying. It sounds like it's getting worse - I was able to watch about 10 minutes before it got stuck.

As for the book, I guess I'll have to practice some search-fu using Chinese characters.
    yeah, but maybe my computers just retarded

haha. search-fu.

Found an interesting site while checking some links last night:
    http://www.liyapeng.com/
    I'll be using Google translation and Yellowbridge.com a lot to figure out what all the text says!

I've also been re-watching some of the earlier episodes of this series and reading those scenes in the book again. I had somehow got the idea that the series changed the relationship between LHC and YLS a lot, making her have more affection for him (before LPZ came along) than she did in the book.

But after reading again the part where he's at Si Guo Ya and she keeps coming to visit him, I realized that they didn't really change that part of the story much, other than compressing it a bit and adding the stuff about the jade swords. YLS returns some of LHC's affection, but when they're separated for so much time and she's in the presence of a young man who's closer to her own age and more like her father in personality, she can't help but be attracted to him. LHC is eight years older than YLS, which is a big age gap when you're only 17 or 18 years old.

I was thinking that she was really not a very nice person for leading LHC on and then turning to LPZ, but now I'm not so irritated at her.

Found an interesting site while checking some links last night:
    http://www.liyapeng.com/
    I'll be using Google translation and Yellowbridge.com a lot to figure out what all the text says!

I've also been re-watching some of the earlier episodes of this series and reading those scenes in the book again. I had somehow got the idea that the series changed the relationship between LHC and YLS a lot, making her have more affection for him (before LPZ came along) than she did in the book.

But after reading again the part where he's at Si Guo Ya and she keeps coming to visit him, I realized that they didn't really change that part of the story much, other than compressing it a bit and adding the stuff about the jade swords. YLS returns some of LHC's affection, but when they're separated for so much time and she's in the presence of a young man who's closer to her own age and more like her father in personality, she can't help but be attracted to him. LHC is eight years older than YLS, which is a big age gap when you're only 17 or 18 years old.

I was thinking that she was really not a very nice person for leading LHC on and then turning to LPZ, but now I'm not so irritated at her.
    wow. you must really like li ya peng now. i was only interesting in him during watching the series. seems like he has won over another fan

i never really liked the character of xiao shi mei. i always thought that she liked him back (maybe it was cause of the jade swords thing) but then she suddenly just decided to like the other guy. but now that you put it that way, maybe your right. but im still irritated with her

wow. you must really like li ya peng now. i was only interesting in him during watching the series. seems like he has won over another fan
    I would probably only like him in a wuxia/historical series. I'm not even sure I could stand to watch him in Tian Xia Di Yi because he's dubbed by someone else - I've seen some clips on YouTube.

I'm hoping to find some interesting info on the website. I'm not really interested in personal information or gossip. I'd rather find behind-the-scenes info.

I would probably only like him in a wuxia/historical series. I'm not even sure I could stand to watch him in Tian Xia Di Yi because he's dubbed by someone else - I've seen some clips on YouTube.

I'm hoping to find some interesting info on the website. I'm not really interested in personal information or gossip. I'd rather find behind-the-scenes info.
    oh. ok then.
    yeah ive never seen tian xia di yi either. whats it about?

oh. ok then.
    yeah ive never seen tian xia di yi either. whats it about?
    Based on the reviews over in the tv series section, it's about four fighters who are sworn to protect the emperor.

Most of the clips of Tian Xia Di Yi that I found on YouTube focus on another actor. There aren't many of Li Yapeng. I guess there just aren't that many people who like him.