Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xin Shang Hai Tan(新上海滩)[Huang Xiaoming;Sun Li]

Default How good is it?

It seems to be such a good series? Does anyone know how successfull it is so far?

Default Taiseng!

Did anyone know if Taiseng will release this series?

Looking forward to this series !!! I heard that it's already been released at 15th Jan 2007, is that right ?? I believe HXM will give it the best he could to make the film succeed, by the way he got the "look"

is sun li the one who played as the queen in xian qian? if so, i dun realy like her
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    is sun li the one who played as the queen in xian qian? if so, i dun realy like her
    No, that's a different Sun Li.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I love the whole series. The remake of this series was not like the old, since the Xu Wenqiang in the old series was much more brutal and into the dirty jobs.

This remake was to show the purity of this new Xu Wenqiang to end the fued of everything.

WXM did a very good job as Xu Wenqiang. Way cooler than the old one. =]
    ~Edison~

I want to wait for a good quality DVD.

Hi, I just watched Xin Shang Hai Tan 9 minutes Trailer. I like it very much .. OMG HXM just look sooooo coooollllll Can someone tell me wheter it's been released or not ?? I like the actress (Sun Li) also, she's cute and quite nice. I saw her before playing Emerald on The Roof with Wallace Huo.
    I just can't wait to search the DVD version, wish me luck !!

One more, Does someone know, HXM's voice as Xu Wen Jiang is being dubbed or it's his original voice ?? Coz if it's his real voice, I found it a little bit different than Yang Guo's in ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectrose
    One more, Does someone know, HXM's voice as Xu Wen Jiang is being dubbed or it's his original voice ?? Coz if it's his real voice, I found it a little bit different than Yang Guo's in ROCH.

no, it is not his original voice
    undefined[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]

Feedback overall has been very positive, I've just downloaded it, up to episode number 10 so far, he is extremely good looking in this serie, and excellent acting too.

Part 1 of this series is out in SG for SGD$33.90

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Part 1 of this series is out in SG for SGD$33.90
    Thks...I 'll go check it out

Well, I have just finished the TV serial. Overall it was ok. There was something however that went on my nerves...(maybe it is because I don't smoke ) but I think that 90% of the time you see Huang Xiao Ming on screen he is smoking a cigarette or a cigar...as if it were the ultimate cool thing to do...Especially a scene shocked me..but I will be vague as I don't want to spoil the story....
    At one point, someone receives a bullet from a Japanese so our valiant hero goes to kill that person...then at the following scene we see Huang Xiao Ming holding the dying person with a cigarette in his mouth...geez...as if you would kill someone then first lighting up a cigarette before going watch the dying person...
    I have to add Sun Li was very cute

By the way is there a special way of hiding spoilers with tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man
    Well, I have just finished the TV serial. Overall it was ok. There was something however that went on my nerves...(maybe it is because I don't smoke ) but I think that 90% of the time you see Huang Xiao Ming on screen he is smoking a cigarette or a cigar...as if it were the ultimate cool thing to do...Especially a scene shocked me..but I will be vague as I don't want to spoil the story....
    At one point, someone receives a bullet from a Japanese so our valiant hero goes to kill that person...then at the following scene we see Huang Xiao Ming holding the dying person with a cigarette in his mouth...geez...as if you would kill someone then first lighting up a cigarette before going watch the dying person...
    Heh, yeah. Smoking sucks. Luckily HXM doesn't actually smoke in real life and just had to pick up the habit for this series.

Unfortunately, not at this forum as of yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Who are the other people in this? I hated Sun Li's character in the Sunny Chan version---Nadia Chan and her uncertainty w/ love relationships and weakness really annoyed me.

I'm interested to see who was Maggie Cheung's character and Adam Cheng--they were such a cool pair, tragic, but cool.

The Sunny Chan-Nadia Chan-some other dude/best friend of Sunny was kind of boring.

THANK GOD Liu Yi Fei wasn't in here to butcher it up.

I agree with you Rain Man. The smoking was a bit much, but in a cultural sense it is pretty accurate. I have just finished the movie and know exactly which see you were referring to. I have to admit, I almost laughed my head off with that scene, because I can think of was your comment. My main complaint was the ending. Completely caught be by surprise by how it ended...in fact I was pretty disappointed, but then again may be that's how the director wanted it to fit the new version more.

HXM did an excellent portrayal of hui man keung. He definitely was able to show the inner struggles of the character. Not a big fan of Sun Li...I thought she did a bit of too much whining and not enough of the classy and educated girl that she was suppose to be in the movie.

Default OMG.... Jiao Zhu with beard....Yahoooo....

Everyone, look at these... Jiao Zhu looks sooo different....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Xin%20Shang%20Hai%20Tan/XinShangHaiTan-Beard01.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Xin%20Shang%20Hai%20Tan/XinShangHaiTan-Beard02.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Xin%20Shang%20Hai%20Tan/XinShangHaiTan-Beard03.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Xin%20Shang%20Hai%20Tan/XinShangHaiTan-Beard04.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/chaule/Xin%20Shang%20Hai%20Tan/XinShangHaiTan-Beard05.jpg')

Yeah, he looks so mature!! I think his hair is growing, is that mean Jiao Zhu have finished Lu Ding Ji?

Quote Originally Posted by epinklyn
    Yeah, he looks so mature!! I think his hair is growing, is that mean Jiao Zhu have finished Lu Ding Ji?
    Yes, he did. Now, he's busy promoting Xin Shang Hai Tan. I wonder what made him decide growing beard???
    Last edited by chaule; 02-14-07 at 10:59 PM.