Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you just watch?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    Let The Right One In
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    Hallam Foe

If you want to watch a good vampire flick with a love story watch Let The Right One In.
    Yay - Let The Right One In is one of the best movie of the year, and it's not a product of Hollywood . It's on my top 10 movie of the year

Hell yeah. Not like that Twilight crap.

I also just finished watching Wall-E too.

I have just watched Slumdog millionaire....what a movie...Heads off acting skills and storyline was too fabulous...

Cape no. 7
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Local (Philippine) 3D film Dayo. It was really good in spite of the worn out adventure plot. I hope they can market it abroad so you guys could see it as well. It was an entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Yay - Let The Right One In is one of the best movie of the year, and it's not a product of Hollywood . It's on my top 10 movie of the year

hey thanks, Ive been stumped about this title for a long time. I saw the review once and I forgot the title so I havent been able to search for it again. thank you...

Smile

Have juss watched Terminator : 2..Superb movie as ever..!!!

Done with watching.....

Lost In Translation - starring Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones

This movie was in such high profile so I believe most had already know what was it about. It is extracted from a real life event.

P.S I Love You - starring Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler

My mind keep repeating on some scenes, maybe trying to figure out something. This movie had me set into some deep thoughts. This thing called Life.

Any interested party, here is the summary:
    click to show/hide spoilers

Set in Ireland, Holly Kennedy is beautiful, smart and married to the love of her life - a passionate, funny and impetuous Irishman named Gerry. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry, so it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of 10 letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in rediscovering herself. The messages are Gerry's way of informing Holly life goes on. The messages include various tasks and treats Gerry has left for Holly. This is his way of letting her know he will always be there for her. Each letter sends her on a new adventure and each signs off in the same way: "P.S. I Love You." Holly's mother and best friends, Sharon and Denise, begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but, in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly embarks on a journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into new beginning for life.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Red Cliff II. Not exactly accurate in history but still quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Done with watching.....

Lost In Translation - starring Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones

This movie was in such high profile so I believe most had already know what was it about. It is extracted from a real life event.
    What?!? Lost In Translation starred Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. The one with Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones is The Terminal directed by Steven Spielberg.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    What?!? Lost In Translation starred Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. The one with Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones is The Terminal directed by Steven Spielberg.

!! Yes! You're right! My mind must've played tricks again. Yes it's the movie, The Terminal! - Hank's Eastern European war refugee and Zeta-Jones's Air Stewardess. I thought it was a plain love story but no, it was more than that. Hanks did well on faking those european accent.

Lost In Translation was the one I wanted to catch but has yet to.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Slumdog Millionaire...the storyline was developed so profoundly. And, you don't have to be a genius to be able to achieve what you want, a vision and hard work play a dominant role (disregarding the stealing, etc...). The way the camera captures scene by scene with the most excellent detail...really 2 THUMBS UP...
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Tokyo Gore Police - Gore and gore and blood, lots of blood.
    - Japanese is so f**k-up and twisted, this is not for everybody, Japan Shock extreme

Saw V
    - Great torture device and supreme cringe inducing

The Grudge 3 - yeah it still not out yet, I found it somewhere on the net, it's a DTD (direct to DVD) on March 24th, 2009

There you go, the best woman to be your life partner ever . Don't click if you have heart problem. You've been warned LOL

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/j3.jpg')

I know all the above is so f**k-up and violent movies. Clearly can give you a peace of mind LOL
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-31-09 at 05:08 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Tokyo Gore Police images - Japan Shock - extreme gore - you've been warned

You see it

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/j1.png')

Now you don't

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/j2.png')

You see it

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/j3-1.png')

Now you don't

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/j4.png')
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 01-31-09 at 07:26 AM.

Should I use a word to describe this movie that i had watched last night, it would be - Beautiful! (No wonder someone urges me to watch it )

A_Walk_to_Remember

This movie had my thoughts "jogging" because it is so meaningful and I trust that there is or are walks in our lives that we wished to remember. I wanted to set up a thread in forum but I don't know where or how I should start off with.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Should I use a word to describe this movie that i had watched last night, it would be - Beautiful! (No wonder someone urges me to watch it )

A_Walk_to_Remember

This movie had my thoughts "jogging" because it is so meaningful and I trust that there is or are walks in our lives that we wished to remember. I wanted to set up a thread in forum but I don't know where or how I should start off with.
    I also love this movie, so bittersweet, full of emotion and ultimately sad. There is an anime with the similar feeling but a different story, called Clannad.

I also love this movie, so bittersweet, full of emotion and ultimately sad. There is an anime with the similar feeling but a different story, called Clannad.
    I don't know when was the last time I seriously watch an anime. More than 5 years ago, I think.

Anyway, this movie's attraction for me is more than the roller-coaster emotions but how one person can influence another person, and ultimately change them to see life in a different light, through the walks of life.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Anyway, this movie's attraction for me is more than the roller-coaster emotions but how one person can influence another person, and ultimately change them to see life in a different light, through the walks of life.
    Hahaha, yeah it's true. One can never imagine how one's love to others can change people into a complete different directions. It can either change you into a better person or make you into a mess like a train-wrecked .

Anyway if you love this movie, there are other movie adaptation using novel from the same writer Nicholas Sparks. This guy is famous for writing themes that include love, tragedy and fate.

His other movie adaptations:

- The notebook (this is also very romantic and very good, trust me )
    - Message in a Bottle
    - Nights in Rodanthe

and his new book also about fate and destiny: The Lucky One

Hehe, I know, I'm a sucker for a story like this. I love torturing my emotion and having the roller-coaster ride .
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-01-09 at 01:00 AM.

Hahaha, yeah it's true. One can never imagine how one's love to others can change people into a complete different directions. It can either change you into a better person or make you into a mess like a train-wrecked .
    Your head is so clouded by .....uh, love? lol

But I would rather relate this movie to something similar thought-provoking movies like Finding Forrester and Good Will Hunting.

Anyway if you love this movie, there are other movie adaptation using novel from the same writer Nicholas Sparks. This guy is famous for writing themes that include love, tragedy and fate.

His other movie adaptations:

- The notebook (this is also very romantic and very good, trust me )
    - Message in a Bottle
    - Nights in Rodanthe
    Actually, I'm not quite a fan of lovey-dovey stories unless they projects something that triggers me to give life a thought, something beyond the love of two but human relationship, perhaps. Maybe it's because of a close friend who tells me of this movie that I share a stronger sentiment to it.

However, I've seen The Notebook and Message in a Bottle. They're alright.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Your head is so clouded by .....uh, love? lol
    Hahaha, LOL, I thought I already wrote it somewhere, I'm the KOE - (joking)

Anyway Good Will Hunting is indeed a good movie. It remind me of myself. Not about the genius things, far from it LOL. But about trying hard to make one's life better. Because that is what I do and I do it most of the time - alone, which is something that I'm proud of myself.

Anyway the title itself is clever - a pun to the *meat* of the story and also the name of the main character.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-01-09 at 01:47 AM.