Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LoCH Chapter 14 forward

I have never seen those tv adaptations either, except the first one, when I was a kid. I don't have any access to those kind of things. Any idea? I live in the US, and my mandarin sucks ... not enough to comprehend the story, I don't speak Cantonese (although my father does). Is there a place I can buy or rent? Certainly not Blockbusters or Netflix ... Is there english subtitles on those videos?

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

there are often fans that have subs...i think yesasia has a subbed version of an old ROCH if my memory is correct
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

hi, I just found this a few weeks ago:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/240.html

It's pretty good. I have downloaded all of it.

Last edited by foxs; 06-07-06 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

ooo..guo jing is going to have the 9 yin manual and become super powerful
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Thanks for the daily update foxs_!!
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Talking

THANKS FOXS!..ur a big help!
    you mean do you have the book?!?
    if you do have...
    ur so lucky to have one coz im having a hard time searching for that book.
    i still hope i could get one..
    ...thank you so much!

No, but you can read it online:

www.qiqi.com, then click on wu xia xiao shuo, then jin yong, then ... you get the idea.

I think Yesasia have them on sale, if you prefer to own the hard copy.

I scanned the pictures from the hard copy, I borrowed them from my local library. They are published in Taiwan, so the characters are traditional. Anyway, I went to a book store in San Francisco's Chinatown once, and I saw they have this series on sale. Bottom line: in my opinion it won't be too difficult to get a copy.

Edited:
    Oops .. after posting this I just realized you are from the Philippines. Well, I don't know anything about that country, but if my memory serves me right, Singaporean bookstores have them.
    Last edited by foxs; 06-01-06 at 02:59 PM.

Smile

yep!... the tv series here is entitled Love of the Condor Heroes casted by HXN as yang guo and LFY as xiaolongnu..maybe its the other version around and just started recently...(May 15. i think)
    i started to love it because of the fighting scenes as well as the story itself..

The last episode a while ago was when the mongolian conqueror took advantage and attacked Huang Rong while searching Yang Guo after he left from the sect to search Xiaolongnu for the second time...

What's the title of the book (English Version)?

Quote Originally Posted by liL acey
    yep!... the tv series here is entitled Love of the Condor Heroes casted by HXN as yang guo and LFY as xiaolongnu..maybe its the other version around and just started recently...(May 15. i think)
    i started to love it because of the fighting scenes as well as the story itself..

The last episode a while ago was when the mongolian conqueror took advantage and attacked Huang Rong while searching Yang Guo after he left from the sect to search Xiaolongnu for the second time...

er...the one with LFY is ROCH or return of the condor heroes unless you're talking about something else...

Ooooooh ... I think I misunderstood your question, but you also misunderstood our forum here:

If the English version of these novels exist, then we don't have this forum; i.e. we translate the novels from Chinese, we are not copying and pasting some other people's work in this forum. These are all original works, by wuxia lovers to other wuxia lovers.

Last edited by foxs; 06-07-06 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    er...the one with LFY is ROCH or return of the condor heroes unless you're talking about something else...

maybe they only changed the title here in the Philippines but i think they have same story and characters,,, played by LYF and HXN
    Last edited by liL acey; 06-02-06 at 12:26 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_
    Ooooooh ... I think I misunderstood your question, but you also misunderstood our forum here:

If the English version of these novels exist, then we don't have this forum; i.e. we translate the novels from Chinese, we are not copying and pasting some other people's work in this forum. These are all original works, by wuxia lovers to other wuxia lovers.

oh im so sorry for the misunderstanding...
    my fault..

oo...huang yaoshi is here

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_

Lu Chengfeng and his son, along with the Six Freaks were greatly amazed. “This person only flicks using the strength of his fingers yet the pebbles fly stronger than a bullet. Even an arrow would not create such a strong noise. If this pebble hits someone, wouldn’t that someone’s bones be shattered by it?” they thought.
    My turn to nit-pick:
    Wouldn't 'stronger than a stone from a sling' be more appropriate?

fox-s thank u for ur posts: i'm having withdrawals right now so i decided to make my case for posting all ur translations at once:

The daily updates make the storyline very choppy...there is no flow of reading...flow of events. If u posted it all at once, we'd be able to read the plot continuations all at once. Instead of checking everyday for posts, I only have to check once every week, saving me time...take it into consideration!
    "Things we achieve too easily we esteem too lightly" -Thomas Paine

maybe they only changed the title here in the Philippines but i think they have same story and characters,,, played by LYF and HXN
    I hate to tell you this: Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu are not even in this novel. They come in a lot later than Guo Jing and Huang Rong. So Demonic Swordsman is correct, the one you saw was not LoCH.

JamesG:
    I was just trying to be more accurate ... That was as close to the original as I can translate. But of course, some sentences do not make a lot of sense when translated to another language. It will be YOUR job to change them.

Xiao Long Nu:
    I have explained my reason for posting it in bits and pieces in previous posts. I also look at different novels (take Smiling Proud Wanderer and Legendary Siblings for example). I am going to post the whole chapter at once later in another thread (LoCH unabridged, I believe).

Anyway, I am asking all of you to voice your opinion:

1. Post daily updates like what I do now.
    2. Post the whole chapter at once every 2 - 3 weeks; that is, until I ran out of chapters, probably in two-three months. After that, it depends on the individual translator on how they are going to post their work.

Which one do you prefer?

I can't post the whole chapters everyday, since they are not translated yet. If I do, I have only 4 days, then all of you have to wait approximately 2 months for the next chapter.

daily's good

I like the daily updates as long as it's not too hard on you =)