Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns

lets see, this film and all the costumes- CAMPEST THING OF 2006...hahaha
    Yin
    AKA total utter camera *****
    I like Men in tuxes

Quote Originally Posted by windstorm
    i've read in a newspaper article that Brandon Routh's gender is being questioned...

is there truth behind this?

please don't bash me, just asking...
    I'm not going to bash you, but does it really matter...? It seems like almost every actor's sexual orientation is questioned at some point and it really gets old. Brandon has a girlfriend, so maybe she can shed some light on this.

I can't wait 'til this movie comes out later this week!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wink

I'm really looking forward for this. Hope it's as good as Batman or Spiderman or even better . The leading guy seems pretty handsome to me too. He kinds of looks like the old Superman guy too .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i just this movie and i have just one thg to say. up, up and away. yeah hooo. superman returns is the greatest movie of this decade. it's almost as great as superman 1. brandon is like christopher reeves reborn. it's scarey. and kate bosworth is the best lois lane ever, way better then the last one. and hotter. plus the kid who plays her son, funny. and kevin spacey is the best of all. he does lex luther like no one else. through i do wish for the next one, they will have better villians, like parasite, mettalo and the cyborg. the killer triple combo. the power scenes are the best. the way superman uses his heat vision and (not to give away a spoiler but) he catches a plane and lifts an entire island. you want to see that scene. plus the part when luther and lois lane meet again after five years. the best part of the movie. go see this movie.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    plus the part when luther and lois lane meet again after five years. the best part of the movie. go see this movie.
    this coming from a guy? hmm...must be quite a romantic scene then.

anyhow, i'm so going to see this movie this weekend if possible. glad to know that it lived up to the hype.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

posted by patricia n
    this coming from a guy? hmm...must be quite a romantic scene then
    actually lex luther is the villian and lois lane is the damsel in distress. it's not a romantic scene, but still considered by several who saw it to be the highlight of the movie. the way it goes in the previous movies is, lois in danger, captured by luther. says "superman will saves us", superman saves her. this takes place more then five yrs after the last movie in timeline, so it's a reunion of sorts. bad guy catches damsel so hero can save her. but there will be a breath taking romantic scene between lois and superman. you won't be disapointed.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I agree that Superman Returns has a high cinematic value, but then the main plot about lex and the kryptonite country is lame. Who is going to buy property on an unhibited barren land. Why don't they just give us a real villain instead which can kick superman ashs pretty good like doomsday or darkseid or lexniac. What a waste of 200 million instead. Look at what they throw at Spider-Man. All are real powerful supervillan, dock ock, sandman, venom etc. The spidey<->dock-ock fight is the best fight ever comitted for heroes-supervillain slugfest on the big screen.

actually lex luther is the villian and lois lane is the damsel in distress. it's not a romantic scene, but still considered by several who saw it to be the highlight of the movie. the way it goes in the previous movies is, lois in danger, captured by luther. says "superman will saves us", superman saves her. this takes place more then five yrs after the last movie in timeline, so it's a reunion of sorts. bad guy catches damsel so hero can save her. but there will be a breath taking romantic scene between lois and superman. you won't be disapointed.
    crap...i must be dyslexic...either that or i read what i want to read. but for some reason, i read superman instead of lex luther while reading the portion about the reunion. thanks for clarifying...

sad to hear that the villain isn't so bad a$$.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

LOL - superman movies should be about superman fight superb villain, as we already know lots about superman, countless tv series, 4 movies (even though mostly crap), rom-com should be done by meg ryan, we already have "The Break Up" this year, enough with chick flick already. I thought at the first time they greenlight this movies, they go with the real "Superman Return" storyline, fighting doomsday, defeated, dead and "Superman Return" back from the dead to do re-match with doomsday.

This should be a cool storyline and more dramatics and still you can have your romantic reunion bla-bla-bla

If you guy read the novel tie-in its actually lex luthor set-up and fool superman to go to krypton and waste 5 years of his life for nothing. What a jock and lame-*** idea from a villain...
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 06-30-06 at 02:21 PM.

Seen it. Was bored to death by the half of the movie where all we see is SUPERMAN FLYING and FLYING and FLYING. Should have just cut all those out and it would be more of a packed 2 hr movie instead of 2.5 hr movie.

I actually like bosworth but not much u can do with this superman genre. It should have stayed dead.

i actually posted elsewhere that we should right to the makers of superman and demand/request that in the next film they have superman fight the parasite, metallo and the cyborg hank henshaw. the ultimate three badies of the superman comics. with the standreds of cgi, they can make some really great fight sences unlike the decades past. so they should make some real supervillians next time.

Using Darkseid as the villain would've been more up to summer blockbuster standards.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Superman Returns 5 days estimate (wednesday to sunday): 91 - 95 million
    Superman Returns 3 days estimate (friday to sunday): 59 - 63 million

X-Men the last stand: 3 DAYS ONLY (friday to sunday): 102.8 M
    Spider-Man: 3 DAYS ONLY (friday to sunday): 114 million
    Star Wars Episode III (3 DAYS): 108 million
    Shrek 2 (3 DAYS): 108 million
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (3 DAYS): 102 million

It is a dissapointment for a 215 million movies and 19 years anticipation. With POTC2 opening next week, superman will barely make its budget from the domestic gross. I'm sure it will not even achieve the 300 million barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    Using Darkseid as the villain would've been more up to summer blockbuster standards.
    You are going too far ahead of time here. Lux is the main villain for a long time before darkseid and there might not even be a darkseid in the superman fancise. the next villian that i can think of right now is brainiac.

Saw the movie i really liked it. Those that dont like it are most likely to be super hardcore superman fans as how the story doesnt go along with part 3- part 5 of the recent superman fans. I think the movie skiped it. I really dont care i actually think this superman is the best one. Reeves is good but this one is better.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    Superman Returns 5 days estimate (wednesday to sunday): 91 - 95 million
    Superman Returns 3 days estimate (friday to sunday): 59 - 63 million

X-Men the last stand: 3 DAYS ONLY (friday to sunday): 102.8 M
    Spider-Man: 3 DAYS ONLY (friday to sunday): 114 million
    Star Wars Episode III (3 DAYS): 108 million
    Shrek 2 (3 DAYS): 108 million
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (3 DAYS): 102 million

It is a dissapointment for a 215 million movies and 19 years anticipation. With POTC2 opening next week, superman will barely make its budget from the domestic gross. I'm sure it will not even achieve the 300 million barrier.
    i think it would be around 150 million over the 5 days.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    i think it would be around 150 million over the 5 days.
    nope, the one that I present here is the industry estimate not mine, no way it will go into 150 million not even 100 million.

Clark Kent and pals collected an estimated $16.2M on Friday for the much-hyped Superman Returns lifting its three-day total (Wednesday to Friday) to $48.3M.

No way it can collected another 100 million for saturday and sunday
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 07-02-06 at 01:11 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    You are going too far ahead of time here. Lux is the main villain for a long time before darkseid and there might not even be a darkseid in the superman fancise. the next villian that i can think of right now is brainiac.

Saw the movie i really liked it. Those that dont like it are most likely to be super hardcore superman fans as how the story doesnt go along with part 3- part 5 of the recent superman fans. I think the movie skiped it. I really dont care i actually think this superman is the best one. Reeves is good but this one is better.
    You mean hardcore of superman films, man are you kidding superman 3 and 4 sucks. I'm a hardcore of a superman comic supervillain not like a stupid on its own lex luthor where can't even do fist to fist with superman. Lex luthor only became a great villain when he do tagteam with another supervillain or a group of supervillain. For example with Braniac or the cyborg Amazo.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Final estimates of superman north america boxoffice gross:

- Total cost include marketing 260 million
    - Friday to Sunday: $52,150,000
    - Wednesday to Sunday: $84,208,000

a dissapointment a for an extremely-hype movie...

So that sum doesn't include overseas ticket sales + potential DVD sales. They still got plenty of time to make up that money.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I'm not going to bash you, but does it really matter...? It seems like almost every actor's sexual orientation is questioned at some point and it really gets old. Brandon has a girlfriend, so maybe she can shed some light on this.

I can't wait 'til this movie comes out later this week!
    Who's his girlfriend?

I went to the cinema and watched this. I t wasn't as good as Spiderman & Batman though. The thing that only captures me is Superman really . I stared at him the whole time . I think he's really cool as in the character. But the storyline wasn't that good.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -