View Poll Results: Team Taoists versus Team "XF pwners+GWM". Your prediction?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old, wise & profound guys FTW!

14 73.68%
  • A day of mourning for fellow Taoists and heroes in general.

5 26.32%
  • not sure but i'm just glad this is not pay-per-view.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team War: Team Taoists vs. Team 'XF Pwners+GWM'

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    The thing is that GJ was still young and vigorous such that he could maintain the speed to occupy all seven locations of the formation himself.

Simply because of age, someone like WCY wouldn't be able to maintain that for a meaningful duration.

That's why old people have to do things like "Predict and Attack First" (FCY) or "Using a Gentle Force to Redirect" (Z3F).
    let's not forget that in that battle, GJ was facing GWM and 2-3 lackeys. while WCY only has to contend to 2 opponents. even if his speed is slower than GJ, he should still be able to pull of the Big Dipper Formation with no troubles, him being the creator and all. unless it is proven that WCY cannot match up to 50-66% of GJ's speed, then i see no reason why WCY will have trouble pulling off the Big Dipper Formation against 2 opponents.

The thing is that GJ was still young and vigorous such that he could maintain the speed to occupy all seven locations of the formation himself.

Simply because of age, someone like WCY wouldn't be able to maintain that for a meaningful duration.

That's why old people have to do things like "Predict and Attack First" (FCY) or "Using a Gentle Force to Redirect" (Z3F).
    My god, after all these years, we actually agreed on something.

忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Heh, it's not like I disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing =P

True. But would Guo Jing, with his lack of experience be able to come up with new ways to counter and fight someone with a kung fu or formation that he doesn't know or understand? Between XF, GJ, YG and ZWJ, ZWJ had the least combat experience and we've seen how much that handicaps him. Though Guo Jing would be able to perform the Big Dipper by himself, the only reason the Big Dipper occupies 7 spaces is because WCY had 7 disciples. YTZ and MRF were lucky in realizing that they made a perfect duo against Qiao Feng; people like WCY and ZSF would be able to create a perfect formation of 2 people on the fly against anyone.

Well, I wouldn't underestimate GJ's ability either. This was the guy who figured out the Big Dipper Formation just by looking up at the sky (What's with that? Isn't he supposed to be slow?).

But I agree. WCY and Z3F seem like the types who would be able to work well together and come up with something amazing on the fly. I wonder if their internal energy is enough to take on both DCQ and YTZ's poison though.

Well, I wouldn't underestimate GJ's ability either. This was the guy who figured out the Big Dipper Formation just by looking up at the sky (What's with that? Isn't he supposed to be slow?).

But I agree. WCY and Z3F seem like the types who would be able to work well together and come up with something amazing on the fly. I wonder if their internal energy is enough to take on both DCQ and YTZ's poison though.
    yeeeah...that YTZ guy is imbalance...hahaha...what are the usual orthodox counters that heroes utilize against poison users?

There really aren't many things you can do against someone with equal internal energy and applies poison on top of that.

I suppose you could swallow a poisonous animal (DY and the poison toad) or drink some kind of super herbal item (GJ and the super herbal snake's blood) for poison immunity and resistance respectively.

If you had more internal energy, you'd be able to expel it though.

There really aren't many things you can do against someone with equal internal energy and applies poison on top of that.

I suppose you could swallow a poisonous animal (DY and the poison toad) or drink some kind of super herbal item (GJ and the super herbal snake's blood) for poison immunity and resistance respectively.

If you had more internal energy, you'd be able to expel it though.
    yeah...well to say YTZ is equal energy with WCY/Z3F is kinda iffy...
    hahhaha...but no doubt had YTZ completely mastered YJJ, he is truly a very very dangerous foe to be feared of unless u do have poison immunity/resistance. then, i'd rank his offensive potential to be at the very least Western Poison OYF.

was it stated how much % of YJJ did YTZ master? or was it something like "YTZ studied YJJ for X number of days" sorta thing?

His power didn't really come from YJJ. Like an awful lot of characters in DGSD, YTZ's internal energy (powerfully cold enough to be a problem for XF) came from a freak accident. The unusual meld of YJJ and ice worm poison gave rise to a terrifying poisonous internal energy.

His power didn't really come from YJJ. Like an awful lot of characters in DGSD, YTZ's internal energy (powerfully cold enough to be a problem for XF) came from a freak accident. The unusual meld of YJJ and ice worm poison gave rise to a terrifying poisonous internal energy.
    can internal energy be poisonous? i always thought it was the technique which was poisonous, being powered by internal energy...

it'd be nonsensical if someone said, i got my internal energy from an ice worm...i'm pretty sure YTZ's internal energy came from mastering parts of YJJ (though i'm guessing % completed was not said in the novel and neither was the time period YTZ invested in practising YJJ revealed)

the freak accident resulted in mastering an extremely poisonous palm technique powered by some pretty damn good internal energy.

No, I'm serious. His internal energy was a result of the ice worm poison and YJJ combining. Why's this hard to take? YG got his internal energy from eating snake bladders a giant mutant bird gave him.

And the internal energy was cold yin actually. It's just that whatever he does is also infused with poison so when you get his icy energy, you also get his poison.

You Tanzhi's internal energy level can't be worse than Zhang/Wang. If anything It should only be better, and Chrono has already explained why.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

No, I'm serious. His internal energy was a result of the ice worm poison and YJJ combining. Why's this hard to take? YG got his internal energy from eating snake bladders a giant mutant bird gave him.

And the internal energy was cold yin actually. It's just that whatever he does is also infused with poison so when you get his icy energy, you also get his poison.
    see thats where u and i differ in opinions, while u tend to lean towards animals determine the nature of your internal energy (yin/yang), i say they don't and it's the internal energy building manual (9 Yin/9 Yang/Shaolin manuals/ Jade Maiden Manual/etc.) that determines it. the animals either help you master a type of technique (that can have effects (icy yin+poison/hard-hitting yang) that are largely in contrast to your internal energy basis) or further increase whatever internal energy basis u started off with (imo, YG being Yin and he would further increase that basis by intaking snake bladders).

going on further, saying YTZ is at least as good as Wang/Zhang, in my books, would put him at par with GJ, YG, and ZWJ, or perhaps even edging them out a little, which unless i was a firm believer in the deterioration theory, i wouldn't go along with...i'd put YTZ internal energy level around QQR, who is a shade below the Greats. now had YTZ completely mastered YJJ, then yes, he'd probably be at an internal energy level similar to what u have stated. being at least as good as Wang/Zhang, but should be even better probably.

But don't forget, YTZ no longer learns YJJ in TLBB.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    see thats where u and i differ in opinions, while u tend to lean towards animals determine the nature of your internal energy (yin/yang), i say they don't and it's the internal energy building manual (9 Yin/9 Yang/Shaolin manuals/ Jade Maiden Manual/etc.) that determines it. the animals either help you master a type of technique (that can have effects (icy yin+poison/hard-hitting yang) that are largely in contrast to your internal energy basis) or further increase whatever internal energy basis u started off with (imo, YG being Yin and he would further increase that basis by intaking snake bladders).
    It's nothing to do with animals. It's the description of the nature of their internal energy.

It doesn't matter what YG used to gain his internal energy. YD described it to be overwhelmingly fierce. JY describes YG's energy as relentless, boundless and unyielding. Yin type energy isn't described as fierce and unyielding.

YTZ's energy is described as supremely cold and infused with poison. It was powerful enough that FREAKING QIAO FENG of all people was feeling it. Yang type energy isn't described as cold and poisonous.

going on further, saying YTZ is at least as good as Wang/Zhang, in my books, would put him at par with GJ, YG, and ZWJ, or perhaps even edging them out a little, which unless i was a firm believer in the deterioration theory, i wouldn't go along with...
    This has nothing to do with DT. I'm one of the people who didn't like DT and never believed it anyways.

Besides, we're talking about internal energy here. As a fighter, YTZ is scrubby and weak, but his internal energy is monstrous simply because of the events JY put him in. The is corraborated by the fact that he could absorb XF's attack and also even XF was having trouble dealing with the intense cold energy.

What do you have to back up your claims? I have evidence of actual events.

YTZ simply has a ton of yin internal energy. He's not a Great-level fighter, but even a Great would have to be careful around him since even his weak technique is powerful when charged with his poison and internal energy.

Interesting how Jue Yuan had monstrous internal energy but couldn't fight, but YTZ could.

Jue Yuan didn't know any martial arts at all. He also didn't want to fight.

At the very least YTZ had some martial arts background before (even though he was a low level grunt). I think Ah Zhi also taught him that exploding poison corpse technique.

He definitely knew some martial arts. He spent about 6 months learning from Ah Zhi. He taught Ah Zhi some bits of the YJJ as well in 2nd ed.

This part is seldom brought up. Ah Zhi actually learnt part of the YJJ. She didnt get any power boost from it. But it said she felt healthier and more energetic all round.

At the least, he could palm blast Xuan Ci from range. Jue Yuan couldn't do that.

And YTZ's inner power should exceed the Greats. He could take XF's palm blast (which is stronger then GJ's - OH Deal with it you Anti-XF biatches! Its ZUI LI HAI! YOU GET IT?!?! ZUI LI HAI!!!!!, not 'zui meng' or 'zui xiong', its ZUI LI HAI!) without feeling any pain while someone like MRB felt stunned when he blocked it.

And as slready stated over and over and over again, its not just that 70% of YJJ that gave him the power. The novel specifically stated that it fused with the ultimate Yin poison of the ice-worm to form a synergy which gave him unmatched inner power.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i belive that wcy and zsf would use their militery startegy like in sword of the yue maiden. zsf would use his soft taiji skills too hold off JLFW, YTZ and DQC. meanwhile, wcy will finish off MRF(the weakest) with his XTG. then he will do the same to DCQ(the next weakest). then he will head for YTZ who dispite great inner power had poor techniques. he will fall inside of ten strikes to WCY's invincible techniques. meanwhile JLFW, realising his support is falling will go all out but in vain as WCY joins ZSF and finishes him off with a combo northern/southern taoist inner power blast.
    winners, taoist.

p.s. xf's palm blast is not stronger then guo jing's. guo jing's HL18Z had undergone some serious inner power reconstruction that increased it's power since XF's time. guo jing can equal XF's blast at worst and suppress in excution of inner power at best.
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 06-22-06 at 11:46 PM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Regardless of whatever philosophical arguments can be made in favor of 9 Yin, XF still has the "zui li hai" palm.