Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1423

Thread: Steven Ma

Quote Originally Posted by ziaozing
    Looks like many of us here enjoy watching Steve and his co-stars without knowing who they are. That’s the price we pay for not learning Mandarin!

I’ve seen one series in which Steve acted and thought the actresses were quite good. He played a two-timing husband with a pretty mistress. There was another younger actress who played dual roles – initially a decent and later a misguided young woman who became interested in Steve though he had become blind in an accident. I think it was a Taiwanese production.
    Is it Nai He Hua 2000?

Arrow Wei Ni Ren Shao 2005

Steve & the crew on set pics
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.qingdaonews.com/images/2005-01/26/Wa0126110A.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/stevema/Wei%20Ni%20Ren%20Shao%202005/stevema_WNRSset02.jpg')

Images courtesy of qingdaonews.com

Arrow Prince Epic a.k.a The Secret of Royal 2004 promotion

On Steve's BD, Valentine Day 2004
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.chinamp3.com/photo/ent6197_img2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/stevema/Prince%20Epic%202004/stevema_PEpress05.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/stevema/Prince%20Epic%202004/stevema_PEpress03.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.yunnan.cn/mmsource/images/2004/02/17/ent-040217-l23.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/2004/02/16/64/Img219096470.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/stevema/Prince%20Epic%202004/stevema_2004BD.jpg')

Images courtesy of:
    news.chinamp3.com
    yunnan.cn
    sohu.com

Have you seen Nai He Hua and did you like it, ejc? I’m not too sure if that’s the title but I think it’s probably right. I saw it when my knowledge of Mandarin was almost nil and I wasn’t even sure if the actor was Steve but I did a bit of research and found out how his name was written. So who were the actresses, especially the pretty girlfriend and the teenager?

Which part of China was Wen Ni Ren Shao filmed in? Hope we’ll get to see some spectacular scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by ejc999
    2 actresses are from China. The elder one is the wife of the director of that series. The girl Steve holding hands is a Taiwanese actress Vivian Chen De Rong.

Have you finished watching TGOD? Was there any steve and amy's awesome scenes after steve regained his memory?
    Hi ejc99! Thanks for pointing out the actresses with Steve.

Yes, I've finished watching TGOD. I love the scenes when Steve regained his memory when he was unconcious in the hospital. It was very touching when he woke up and keeps calling Amy's name and said I will come back to you. Before Steve gained back his memory, Amy stood strong when Steve married Maggie as his 3rd wife and most of the time he spends with Maggie and treated Amy as a "stranger". Amy tried her best to get Steve back to her. I admired Amy's strength a lot on these episodes.

Then when towards the last 10 episodes of Part 2, gosh...Amy was wearing the same cheung-sam in every scene. I'm not sure if you remembered which one but it was like a purple color and it don't look nice on her. Maybe during that time is war and she is not suppose to dress nice. Even Sheren Teng and Maggie Siu's clothings are much nicer than Amy's. The most heartbreaking scene is when Steve was in jail after he was caught by the Japanese soldiers and Amy visited him. They hug each other & cried thru the jail bars....so touching.

But I like the ending of this series, they were married for 70 years and still very loving to each other.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

here are some more pictures:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/2amychan9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/2amychan7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/2amychan8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/5gilbert1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/7amychan5.jpg')
    all credits go to phuong's web page

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/3amychan10.jpg')
    Amy in fated love
    credit goes to phuong's page
    Gilbert lam in TGOD (the last pic)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/5gilbert6.jpg')

Talking

Have you seen Nai He Hua and did you like it, ejc? I’m not too sure if that’s the title but I think it’s probably right. I saw it when my knowledge of Mandarin was almost nil and I wasn’t even sure if the actor was Steve but I did a bit of research and found out how his name was written. So who were the actresses, especially the pretty girlfriend and the teenager?
    If it is Nai Ha Hua 2000, I have seen it already. The storyline is quite unusual but interesting somehow apart from some plots that I found it’s slow.

In this show, Steve portrayed as a professor of philosophy department of a university. He was spiritually at peace in mind until the day he lectured about the ghosts as topic of the day. On the way back home, he saw a flyer on a wall as his car passed by. It was a photo of a girl. He then felt a strange feeling as the girl looked familiar to him so he visited a fortuneteller. He was told that he was reincarnated by a bad guy who attempted to rape his teen stepdaughter. That guy attempt was fail due to the girl defended herself with a knife. Her knife sank on his shoulder so he got injury and the girl was accidentally killed off with the knife she held. He was shock so he ran away in horror and hit by a car on a highway to Taipei & got killed. Since then Steve was haunted by his previous life’s bad incident and felt guilty even though he was innocent here. The girl didn’t have a chance to reincarnate like the bad guy did so she became a ghost. She was still a teenager even though time had passed over 2 decades.

There was a misunderstanding between Steve and the girl. Steve thought that she would take her revenge by taking a chance to reincarnate as his daughter. The girl in return thought that Steve might give her big trouble.

I had no idea whether storyline told us about how Steve broke off with his g/f in the past and got married to the owner of a business. He met his girlfriend again, as an employee of his wife who had already engaged to his brother-in-law. Then he realized that he still loves her. He told her not to marry his brother-in-law b/c he felt that she still loves him. Apart from this, Steve believed that marrying a person that she doesn’t love dearly & who also doesn’t love her truly wouldn’t bring the eternal happiness in her life b/c he now realized that he made a mistake of marrying to the one he didn’t love with all his heart.

I can’t remember how the girl and Steve found out about each other plus how she met his brother-in-law and fall in love with each other. He liked to get divorce and wanted to start a new life with his g/f yet their relationship was quite simple at that time. Steve never got at peace in mind ever since he personally met the girl as a ghost. He told his wife that he was reincarnated by the bad guy & felt that he was a murderer of an innocent girl. His fear of the ghost was on and off.

He tried to be a faithful husband when he got morel supports from his wife but again when he kissed his wife he heard the girl’s kept on saying “I want to be your child!”, then he stopped. He was so frighten to have a child. Later his wife saw Steve’s g/f hugging Steve from his back so she thought they have had an affair already. Steve was so protective his g/f from the girl when he found out that the girl borrowed his girlfriend’s body and slept with his-brother-in-law.

Steve persuaded his g/f not to marry his-brother-in-law & reminded the girl never ever do that again, he wouldn’t let go her otherwise. Steve g/f also knew about the girl & Steve’s previous life incident from the girl. She believed the girl was telling the truth b/c she saw & had been kissed his birth mark (the scar) on his shoulder when they lived together in the past.

On the wedding day of his g/f and his-brother-in-law, I think the girl showed off so the wedding came to the end. Steve’s g/f was hurt b/c she has some deep affections on Steve’s brother-in-law as they have been dating together for a couple of years. So Steve comforted his g/f. The girl and Steve’s brother-in-law got married I don’t know when & she became his ghost wife. Steve’s wife was jealous of his g/f & attempted to commit suicide b/c she thought Steve’s betrayed her. She was sent to a hospital and found out that she was pregnant. Steve was so shock outside the hospital. He cried devastatingly on his g/f shoulder and said her that he couldn’t welcome this child b/c he thought that this baby was reincarnated by the girl. He wanted to love his child yet he was so scared to do it so. He said “Little daughter will ask me when she grew up why Pa Pa doesn’t love me. It’d be so heartbreaking!!!” Steve’s wife knew that Steve’s fear of having a child she went to a private clinic & did abortion w/o Steve's acknowledgement. She did it b/c she loves him dearly & didn't want to lose him. She went to his g/f's apartment and told her what she did and why she did it. That's scene was horrible!! Steve was shock about that though he was so afraid of becoming a dad of a ghost just for taking a revenge.

One day, steve's wife said to his g/f something about their relationship. It's a kinda she accused his g/f that made her big disappointment. She was like "I was loyal to you all there years but now you accused me as a reward of my loyality & degrated my moral character & honesty....alrignt then....I'd take him back into my life!!!". Steve didn't realize the war betweem 2 women. He stunned when his g/f started kissing him but he couldn't resist her attrection more. So their affair started all over again.
    A few months later she found herself that she was expecting steve's child. She was so scared to let him know about it but she couldn't do the way his wife did. She secretly left him. Steve had no idea what was going on. She eventually asked his brother-in-law's help and told Steve that she doesn't love him anymore & had planned to marry that guy. Steve was sadden by her b/c he didn't know the truth. He knew it on the day that his baby daughter was born. The girl also appeared in front of him at the hospital proving that she didn't take the chance to become his daughter. Steve & the girl got peace since then. Steve bagged his g/f to embrace his baby daughter. The father & the baby scene was so touchy. His wife was so jealous when she knew about that b/c she was so stupid & wasn't brave enought to leave him & gave birth to their child like his g/f did. Steve's g/f loves him but loves more her own blood, her child. His wife became crazy & steal the baby away. Actually she didn't have any plan to harm the baby yet she pretended to do it so. His g/f & brother-in-law asked Steve for help. Steve phoned his wife & said if she wanted to harm the baby then do it b/c he don't care. Steve g/f was cross of steve....how dare he said such unkind words. He retorted her “don’t you realized that she’s getting crazy now?” When Steve came to fatch the baby, his wife didn't notice the car so he ran to save both of them. The baby was safe, unfortunately she died and he became a blind. He, his g/f & daughter reunited again.

While he was working as a fortuneteller, he then met a girl who resambles the ghost. she did know that he's blind at that time. Later she knew that he's blind and became very fond of him b/c he's a blind though he looked absolutely at peace in mind. The girl (the ghost) disappeared at that time. Steve's brother-in-law thought that 2nd girl was his ghost lover when he met her for the 1st time. Steve's g/f decided to leave Steve again when she was diagnosed heart failure b/c she doesn't want him to suffer alot if her operation should unsuccessful. Steve tired to understand her when she told her she's going to return to his bro-in-law. His g/f was so upset and wanted to hold him for one last chance. She asked him can she hug him one more time, he then denied b/c he wouldn't let her go otherwise. That scene is very touching too. When steve was alone at home the 2nd girl secretly took care of him. She revealed the truth to Steve b/c she couldn't stand seeing them like that more. Steve came to see his g/f and asked her can he hold her in his arms again. She was so touched by his words & came into his arms. He asked her that would she be his beautiful bride & of course she said a yes answer. He said to her regardless the result of her operation was, he would treasure their happy moment together even it would be for a day only. This scene was very poignant too.

I didn’t actually enjoy the first part very much but I like the second part where Steve’s character became a blind. Steve was really good and his performance as a blind made me believe that he is a real blind man. With my knowledge of his works, Steve is one of the most versatile actors I've seen so far. I love the soundtracks. My friend said the opening theme "YOU MUST BE HAPPIER THAN ME" was sung by DENIAL CHAN. It's so meaningful. I like Denial Chan as a singer very much. Just love his voice!!

My knowledge of Mandarin is too limited until today but traditional Chinese sub-title helps me to understand the dialogues yet I need to re-watch the series over and over again. I don’t know who are the actresses. The name of the actress who played duel roles means SIX MONTH/JUNE in chinese. I can't read other casts' name. Steve & his g/f starred together this series as their 4th show.

Which part of China was Wen Ni Ren Shao filmed in? Hope we’ll get to see some spectacular scenery.
    I don't know about that. Might be northern China.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Hi ejc99! Thanks for pointing out the actresses with Steve.
    You are most welcome buscas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Yes, I've finished watching TGOD. I love the scenes when Steve regained his memory when he was unconcious in the hospital. It was very touching when he woke up and keeps calling Amy's name and said I will come back to you. Before Steve gained back his memory, Amy stood strong when Steve married Maggie as his 3rd wife and most of the time he spends with Maggie and treated Amy as a "stranger". Amy tried her best to get Steve back to her. I admired Amy's strength a lot on these episodes.

Then when towards the last 10 episodes of Part 2, gosh...Amy was wearing the same cheung-sam in every scene. I'm not sure if you remembered which one but it was like a purple color and it don't look nice on her. Maybe during that time is war and she is not suppose to dress nice. Even Sheren Teng and Maggie Siu's clothings are much nicer than Amy's. The most heartbreaking scene is when Steve was in jail after he was caught by the Japanese soldiers and Amy visited him. They hug each other & cried thru the jail bars....so touching.

But I like the ending of this series, they were married for 70 years and still very loving to each other.
    I haven't chance to watch many episodes of Part 2. Saw the scenes where Amy hand's hurt & Maggie Siu came to help her. Then saw Steve & Maggie scene where their next door neighbour called them a kind loving husband & wife. And then, the scene where Steve visited Sheren & their daughter Little Flower. And then.....Steve saw his army friend in a room & understood that he didn't betrayed him....And then Amy requested Maggie that she wanted to see of Steve....she wanted to know whether Steve's safe & sound. Steve was ill & sleeping on a bed. And then Steve & Amy holding each other hands and looking at their little son together. And then, Sheren, her mum, mother-in-law & Little Flower dined togther....they were talking about Little Flower. Finally, Amy was in a field, steve appeared in the scene & calling her name....the next scene was Oh...they were getting too old....steve was holding amy's hand.....I didn't understand the dialogue between steve and amy. That's all I have seen of TGOD part II. Can you tell me a bit more before you don't forget it? The same old question ....when they got their 2nd son? Was steve with her when she has the child?

Heeheee....I've visited that site a few years ago & saw the great shots already. I totall agree w/ you & the webmaster of amy site that those scenes are great shots. You shoud also check out Fated Love great shots on that site. I agree w/ the webmaster here again but I like to add more great scenes of Fated Love but too many so not to mention these shots here.

Oh, I forgot to tell ya. I saw TGOD jail scene that you mentioned in your message. Yeah it was so touching.

Btw does LIAM VCD/DVD include the making of LIAM? It was so hilarious!!! They made mistakes, say the wrong dialogues. I can hear is Amy's big giggle at time even though I don't understand canto properly.

Anyway many thanks for posting the links. I still love to recap those beautiful scenes again.

Heeheee....I've visited that site a few years ago & saw the great shots already. I totall agree w/ you & the webmaster of amy site that those scenes are great shots. You shoud also check out Fated Love great shots on that site. I agree w/ the webmaster here again but I like to add more great scenes of Fated Love but too many so not to mention these shots here.

Oh, I forgot to tell ya. I saw TGOD jail scene that you mentioned in your message. Yeah it was so touching.

Btw does LIAM VCD/DVD include the making of LIAM? It was so hilarious!!! They made mistakes, say the wrong dialogues. I can hear is Amy's big giggle at time even though I don't understand canto properly.

Anyway many thanks for posting the links. I still love to recap those beautiful scenes again.
    hi! can you tell me what she said when she giggled in that clip. Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by thythy
    Gilbert lam in TGOD (the last pic)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/thythy_/5gilbert6.jpg')
    Thank you for the pics. I have seen other pics though I didn't see this one. I think Gilbert Lam's character was very likable in TGOD other than Amy's character but he didn't captivate my attention in there. But I like some screen chemistry he shared w/ Steve as brothers. For example, when steve decided join the army, he told Gilbert to take his place to take care of the family/business. Steve believed in his abilities even he didn't realized that. Also he remind me of steve somehow. Probably b/c of their height, thin frames & esp the looks in their eyes. But I would prefer him in Heroines of the Yangs. I like him & his character in there. Perhaps I love the evil guys with outstanding talents yet they still have some emotions b/c of they are just human. I didn't feel that Amy sister in TGOD is pretty enough to be paired with him. Sorry if I upset you. I love to see Gilbert with Annie Man. They are lovely on scene couple in my opinion.

Default Tai Zhao Mi Shi Nuerhachi 2005

Steve Ma & Vivian Chen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2004-06-16/U564P28T3D419538F326DT20040616212915.JPG')
    Steve as Nuerhachi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hnby.com.cn/xwzx/yl/W020050512563882810803.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/2005-05-12/U102P28T3D721686F358DT20050512140054.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bgtv.com.cn/bjdsylzk/yldmc/ylrd/W020050510359476874696.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/h/2004-11-06/U105P28T3D557042F328DT20041106105101.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/h/2004-11-06/U105P28T3D557042F358DT20041106105101.JPG')
    Steve's autograph
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/2005-05-12/U102P28T3D721686F329DT20050512140054.jpg')

Image courtesy of:
    ent.sina.com
    bgtv.com.cn
    hnby.com.cn

Quote Originally Posted by thythy
    hi! can you tell me what she said when she giggled in that clip. Thanks alot.
    I wish I could tell you but I can't understand cantonse. I'm sorry. If you like to see some screen caps, I can help you but quality is poor.

Default Tai Zhao Mi Shi Nuerhachi promotion tour pics

Steve Ma & Vivian Chen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2001.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2002.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2010.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2011.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2013.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2006.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2007.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2003.gif')

Images courtesy of newsls.ind.com.cn

Arrow TZMS 2005 promotion tour pics 2

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2016.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2000.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://newsls.lnd.com.cn/newsls/images/200504/2012.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bgtv.com.cn/bjdsylzk/ylzkfmgs/W020050510350667180020.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bgtv.com.cn/bjdsylzk/ylzkfmgs/W020050510350665789611.jpg')

Images courtesy of
    newsls.ind.com.cn
    bgtv.com.cn

Thanks ejc for taking the trouble to re-tell the story line of Nai He Hua. Think I had misunderstood much of the story cos of my limited understanding of Mandarin but I did find the series quite entertaining. Didn’t know it had involved a ghost! Yes, Steve’s portrayal of a blind man was commendable. Though he’s often criticized for overacting, he’s my favorite Chinese actor cos I like his versatility and onscreen charisma.

Please keep us posted on what’s happening. Why is he looking so worn out recently?

To: ejc999
    That's Ok, we all have our own opinions
    I didn't like him to end up with Amy's little neither. He does look cute with Annie Man, infact, audiences like them so much, they acted together in a couple series...

You are most welcome buscas!!!
    the next scene was Oh...they were getting too old....steve was holding amy's hand.....I didn't understand the dialogue between steve and amy. That's all I have seen of TGOD part II. Can you tell me a bit more before you don't forget it? The same old question ....when they got their 2nd son? Was steve with her when she has the child?
    Hi ejc99! Looks like you watched some bits & pieces of TGOD Part 2.

On the final episode when they both became old, they were suppose to be already in their 90s and both of them sitting on the hill top looking at the modern Hong Kong. The conversation was Amy told Steve that one of Steve's good friend just turned 90 years old and he went back to China for his birthday. Time has gone so fast and they have both married for 70 years already. Then Amy had a portable TV and wanted to watch their favorite program. And Amy said I have to watch this show coz the lead actor is handsome. Then Steve asked her "Is he as handsome as me when I was young?". Amy just laugh and hold his hand. Steve said until today you still hold my hands so tight afraid I might leave you again. And they watched the show together. The End.

On Part 1, Amy had a miscarriage when she was 7 months pregnant. The reason she had the miscarriage is when she helped Sheren to give birth in the old house after they ran in a heavy rain. By the time Sheren delivered the baby girl, Hew Wah, Amy start to bleed and she had a miscarriage. So, everyone blamed Sheren for causing her losing the baby.

Then on Part 2, Amy had a 2nd baby boy 3 years after Steve gained back his memory. They were together ever since Maggie left. When she was about to deliver, she also went thru some obstacles. Steve & Gilbert were at the textile shop and couldn't come home on time to take her to the hospital. Then her mother-in-law (Gilbert's Mom) and their servant had to take her but couldn't go to the hospital due to the Japanese soldiers blocked the road. She keep saying that she can't loose the baby again, she must safe the baby. In the end, they found one of the stair way and her mother-in-law helped her deliver the baby. After that Steve & Gilbert found them and they were very happy to have a son. Which means, 10 years later only she conceive again. I think in the end, they only had one son.