Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nobuta Wo Produce

*Spoilers here*

I like this show and my favorite character is Kamen's shuji despite him being shallow at first. I like his mannersim and behavior, vocie and way of speaking he's very believable as the popular kid in school, largely because he has all these little body movenments and way of speaking that's charismatic anc cool enough to be the popular kid in school.

Yamapi looks like he put on weight since dragon Zakura (which I only seen 2 episodes so far). his face actully looks fleshy as compared to Kanmen. I mean, have you seen Yamapi in his early days? My gosh! he was skinny. I think he looks best now. the guy looks better with a bit of flesh on him.

I don't understand the significance of a few characters: the weird guy who owns the bookshop, the lady teacher with long straight hair and the purpose for the girl who pretended to be Nabuta's best friend, what's she trying to achieve at the end of the day? she feels so plain evil to me.

I know Shuji's younger brother is acted by one of the youngest Johnny Juniors..he's called Zhong Dao Yu Xiang..very cute boy...I think he would grow up to be groomed as one of the future stars of JE.

I really like Shuji's family...so heart-warming, the father's cute and I like how Shuji always ties his hair at home either eating or mending clothes. Kawaii Neh!

AKira is less likeable than shuji for me, I esp can't stand the way Akira laughs. but Akira is very sweet to Nabuta.

Nabuta is the girl who always speaks in a monotone and has this yin qi presence about her, that's what makes her stand out.

Actually, I don't really know if Shuji ever fell for Nabuta and if Akira really likes Nabuta. I also never really uncover if Nabuta was in love with either of them and most importantly, who. There were 2 scenes that I thought would finally show the truth. The first when Nabuta ran to gave the good luck charm to the person most important to her, I thought she is finally forced to choose and secondly, when shuji was telling her his thoughts during Christmas when they were both sitting near the window. I thought his dislogue was going in the direction that he likes her but at last, it was not clear.

I am touched by their friendship. can understand how upset they felt after going through so much and Shuji had to transfer to another school. Their kind of friendship so reminded me of my secondary school days, when friendship was simpler and life was more innocent and carefree.
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-26-06 at 10:45 PM.

Nabuta... , its Nobuta.

I think I've said this a million times, but I'm going to say it again - NwP is about friendship and not a cheap high school love story. Nobuta never choose between Shuji and Akira because both of them are more precious to her as friends than they would be ever be as boyfriends. Remember she never had any real friends before, and the two of them probably showed her more kindness than anybody else she had ever met.

For me, the Nobuta wo Produce was not so much about producing Nobuta but Shuji, out of the three, he certainly changed the most. He was the shallow, superficial popular guy who thinks of himself more than anything else. His so called friendships were fake and he lied his way through his life. His relationships with Akira and Nobuta changed him alot, he started to care for them as friends, and he was able to show his real self only in front of them. And of course, Nobuta and Akira were able to accept and believe him throughout when the evil girl was up to no good.

Spoilers *************

Nobuta telling Akira to transfer to the same school with Shuji was particularly interesting to me. The way I see it is that Nobuta knew that she's strong enough to stand by herself while Shuji still needs some help; the first day in his new school Shuji tells himself that he's not going to lose this time round - meaning the popularity contest which he lost previously - he still wants to play the popularity game. I love the scene whereby Akira showed up in class and Shuji's expression - utter shock -

After my long crappy analysis of the show... let me say something about the actors.

Yamapi certainly buffed up alot the past year, he looks so much better now - he looked freaking anorexic before Dragonzakura days. Glad to see that he's looking more like a human being now.

Shuji's younger brother was played by Nakajima Yuto, I agree he's an adorable little boy. He probably grows up to be good looking as well, I believe that JE will groom him to be the next... hmm, money spinner for JE.

I like Akira better than Shuji, cause he's such a great friend to both Nobuta and Shuji, I find his weird ways in NwP quite adorable actually. Especially his random "Kon" and punctuating all his sentences with "daccha!".

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Nabuta... , its Nobuta.

I think I've said this a million times, but I'm going to say it again - NwP is about friendship and not a cheap high school love story. Nobuta never choose between Shuji and Akira because both of them are more precious to her as friends than they would be ever be as boyfriends. Remember she never had any real friends before, and the two of them probably showed her more kindness than anybody else she had ever met.

For me, the Nobuta wo Produce was not so much about producing Nobuta but Shuji, out of the three, he certainly changed the most. He was the shallow, superficial popular guy who thinks of himself more than anything else. His so called friendships were fake and he lied his way through his life. His relationships with Akira and Nobuta changed him alot, he started to care for them as friends, and he was able to show his real self only in front of them. And of course, Nobuta and Akira were able to accept and believe him throughout when the evil girl was up to no good.

Spoilers *************

Nobuta telling Akira to transfer to the same school with Shuji was particularly interesting to me. The way I see it is that Nobuta knew that she's strong enough to stand by herself while Shuji still needs some help; the first day in his new school Shuji tells himself that he's not going to lose this time round - meaning the popularity contest which he lost previously - he still wants to play the popularity game. I love the scene whereby Akira showed up in class and Shuji's expression - utter shock -
    Thanks about the correction..what was i thinking?

interesting analysis at the last bit, you are probably right! I was thinking, i will probably think i was hallucinating too if I were Shuji.

*Spoilers here*

I am still enjoying this show..what are some of your other favourite scenes other than those already mentioned.?

Actually, now, i am begininng to find Yamapi's Akira less irritating and very funny instead! Classic scene for me was when he went to Shuji's house to 'threaten' him what he would do if he poured water over Nobuta. so funny! Others I like when was in epi 1, when Akira just went ahead and hitch a ride from Shuji even when Shuji expressed that they were not friends. and when Akira touched Nobuta's cursed hair and he went on to touch Shuji's face, Kamen's reaction was priceless!!
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-26-06 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    *Spoilers here*

I am still enjoying this show..what are some of your other favourite scenes other than those already mentioned.?

Actually, now, i am begininng to find Yamapi's Akira less irritating and very funny instead! Classic scene for me was when he went to Shuji's house to 'threaten' him what he would do if he poured water over Nobuta. so funny! Others I like when was in epi 1, when Akira just went ahead and hitch a ride from Shuji even when Shuji expressed that they were not friends. and when Akira touched Nobuta's cursed hair and he went on to touch Shuji's face, Kamen's reaction was priceless!!
    Hey... I thought you've already finished watching the show, that was why I gave away the ending!! Sorry for the blunder ~~~~~

Hmm, let me think what are some of my other favourite scenes - I love the 'threatening' scene as well, it was a classic, I cracked up everytime I watch the that part (yes, I've rewatched the show a couple of times). I like the part where Akira went over to sleepover at Shuji's house when he had a fight with his Dad, the suitcase part was hilarious, as well as the part when he climbed into the bed with Shuji. I also like the Christmas celebration as Akira's house when the three of them sat around and started telling the Santa Claus dream.

There were many many scenes that I like, I think I'll start listing out the entire series if I continue. I particularly like the episode when the trio had to decide what they want to be in the future, I like Akira's answer best. To be a penny on the street - in other words, to be whatever you want to be, to do whatever you want to do. I suppose that's what most people want to be but can't seldom achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Hey... I thought you've already finished watching the show, that was why I gave away the ending!! Sorry for the blunder ~~~~~

Hmm, let me think what are some of my other favourite scenes - I love the 'threatening' scene as well, it was a classic, I cracked up everytime I watch the that part (yes, I've rewatched the show a couple of times). I like the part where Akira went over to sleepover at Shuji's house when he had a fight with his Dad, the suitcase part was hilarious, as well as the part when he climbed into the bed with Shuji. I also like the Christmas celebration as Akira's house when the three of them sat around and started telling the Santa Claus dream.

There were many many scenes that I like, I think I'll start listing out the entire series if I continue. I particularly like the episode when the trio had to decide what they want to be in the future, I like Akira's answer best. To be a penny on the street - in other words, to be whatever you want to be, to do whatever you want to do. I suppose that's what most people want to be but can't seldom achieve.

no, you are right. I have finsihed. I am rewatching it now. I enjoyed it more the second time round due to some personal factors.

"SPOILERS"

What I like about the threatening scene is that Akira is so casual about the whole thing but Shuji is totally panicking! ha ha....and I love it when Akira walked into the room and Shuji's shocked expression at seeing him! When after Akira performed his Karata stunt and his younger brother actually went to help him, (my sis and I were saying, he is actually went to help him! what a hoot!), his way of saying thank you was so cartoon but cute and best part was when he didn't just leave but went on to taste Shuji's food and went 'Umai' while snapping his fingers before finally leaving like nothing big deal just happened while Shuji's family was in a state of shock! Classsic!

I like the other scenes you mentioned as well but I didn't take note of Akira's answer as what you had wrote. I'll go rewatch that scene.

I think Akira is pretty cool in his ditzy way.

btw, this show makes food look really good to me for some reason, whether's its Mariko's bento or what Shuji's Dad whipped up for the family such as gyoza etc....

I'll discuss more about other scenes I like as I rewatch this again.
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-29-06 at 04:29 AM.

I just watched the promotional special before the start of NWP where Yamapi was pitted against Kame in various contests. I was totally cracking up during their "physical" challenge with the little bikes and then when they played pictionary. Neither of them have much artistic talent, but their drawings were so cute! The sushi part was fun too.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching this serial now.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yup, I like the SP too! the tricycle race was funny .. kame was a sour loser ... win lose or draw.. ha,ha,ha,ha.. .. Maki got to taste the pang of large amount of wasabi too!!! ha,ha,ha,ha.. very funny!
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I just watched the promotional special before the start of NWP where Yamapi was pitted against Kame in various contests. I was totally cracking up during their "physical" challenge with the little bikes and then when they played pictionary. Neither of them have much artistic talent, but their drawings were so cute! The sushi part was fun too.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching this serial now.
    I thought Kame totally can't make it as far as drawing goes...Pi was a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore
    yup, I like the SP too! the tricycle race was funny .. kame was a sour loser ... win lose or draw.. ha,ha,ha,ha.. .. Maki got to taste the pang of large amount of wasabi too!!! ha,ha,ha,ha.. very funny!
    Was Kame just trying to be funny or did he really want another chance to beat Yamapi? Yamapi only solidified his victory with the rematch. He should have gotten bonus points for beating Kame twice AND that other dude!

I thought Kame totally can't make it as far as drawing goes...Pi was a little bit better.
    True, Kame's drawings were really small, but he had a good guessing partner. His partner was also the best drawer of the four too. I thought Yamapi's was pretty good at first until what I thought was a dinosaur turned out to be a giraffe.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Was Kame just trying to be funny or did he really want another chance to beat Yamapi? Yamapi only solidified his victory with the rematch. He should have gotten bonus points for beating Kame twice AND that other dude!

True, Kame's drawings were really small, but he had a good guessing partner. His partner was also the best drawer of the four too. I thought Yamapi's was pretty good at first until what I thought was a dinosaur turned out to be a giraffe.
    I only realize that I was quite good at win, lose or draw, the drawing part though I am not a fantastic artist, when I was egged on to go up and draw in a game once. Definitely, Kame's partner was very good and saved the game for them.

I found this short funny commercial of Nobuta..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVSmA...&search=yamapi

I watched the first episode. Why is the willow tree so special to both Shuji and Nobuko?

Akira acts like he's drunk all the time. I hope he doesn't fall off the top of a building and hurt himself.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I watched the first episode. Why is the willow tree so special to both Shuji and Nobuko?

Akira acts like he's drunk all the time. I hope he doesn't fall off the top of a building and hurt himself.
    Touching the Willow tree is a morning ritual for Shuji to get luck while for Nobuko said she wanted to use the tree to commit suicide, whether that is her true intention or not I'm not sure. But I guess she was depressed.

Akira loves his soy milk and gets drunk off it. Funny man. I love how Akira sorta annoys Shuji...its funny. Esp that imitation of how Shuji keeps his hair at home, Akira imitates it and annoys him. hahaha and that Breaking bricks scene and threatening scene is great too.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Touching the Willow tree is a morning ritual for Shuji to get luck while for Nobuko said she wanted to use the tree to commit suicide, whether that is her true intention or not I'm not sure. But I guess she was depressed.

Akira loves his soy milk and gets drunk off it. Funny man. I love how Akira sorta annoys Shuji...its funny. Esp that imitation of how Shuji keeps his hair at home, Akira imitates it and annoys him. hahaha and that Breaking bricks scene and threatening scene is great too.
    Oh. I thought maybe there was a more in-depth connection, but apparently I read too much into it. Silly me.

I'm looking forward to watching more, especially those funny scenes you've mentioned.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh. I thought maybe there was a more in-depth connection, but apparently I read too much into it. Silly me.

I'm looking forward to watching more, especially those funny scenes you've mentioned.
    It is true..when I first started watching it, I also thought there was more to it....

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

yes, I love how Akira loves to hang around Shuji and annoys the hell out of him and the fact that they are such contrasting personalities i.e. Shuji being so composed and calm in public but often panics in private while Akira is so 'crazy' at school that he is not taken seriously by his classmates but is in actual fact, a much more cooler and calm person than Shuji. At least, that's my assessment of them.

I also love that scene in episode one when Akira was looking for Shuji and how Shuji tried so hard to shake him off but still got 'caught' by dear Akira. So cute.

yes, I love how Akira loves to hang around Shuji and annoys the hell out of him and the fact that they are such contrasting personalities i.e. Shuji being so composed and calm in public but often panics in private while Akira is so 'crazy' at school that he is not taken seriously by his classmates but is in actual fact, a much more cooler and calm person than Shuji. At least, that's my assessment of them.

I also love that scene in episode one when Akira was looking for Shuji and how Shuji tried so hard to shake him off but still got 'caught' by dear Akira. So cute.
    Yeah I agree totally with what you said. You know I love the scene where Akira and Shuuji are showing Nobuko on dating and Akira can't stand how Shuji gets to act intimate with her and suggest that he would play the part and then he got too shy so he suggest that he and Shuuji would enact the boy-girl part and got caught by one of the teachers and it looked weird. LOL that was so hilarious! It hurt to laugh! hahaha..
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.