Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiao Feng

20 27.78%
  • Dugu Qiubai

52 72.22%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Feng vs. Dugu Qiubai

I don't mind Dook Goo Kau Bai being a bit better than our established Elites/Greats, but I *really* can't get behind this idea that he could *easily* defeat any Great. Dook Goo Kau Bai can probably defeat a Great, but I don't think it'd be anything "easy" at all. It'd be a terrific, epic struggle, and even after Dook Goo Kau Bai wins, he'll KNOW that he'd been in one hell of a fight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't mind Dook Goo Kau Bai being a bit better than our established Elites/Greats, but I *really* can't get behind this idea that he could *easily* defeat any Great. Dook Goo Kau Bai can probably defeat a Great, but I don't think it'd be anything "easy" at all. It'd be a terrific, epic struggle, and even after Dook Goo Kau Bai wins, he'll KNOW that he'd been in one hell of a fight.
    by great, do you mean the DGSD greats or the ROCH greats?

Quote Originally Posted by kdonggyu94 View Post
    by great, do you mean the DGSD greats or the ROCH greats?
    Both. DGSD had a Super-Elite class that included Hui Juk, the Siu Yiu Sect Elders, and possibly Deun Yu who were clearly ahead of ROCH Greats class, but I believe the "regular" DGSD Elites of the Kiu Fung/Siu Yeun San/Mo Yung Bok/Kau Mor Tze class was about equal to the Greats at the end of ROCH.

Banned

Was Dugu Qiubai alive before or after Xiao Feng's era???? I think Dugu Qiubai was alive before Xiao Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by kdonggyu94 View Post
    first of all, its sweeper, not super. this isn't DC comics, its Jin yong.

second of all, how do you know that Dugu Qiubai isn't up there with Sweeper? thats right, you don't know. Exactly.

So next time before you make a statement like :" xiao feng will Dragon-palm the living crap outta everyone," try to think a little bit more clearly.

by the way, Dugu Qiubai would destroy Xiao Feng in a fight, and 8 out of 10 people here agrees with my statement.
    - Force field, one-hit KOs of elite fighters, super speed, etc. = Supermonk, dude.
    - A dude who would have an orgasm if he could meet Ren Woxing and hadn't reached the swordless level is obviously <<<<< Supermonk. On a side note, even a wuss like Duan Yu could no-sword.
    - Xiao Feng was said by Jy to be able to overcome stronger opponents (too busy to find the quotation in the book but 100% there's a sentence like that). Unless there were evidences to the contrary such as those in Supermonk's case, scrubs, including Dugu, who dare to challenge him would just be asking for extreme butthurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack
    If you look at the voting results, 80 percent of the people here agree that Demonic Swordsman Dugu Qiubai would make Xiao Feng cry for his mama by whipping Xiao Feng in the butt with a piece of grass.
    80%, so what? Using the majority to jump to a conclusion is a fallacious argument, esp. when that 80% consists of Dugu-axx-kissing dudes like Trien Chieu, who, I suspect, have never read the novels.

Lol is kdonggyu94, jackattack and TC all the SAME person?!?
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Lol is kdonggyu94, jackattack and TC all the SAME person?!?
    Trien is in the clear.

Trien is in the clear.
    Judging by the details left in what's not said (and the fact they've been banned), I think it means the other 2 are in fact guilty
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Judging by the details left in what's not said (and the fact they've been banned), I think it means the other 2 are in fact guilty
    I'll need you guys to help me track irregularities here in the days and weeks ahead. Some people don't understand that they've outstayed their welcome.

I'll need you guys to help me track irregularities here in the days and weeks ahead. Some people don't understand that they've outstayed their welcome.
    There are certain vB tricks to ID alts. If you're interested, I'll PM you (since posting is a no-no, for obvious reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    There are certain vB tricks to ID alts. If you're interested, I'll PM you (since posting is a no-no, for obvious reasons).
    Thanks. The system does have a built-in IP tracker for the moderators, but I don't know if what you have is the same.

If any newly registered member suddenly revives a ton of old threads in rapid succession, and seemingly can't resist tucking personal insults towards members in with remarks, then I do want to know about it.

Thanks. The system does have a built-in IP tracker for the moderators, but I don't know if what you have is the same.

If any newly registered member suddenly revives a ton of old threads in rapid succession, and seemingly can't resist tucking personal insults towards members in with remarks, then I do want to know about it.
    There are more tricks than vanilla IP-tracking. Depending on what options you have in modcp/admincp, there are various things you can already do, and there are further things on top of that which you probably don't have access to at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    - A dude who would have an orgasm if he could meet Ren Woxing and hadn't reached the swordless level is obviously <<<<< Supermonk. On a side note, even a wuss like Duan Yu could no-sword.
    Not really taking sides on XF vs. DGQB but I'm not so sure that 6MSJ's invisible sword qi is the same thing as the no-sword stage as mentioned by Dugu Qiubai. The no-sword stage was more likely Jin Yong's initial interpretation of formlessness and the idea of overcoming technique with no technique. This is inline with the theories of DG9J as explained in the later XAJH novel.

Duan Yu just happens to be using sword qi that is invisible. There's literally "no-sword" but that shouldn't equate to the similarly named "no-sword" stage which is more of a philosophical level. 6MSJ seems to be still very much tied to the actual techniques.

On another note, were any Trilogy greats or DGSD greats explicitly stated as being formless (other than ZQJ and ZSF I suppose)?
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Did he ever reply to one of his own posts? Haha it would've been hilarious if he actually took opposing viewpoints as opposed to just stubbornly posting the same/similar types of things over and over.
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

I had a feeling they were the same person yesterday. At the start, nOOby 2 adopted a different persona to nOOby 1, but in the end both nicks end up posting the same way.

blah blah blah, you couldn't prove it, so HA! I am right, in your face.

Poor TC got grouped for no reason.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Can we have a day where SPCNETies come in anonymously, trying their best to disguise themselves, and we have to guess who they are?

Oh wait, we already do that on the SPCNET facebook group

On another note, were any Trilogy greats or DGSD greats explicitly stated as being formless (other than ZQJ and ZSF I suppose)?
    While not explicitly stated to be formless, probably because Jinyong hadn't got that concept in his head yet, Yang Guo's usage of the HIS seems to be a demonstration of formlessness. Rather than techniques, each sword stroke is described as a thrust, chop, slash, etc. with maximum intent and no wastage of energy. The closest he gets to using techniques is when he whirls the sword around him to generate sword wind to get him through the fire to rescue Guo Fu.

but I'm not so sure that 6MSJ's invisible sword qi is the same thing as the no-sword stage as mentioned by Dugu Qiubai. The no-sword stage was more likely Jin Yong's initial interpretation of formlessness and the idea of overcoming technique with no technique. This is inline with the theories of DG9J as explained in the later XAJH novel.
    Up till now, no one can even give me even a vague suggestion of DGQB's no-sword in action if it's not sword-chi.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Up till now, no one can even give me even a vague suggestion of DGQB's no-sword in action if it's not sword-chi.
    have you read XAJH? In my opinion, it's most likely what is represented by DG9J's formlessness and "overcoming technique with no technique", as explained in length by Feng Qingyang to Linghu Chong around chapter 10. Jin Yong probably hadn't fully fleshed out those ideas yet while writing ROCH and simply used the vague term "overcoming the sword without a sword". I really don't think he meant the phrase literally, as in no-sword, because as the ideas evolved through his discussions with Gu Long, they came to fruition in his later novel XAJH.

Lav and I both postulated before that DG9J was probably the sum of all of DGQB's martial arts philosophies compressed into a set of teachings, because it seems to encompass all the sword stages that Dugu went through. Of course, eventually landing him in the realm of "overcoming the sword without a sword", or formlessness, which seems to be a generally agreed upon consensus of the highest level of martial arts in the later and more mature martial arts writings of Jin Yong and Gu Long.
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

IIRC, 6MSJ seems closer to a finger technique such as Yiyang Zhi (in fact wasn't it introduced as an advanced version of Yiyang Zhi). Other than having "sword" in its name, 6MSJ doesn't bear much resemblance to a real sword. For example, in terms of the destruction produced in combat, I got the impression it's more on the wavelength of Dongfang Bubai's needle in blasting small holes in opponent's body, and not like the wound a real sword would produce.