Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparisons of DGSD elites in various combat situations

Default Comparisons of DGSD elites in various combat situations

In consideration of this topic, The DGSD elites are: Xiao Feng, Xiao Yuanshan, Murong Bo, and Jiumozhi.

First thought: Xiao Feng had trouble with the combined force of You Tanzhi and Murong Fu. Could any other DGSD elite deal with those opponents better?

Well, my 2 cents are: I think that Jiumozhi might be able to outperform Xiao Feng there. Jiumozhi should have comparable internal energy as Xiao, and he has more fancy technique. I believe that the strategy to win against the deadly combo is not by higher internal energy (since their internal energies were awesome), but by dazzling technique, which Jiumozhi knows better than Xiao Feng.

Second thought: Jiumozhi had trouble with an inexperienced Xuzhu, under the circumstance that both must use Shaolin kung fu (which Xuzhu didn't adhere to later). Could any other DGSD elite outperform Jiumozhi in that situation?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

This would be cheating because they aren't DGSD characters, but fighting two opponents simultaneously where technique matters more than inner power is a situation custom made for Chow Bak Tung, Gwok Jing, or Little Dragon Girl. You guessed it: Left/Right Hand Technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    This would be cheating because they aren't DGSD characters, but fighting two opponents simultaneously where technique matters more than inner power is a situation custom made for Chow Bak Tung, Gwok Jing, or Little Dragon Girl. You guessed it: Left/Right Hand Technique.
    or Dipper Formation like cough... cough... GJ.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    In consideration of this topic, The DGSD elites are: Xiao Feng, Xiao Yuanshan, Murong Bo, and Jiumozhi.

First thought: Xiao Feng had trouble with the combined force of You Tanzhi and Murong Fu. Could any other DGSD elite deal with those opponents better?

Well, my 2 cents are: I think that Jiumozhi might be able to outperform Xiao Feng there. Jiumozhi should have comparable internal energy as Xiao, and he has more fancy technique. I believe that the strategy to win against the deadly combo is not by higher internal energy (since their internal energies were awesome), but by dazzling technique, which Jiumozhi knows better than Xiao Feng.

Second thought: Jiumozhi had trouble with an inexperienced Xuzhu, under the circumstance that both must use Shaolin kung fu (which Xuzhu didn't adhere to later). Could any other DGSD elite outperform Jiumozhi in that situation?
    1. I doubt any of them can perform better. Remember.. XF has warrior spirit (which everyone seriously overrates at times) with him and he still wasn't able to outperformed the duel.
    2. You can't really blame JMZ on this one either. JMZ is better at tibetan art and Flame Blade, not the 72 arts. And as low internal XZ can utilize, XZ can still utilize 50% which is more than enough to be able to use basic Shaolin to match Supreme Shaolin. I think the other 3 however can do better because they study more closely plus they also learn the internal section. MRB, XYS eached mastered some of the 72 arts and therefore could most likely do better. And they studied them more closely. As for XF, he could also do better because he grew up studying Shaolin. And even though XF has only one 72 Supreme art, it's still better than the most basic shaolin fists. And of course XF mastered it to a high level.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Include the god and the discussion is over

But erhmm go XF!! *flees*
    Still searching for my GuGu

Quote Originally Posted by R!chard
    Include the god and the discussion is over

But erhmm go XF!! *flees*
    hehe... lol.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

duan yu could easily takes YTZ's strike because his BMSG would absorb and add it to his own, and he had the fire toad poisoness essence in his body which makes him immune to all poisons and is the perfect counter to YTZ's icy silkworm toxin.

XuZhu because he could match YTZ's inner power and had technique to match MRF. DCQ would die under either duan yu's or XuZhu's hand in no time(we already know XuZhu beats him).
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    duan yu could easily takes YTZ's strike because his BMSG would absorb and add it to his own, and he had the fire toad poisoness essence in his body which makes him immune to all poisons and is the perfect counter to YTZ's icy silkworm toxin.
    Can Bak Ming Sun Gung work on Yik Gun Ging inner power? I think I read somewhere that Yik Gun Ging inner power is an exception, and can resist absorption by a Bak Ming Sun Gung practitioner.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

in duan yu would probably run around, avoiding everyone till he trips, then caught by his opponents, who then will find their inner power bing sucked away.

DCQ's power dissoling skill has similarites with BMSG, both absorb energy but power dissolving skill can't add it to the user. but the higest level of BMSG is superior and can absorb. through it will depend on who's inner power is higher.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I believe YTZ doesn't have YJJ now (in the 3rd edition). So DY would probably be able to suck it. Regardless of that, YJJ is supposed to allow the user to control his inner strength, so FZ probably had mastered it to such an extent that he could control his inner power completely, whereas YTZ probably only increased his inner strength without knowing how to direct it as he wished.

Quote Originally Posted by siegefried
    I believe YTZ doesn't have YJJ now (in the 3rd edition). So DY would probably be able to suck it. Regardless of that, YJJ is supposed to allow the user to control his inner strength, so FZ probably had mastered it to such an extent that he could control his inner power completely, whereas YTZ probably only increased his inner strength without knowing how to direct it as he wished.
    well.... the Shaolins are different.
    You know there are 2 shaolins right? North Shaolin located at Xhong Mountain (Zuo Len Chang's mountain and the same one in DGSD). South Shaolin located at Fujian which is the one in XAJH. In real history, South no longer exists because it was burned down by either Kangxi or Qianlong during Qing era. And even today, they still can't locate the place of the Fujian Shaolin.

I believe Murong Bo would fare better than XYS, JMZ, XF. Considering the fact that MRF was his son, was raised by him and he practically knew what strokes or moves MRF would use easily.
    ..ext88

duan yu could easily takes YTZ's strike because his BMSG would absorb and add it to his own
    I thought that he had to press his thumb in a specific pressure point of the body in order to absorb any energy from anybody. So I don't think it will work as nicely as you described.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    well.... the Shaolins are different.
    You know there are 2 shaolins right? North Shaolin located at Xhong Mountain (Zuo Len Chang's mountain and the same one in DGSD). South Shaolin located at Fujian which is the one in XAJH.
    The Shaolin Temple of Xiao Ao Jianghu is also the Northern Shaolin temple at Songshan. The Southern temple was only mentioned when abbot Fangzheng talked about the origins of Kuihua Baodian.

In real history, South no longer exists because it was burned down by either Kangxi or Qianlong during Qing era. And even today, they still can't locate the place of the Fujian Shaolin.
    In REAL HISTORY, there is no mention of a Southern Shaolin temple. The stories about a Southern temple were only found in legends circulating amongst secret societies like the Heaven and Earth Society.

And what does this have to do with Siegefried's comments about Yijinjing?
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

So west Shaolin is fake too?

In the entire history, have there been only 1 Shaolin?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I thought that he had to press his thumb in a specific pressure point of the body in order to absorb any energy from anybody. So I don't think it will work as nicely as you described.
    Yeah, if it did, then why would he even need to block XF's attack near the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    The Shaolin Temple of Xiao Ao Jianghu is also the Northern Shaolin temple at Songshan. The Southern temple was only mentioned when abbot Fangzheng talked about the origins of Kuihua Baodian.

In REAL HISTORY, there is no mention of a Southern Shaolin temple. The stories about a Southern temple were only found in legends circulating amongst secret societies like the Heaven and Earth Society.

And what does this have to do with Siegefried's comments about Yijinjing?
    Well Extremer88 said the XAJH was the south one, so I don't know. However, that doesn't really make sense if it's the North one. Where is Songshan sect if Shaolin is at Songshan? Right next to each other?

Hm... you sure? I heard other people talk about how S Shaolin use to help Kangxi against WuSangui. And Kangxi felt these monks were too powerful and therefore burned the place down which can't be found today (no trace).

Well, different Shaolins may have the same origin, but it may be overall still a bit different. Just like how Chen/Yang Faimly Taichi is. Overall same origin, but quite unique and different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    So west Shaolin is fake too?

In the entire history, have there been only 1 Shaolin?
    Western Shaolin was made up by Jin Yong.

There were certainly other temples, but they were not very significant.

Well Extremer88 said the XAJH was the south one, so I don't know. However, that doesn't really make sense if it's the North one. Where is Songshan sect if Shaolin is at Songshan? Right next to each other?
    The Songshan Mountain area consists of two mountains: the Taishi (Great Peak) and Shaoshi (Lesser Peak). Shaolin Temple is located at the Lesser Peak (Shaolin literally means Lesser Peak Pagoda Forest).

Hm... you sure? I heard other people talk about how S Shaolin use to help Kangxi against WuSangui. And Kangxi felt these monks were too powerful and therefore burned the place down which can't be found today (no trace).
    In the legends of the Triads, it was said that the Shaolin temple assisted Kangxi in fighting the State of Xilu 西魯國 . No such thin&#1 03; was eve&# 114; mentio&#110 ;ed in historic&#9 7;l record&# 115;, nor di& #100; a state& #32;called X&# 105;lu exis&#116 ; in Chinese &#10 4;istory.  In the 1&#51 ;th year &#11 1;f the reign&# 32;of Emperor &#75 ;angxi, a  rebel ar&#109 ;y was lo&#99 ;ated in Fujian s&#101 ;rving Zh&#1 01;ng Cheng& #103;ong in Taiwan. Du e to internal&#3 2;strife, &# 116;he leader&#11 5; of the army&#32 ;betrayed&#3 2;Zheng an&#1 00; offered  assistan&#99 ;e to the Qing &#99 ;ourt. Ho&#11 9;ever, Ka&#11 0;gxi order ed the le&#9 7;ders of the rebel&#1 15; to be executed&#4 6; This hi&#1 15;torical &# 102;act was &#1 08;ater mix& #101;d with S haolin fo&#1 08;klore to create the&#3 2;legend o&#102 ; Kangxi be traying &#83 ;haolin an&#1 00; destroy ing the &#11 6;emple. A &#1 15;outhern  Shaolin &#116 ;emple mi&# 103;ht or might no&#1 16; have ex&# 105;sted in history,&#3 2;scholars&# 32;and arch&#9 7;eologist s are no&#116 ; sure ab&#111 ;ut this,&#3 2;but if there wa&#11 5; a temple& #44; it did not &#10 4;ave any &#10 0;irect re&# 108;ation wi th Kangx&#105 ;. �

well.... it is possibly true that there is no South Shaolin or else why would there not even by a single trace of Shaolin after all this searching in Fujian.

Even if S Shaolin existed, how come S Shaolin appeared in Book and Sword at Qianlong's time(grandson of Kangxi)?

They did find something. Two locations: the Linquan Temple and Dongchan Temple ruins in Fujian. One of these two might be the historical Southern Shaolin temple.

Anyway, the Chinese government already built a new Southern temple for the tourists, so...

Jin Yong did have the temple burnt in his novel, but instead of Kangxi it was Qianlong.