Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamashita Tomohisa

I have finished Kurosagi...

*Spoliers*

To think that it was the jealously of a girl that nearly did Kurosagi in...how silly but realistic of life....the minor things that cause the biggest impact or greatest damage in the end.

Now switching between both Kurosagi and Nobuta Wo Produce. I can't help it but to say that Akira is so cute! and endearing! Kurosagi by comparison is much heavier drama and such a different character from Akira. He carries such a heavy burden but his background also accounts for his attraction, where his attraction lies.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I downloaded my Kurosagi from d-addicts, subbed by Kioku, the quality was pretty decent. I downloaded the raw version of the first episode, the quality was awesome since there were no compression done. Kurosagi was filmed in darker tones, I think the producers were trying to tell the story with a film noir feel to it. I do feel the show was pretty predictable in many episodes, and I seriously do not understand some of the tactics Kurosaki used to swindled his opponents. Some of them were just too far fetched while some were just 'huh?' to me.

The female lead is Horikita Maki, the love story wasn't really a love story, it was all along one sided, Kurosaki never expressed how he felt about her. I suppose it leaves the possibility of a sequel?

The PV of both Seishun Amigo and Signal can be found in youtube. If you want high quality versions, then you probably have to download them.
    Thank you for providing that definition for Film Noir...it was truly interesting and enriching reading.

what the.. Yamapi looks even more femine than i am KAze is only 20 too . all young lil boys
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    what the.. Yamapi looks even more femine than i am KAze is only 20 too . all young lil boys
    Sugar, were you not aware before that they are both that young?

i don't know.. i am used to watching HK and china things.. and usualy, the actors are over 25 since the majority was borned around 1981. Korea, is it is the same.

In Japan, most of the j dramas i watched so far.. the actors and actresses are quite young... well younger than i thought. I thought Kaze would be 23 and up.... but he was borned 1986. Yamapi, i tbought would be 24 ish.... but he was born in 1985.

and watching Nobuta wo produce... Yamapi is a cutey pie

Actually, even the female leads in Nobuta are very young, they are only 18 after they celebrate their birthdays this year. Take Horikita Maki for eg, she's born in 1988 and since her birthday's in Oct, she is only 17!! she could easily pass off as a 21 uni grad in my opinion.

I know, the first time I saw Yamapi in mags, I was telling my sister he looks about 23, bet 21-23,, but definitely below 23..

I don't know if you guy notived... but in NObuta wo PRoduce... In the 2nd episodes, Horikita maki (after she got her hair cut and dressed normally) was walking to schools with leather boots.. but in the next scene that follows ( when she entered the school), she was wearing white sneakers

I don't really pay attention to shoes, but it is probably cause Japanese students change from outdoor shoes to indoor shoes when they enter the school compounds.

I was looking randomly at some new Japanese mags and I noticed that Yamapi'veins on his hands are really showing. You don't get that unless you worked out a lot which left me wondering how does one cope with an unforgiving schedule of work, school and gym-work outs plus sleep?

he must being doing alot of his hands......

About that new temp unit Yamapi is in, I don't find Mike and Golf cute at all, apparently they are popular. Putting them next to Yamapi is just well....I think not exactly a good idea....Yamapi is much cuter.

I was watchng Lunch QUeenn.. and dear god. Yamapi's arms were like a toothpick. He was really skinny It is a cooking series too.. seems a bit akward

I was watchng Lunch QUeenn.. and dear god. Yamapi's arms were like a toothpick. He was really skinny It is a cooking series too.. seems a bit akward
    Is this series any good?

He was once so skinny. My mom could not even tell Yamapi from his changes over the years and she thinks he looks better with black hair.

Before I watch Kurosagi, I was excited about how the opening credits would be like but after seeing it, it feels like there's no effort put into it. By comparison, I enjoyed the PV much more, esp since Yamapi did a decent job singing it.
    Last edited by strawberry; 08-21-06 at 12:09 AM.

Lunch Queen is alright.. I am a fan of cooking shows so I like it. Yamapi is not really the main character.. in fact, i don' seem him having any relevance to the story.

I have to agree wth your mom, I like him in black hair or dark brown hair somehow. He looks manlier and much moer mature. Something with overbleached hair like in Lunch Queen and Stand Up makes him look like a typical japanese wannabe gangster.

i actually prefer his voice over Kame .. I think Kame sounds a bit too girly.. Yamapi sounds a bit manlier

Lunch Queen is alright.. I am a fan of cooking shows so I like it. Yamapi is not really the main character.. in fact, i don' seem him having any relevance to the story.

I have to agree wth your mom, I like him in black hair or dark brown hair somehow. He looks manlier and much moer mature. Something with overbleached hair like in Lunch Queen and Stand Up makes him look like a typical japanese wannabe gangster.

i actually prefer his voice over Kame .. I think Kame sounds a bit too girly.. Yamapi sounds a bit manlier
    You and my mom are not alone. I too prefer him with black hair and agree with your reasons for it.. but though he has been sporting blonde dyed hair in the past, for some reason, he still is attractive though the vibes given off is very different. I think Yamapi has single-handedly make black hair very hip! ha ha...

What do you think of the Nobuta hair? Its still dyed but shorter, tidier. Somewhere in the middle? I don’t mind this hairdo and colour.

I just saw this clip of Yamapi singing this song 'let me'. He wore this huge hat that covered half his face..actually, you can hardly see him in the performance but I love the song and the performance!

I saw the clip as well... Pi and his dead animal performing together :P. I much prefer his solo performance of LoveXXX, his face was visible and he was doing that ero ero dance thingy.

I like his hair in Nobuta as well, in the later episodes though, when it was darker. The hairstyle is slightly different than what he's sporting now but it gave him a very nice clean cut look.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I saw the clip as well... Pi and his dead animal performing together :P. I much prefer his solo performance of LoveXXX, his face was visible and he was doing that ero ero dance thingy.

I like his hair in Nobuta as well, in the later episodes though, when it was darker. The hairstyle is slightly different than what he's sporting now but it gave him a very nice clean cut look.
    huh..dead animal performing...suddenly, the picture doesn't look so pretty anymore. ...now, you have perked up my interest to watch that other clip you mentioned....oh my, I have reached 4000 post and to think I achieve it here at Yamashita's thread...