View Poll Results: What is more despicable?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flirting with others, despite being in love with someone

12 27.27%
  • Dating someone, despite being already engaged

32 72.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Relationship Question

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Well, people should read my explanation first. Guo Jing's engagement was a reluctant, but in the beginning it was not one forced upon. Also, he should have told Huang Rong much earlier (I know, he forgot, but that's not really an excuse).
    lol. I agree. Forgot is really no excuse for this action (or non-action) of his.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Guys, what's happening here ? I haven't been here often lately but...

Cool it down fellas, you're supposed to have fun here or any internet forum.

And, did I hear my name being mentioned here ?

Just kidding, but really guys, take it easy.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Ken, you don't have much of an excuse anymore not to read ROCH, now that we have the complete translation on Wuxiapedia. .
    It's the entire CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY or nada, Candide. That's just the way it is.

I know that the TVB 1980s LOCH and ROCH series, complete and uncut, are now available on DVD. I'm not buying those yet either for one very simple reason: HSDS '86 isn't out on DVD yet and we don't know if it ever will.

What can I say? I'm a completist. Nothing irks me more than an incomplete collection.

yeah, that feels bad.
    It's like watching a cartoon(when I was little). And then 30 minutes later, show is over, wait till next week for the brand new episode blah blah blah. I hate that. And when I watch TV series, I hate it if I have to wait like that. So buying or downloading the whole set now is better.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I would note that neither is necessarily despicable and that it is pointless to attempt to compare their relative despicability.

luckily this thread slowed down... (hopefully at least)
    Haven't heard a arguement as heated as this since Chinese History Forum's arguement over whether Tang Taizong's Zhengguan or Tang Xuanzong's Kai Yuan/TianBao was better . That was one heated arguement that people were literally insulting each other and using textbooks in each other's face.

Anyhow, though Ken didn't read it yet, but he doesn't have to read it to learn.
    Like Lav, I didn't start seriously taking chinese until I was 13 when I was first exposed to wuxia LOCH. The reason I expanded chinese was because I needed to do so to be able to read it(like Lav there).
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Anyway guys... enough of the Yang Guo/Guo Jing bashing.... let's all bash ZWJ instead. He's the most indecisive when it comes to love

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    Anyway guys... enough of the Yang Guo/Guo Jing bashing.... let's all bash ZWJ instead. He's the most indecisive when it comes to love
    oh c'mon.... ZWJ is the nicest person around. He probably wouldn't even hurt a fly

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's the entire CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY or nada, Candide. That's just the way it is.

I know that the TVB 1980s LOCH and ROCH series, complete and uncut, are now available on DVD. I'm not buying those yet either for one very simple reason: HSDS '86 isn't out on DVD yet and we don't know if it ever will.

What can I say? I'm a completist. Nothing irks me more than an incomplete collection.
    Well, if you want it to be available sooner, we always need an extra hand with the proofreading and editing...
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I've done #1 myself so how can I judge.

Also, it is not neccessarly possible to fulfill the ambition of one's desire thus flirting can be a form of psychological relief. And in the real world, people don't die when you flirt. Heck people don't even get their feelings hurt unless you got some mad skill or something.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Well, if you want it to be available sooner, we always need an extra hand with the proofreading and editing...
    DEFINITELY!

We've almost reached Chap 20 in LoCH and we already have guys (and gals) working on chapters up to chapter 30 presently. An extra hand would be really helpful, especially when Wizard James is currently the only editor in the project. I tell you he'd have gone crazy back then (in RoCH) if not for Athena's (and Bangs') help.

When GJ said he would marry Wah Jung, he did not even know Wong Yung existed. He was just settling and then realized there was something better out there.