Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joo Mong

It's nice to see "ice princess" Han Hye Jin cast in a leading role in this big production. I'm interested in watching this when I have more time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wait till all the eps come out. It's only out on DVD up to ep 36 and I'm just in agony hanging there. A bit slow paced but the characters are quite interesting.

Me too, I am really looking forward to watching this series in full. I love Song Il Gook who is starring in this historical drama.

I want to marry a new Korean actor each time I watch a new show, especially periodic dramas. Although in So Dong Yo I prefer the spy to So Dong. Strange how I keep posting about Ju Mong in that thread and So Dong Yo in this.

Default jumong

hi! has anyone finished watching this series? or is watching the series?
    i've seen some episodes, and it's quite good...i'm planning to buy a copy, but i'd still want to get opinions from you guys if its worth the buy.
    thank you

Part 1 of 3 parts out in SG for S$39.90 vcd format but only dialogue in Korean with Chinese subtitles. Licensed by Poh Kim.

That's very expensive. I got the DVDs in Australia much earlier at less than @$30 each. They've now extended the series to 80 eps. Didn't realize till I made it to ep 60. Nice and yet frustrating at the same time. I don't think I'm going to like the ending though. It's supposed to be a happy ending but So Suh No seems to still suffer.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

is it still being shown in korea?
    i've been searching for episode guides, and the longest i've come to was unitl episode 75...and it's not even far from ending yet. the series is quite long.
    quite disappointing though, i don't think joomong and so seo no's relationship flourished after the wife's death...

to anyone who has seen this... any synopsis...or di joomong and so seo no end up together?

is it still being shown in korea?
    Ended two days ago.

to anyone who has seen this... any synopsis...or di joomong and so seo no end up together?
    History said Joomong backstabbed Soseono by using her money and power to become a king only to kick her out some 17 years later, and the drama follows that historical line.

Given than both were fertile but had no children, you bet their marriage was a political convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Ended two days ago.

History said Joomong backstabbed Soseono by using her money and power to become a king only to kick her out some 17 years later, and the drama follows that historical line.

Given than both were fertile but had no children, you bet their marriage was a political convenience.
    sorry.. but i got i bit confused...in the series they did end up together...
    is this series based on a true story? ie it did actually happen...

thank you.

I am recurrently watching and at episode 31. This is an awesome drama which have kept me hook. Usually I never bother to watch historical dramas that would carry out to be this long, because I always thought of it to be dead draggy. I have become addicted. I love the two leading characters and Han Hye Ji is very pretty, I'd have to say. A perfect beauty near to Song Hye Kyo, Lee Da-Hae and Kim Tae Hee. Hopefully she will rise soon .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Huh? So are you saying that Joomong really backstabbed Soseono at the end and that he really didn't love her (in the serie, I mean, cuz I don't really care about the history)??? Omg! Please reply, soon! If that happens, I'm not going to watch it! It looks to me like he loves her and only her, rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalty
    Huh? So are you saying that Joomong really backstabbed Soseono at the end and that he really didn't love her (in the serie, I mean, cuz I don't really care about the history)??? Omg! Please reply, soon! If that happens, I'm not going to watch it! It looks to me like he loves her and only her, rite?

Can anyone tell me the Viet title for this serie, please?

In the series, yes. In history, probably no.

In both versions, Soseono is betrayed by Joomong and has to migrate down to present day Seoul to start her own country, where she is betrayed by her own son. Soseono had no luck with men, both her two hushands and even her disobedient son...

One thing striking about Soseono is that she really led her army into the battles in history, and it was the battle with her own son where she was defeated. I am sure the son didn't intend on hurting his mummy but she wasn't so lucky.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 03-27-07 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    In the series, yes. In history, probably no.

In both versions, Soseono is betrayed by Joomong and has to migrate down to present day Seoul to start her own country, where she is betrayed by her own son. Soseono had no luck with men, both her two hushands and even her disobedient son...

One thing striking about Soseono is that she really led her army into the battles in history, and it was the battle with her own son where she was defeated. I am sure the son didn't intend on hurting his mummy but she wasn't so lucky.

Omg!!! But I thought he really love her, no? Well, I'm not watching it! Thanks anyway. Why would he do that if he really love her? I don't get it
    Last edited by Eternalty; 03-27-07 at 10:43 PM.

you know that they are playing this series on AZNTV
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    you know that they are playing this series on AZNTV
    What's AZNTV? Is that like cable or something because I don't have cable nor can I download it off the internet because my computer is super slow and the quality isn't that good either!

Hey, JonDoe, can you please tell me why Joomong betrayed Soseono because I don't get! Why would he do that if he really love her? Arr! I'm in agony right now!

P.S. I thought that this serie is supposed to have a happy ending?

Hey, JonDoe, can you please tell me why Joomong betrayed Soseono because I don't get! Why would he do that if he really love her?
    In history, he didn't.

History : Joomong was 22 year old, while Soseono was a 30 year old widow with two kids when they first met. Their marriage was a political convenience that lasted for 18 years until Joomong's death. Joomong betrays Soseono by giving the throne to his son from his first marriage, even though Soseono's eldest son was the oldest of three and should have claimed the throne.

TV Series : The script writer reduced the age gap to less than 1 year. You can't tell Soseono is the older woman since the actress playing the character is a decade junior of Song Il Gook(A common problem in Korean series, where the actresses are often 10 years younger than the characters they play.)Joomong has to betray Soseono because history says so. The script writer is not at liberty to alter history.

P.S. I thought that this serie is supposed to have a happy ending?
    Joomong dies after receiving a battle wound at age 40. Betrayed Soseono packs up and migrates south after Joomong's death. Then she dies in the final battle with her younger son.

This was no fairy tale.