Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Change Of Destiny 《天機算》

i know i definitely like this show, but the ending.....i don't know if i enjoyed it as much. I think Benny's character was too good in the begining, and how he was usurped by greed near the end...i think it needed a longer development to change him to the way he was at the end.

again...i felt the ending was little rushed.

till the very ending, i still couldn't grasp that Benny's character had became bad. Also, throughout the whole time i have been wondering if Benny's character will become emperor, and if not, what about the prophecy. i was hoping that tvb would have a better explanation than what they gave at the end, which is the character's misinterpreting the prophecy.

overall, i still liked the series, i just wish Benny would have a better ending than this...and what if he is to recover one day....hmm....

oh and...poor princess....she really doesn't deserve all this.

The princess' significance was gone..Benny becoming crazy was a bit..hm....I duno..at least Shirley and Steven got a happy ending. The last episode become more light-hearted again though~

Quote Originally Posted by eve13 View Post
    i know i definitely like this show, but the ending.....i don't know if i enjoyed it as much. I think Benny's character was too good in the begining, and how he was usurped by greed near the end...i think it needed a longer development to change him to the way he was at the end.

again...i felt the ending was little rushed.

till the very ending, i still couldn't grasp that Benny's character had became bad. Also, throughout the whole time i have been wondering if Benny's character will become emperor, and if not, what about the prophecy. i was hoping that tvb would have a better explanation than what they gave at the end, which is the character's misinterpreting the prophecy.

overall, i still liked the series, i just wish Benny would have a better ending than this...and what if he is to recover one day....hmm....

oh and...poor princess....she really doesn't deserve all this.
    I agree. I thought that they didnt transition Benny into the evil character from a good character well. I saw it as this. He was good up until the marriage with Sum Yi and the point where he goes poor. Then after that, hes suddenly scheming, but its unclear as to his actual motives. The ending was strange, and I didn't enjoy it very much.
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

yes! that's right! it's his motives that really confuses me.

i was hoping for him to reveal a more meaningful motive at the end of everything, rather than...i don't want to be poor, i want to be king....plain stupid for a character like his.

If you're greedy and ambitious enough, anyone would want to become Emperor. Moreover, Benny is the direct descendant of the Zhou royalty, and the Song emperor is the one who robbed them of their empire. It makes sense for Benny to try and usurp the throne. Besides that, you also have to consider that Benny lived a rich life since he was young and Nan Fang Wen (don't know how to pronounce it in Canto) also help to convince him that he should be the Emperor according to the "Pushing Back Diagrams".
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking more help!

I agree with Ueda Jiro =) I think he's real motive was getting back what he thinks is his, i.e being an emperor since he was a descendant... He believed in the Book of Destiny so much and he also wanted to seek revenge for this mother~ I believe if he didn't know this, he would rather be a normal person and be with his true love Selena, than to marry Mimi (sounds slack but he never loved her)

I'm at eps. 15 now, Yip Yeung is turning evil. I wondered how come he trusted Nam Fong Man so much since previously he did bad stuffs to Yip Yeung himself as well... Always remember "Once being unfaithful, can't trust/use for 100 times"

Quick question, seeking quick answer....

Steven Ma sang the themesong but I heard someone else dueting with him, or maybe I heard it wrong...anyone know?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

he sang it with joel chan

hey there! can someone tell me the ending for Selena and Benny? thanks
    WU ZUN ! <3

benny went crazy and selena looked after him
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz View Post
    benny went crazy and selena looked after him

i'm up to episode 13 or something but i saw the ending as my parents were watching it as well, and well.... the ending sucss! he married the princess and selena has to look after the two of them even though hes with the princess now... the most annoying character in this series so far (and from the looks at the end) is the princess... i'm sorry but she truly sux. benny loved selena and because of the princess they couldnt really be together i pose in this case, true love doesnt win in the end and he goes nutty instead... last couple of mins funny when both the grandchildren open up the pressie and it turns out to the book of destiny! don't really like the themesong, heard steven ma sang better themesongs before.

Just finished this series. I only shed tears twice throughtout the series-the part when Benny's mum saw Selina eating the potato skin and the last episode when Selina has to look after the crazy princess n Benny. I think Selina deserved a better ending...I rather they just kill off Benny's character than to let him live and make Selina suffer..looking after Benny is already enough...whatmore when there's another looney princess. But I gotta say I enjoy watching Benny's character the most. Steven's character is funny but not as interesting
    Last edited by chelsea_fan; 07-06-07 at 04:06 AM.

I think Selina deserved a better ending...I rather they just kill off Benny's character than to let him live and make Selina suffer..looking after Benny is already enough...whatmore when there's another looney princess. But I gotta say I enjoy watching Benny's character the most. Steven's character is funny but not as interesting
    i truly agree selena did deserve a better ending that what she gotten and yes the princess does sucks
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

i just finished this series and here's a few points i like

1) selina lee: the 1st few series i saw her i always thought she was kindda odd looking, in this series they did the make up/costume right on her and she looked good, i thought she was pretty and cute (even more than shirley)

2) benny chan: i don't know what the script was thinking, this character is confusing, he was a smart/con man but he had a good heart, and a character like that would never turned out the way he did, it was pretty mess up scripting.

3) shirley/steven was just borring here, to be honest, even with the mess up scriptting of benny chan character i think people would remember him more than this perfect couple.

4) mimi lo: they always put her in these roles (remember verderant bow?) haha. i don't know what to say here.

beggining was boring, i almost stop watching, then it pick up a bit, and then it droped like a rock at the end. BAD BAD series.

I haven't watched series in a long time so I was really looking forward to catching up on new 'ancient series', and seeing Benny & Steven in this, I was pretty excited! I loved the pace of the plot and everything was great (Steven/Shirley, Benny/Selena chemistry) until when Benny became evil. I guess it was hard to believe. I'm just bummed the ending wasn't satisfying enough - I didn't like how Mimi still ended up with Benny and Selena was stuck taking care the both of them and Benny's father.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

The first half of the series was good. Very entertaining to watch. However, the second half is not very good. The series downfall was when Benny's character got poor. From that point on, I just wanted to give up but I had my hope and continue watching. The transition of Benny's character from good to evil was poorly written. Mimi's character was a joy to watch until she went back to the palace. SHe became completely unbearable to watch- no longer the funny, loud, tomboy character we see in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by litomissbk View Post
    The first half of the series was good. Very entertaining to watch. However, the second half is not very good. The series downfall was when Benny's character got poor. From that point on, I just wanted to give up but I had my hope and continue watching. The transition of Benny's character from good to evil was poorly written. Mimi's character was a joy to watch until she went back to the palace. SHe became completely unbearable to watch- no longer the funny, loud, tomboy character we see in the beginning.
    I agree with what you've said here =) Oerall I did ejoy watching the series though.

just finished this series.... i gotta say the ending was good but anti climatic. i found this series fun to watch until yuen wah died. then the series started to get more serious and unbelievably fake. but o well, id give this a 7/10.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

This show wasn't bad.

Felt bad for Selena though. ):

&&& StevenShirley is cute.
    Christine Ng, Joyce Tang, Leila Tong, Shirley Yeung & Tavia Yeung.
    Raymond Lam & Roger Kwok