Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which JY character can assassinate the Mongol Khan and his generals?

Default Which JY character can assassinate the Mongol Khan and his generals?

Which JY character do you think would have no problem assasinating the Mongol Khan and all his generals? Remember the security would problably be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Which JY character do you think would have no problem assasinating the Mongol Khan and all his generals? Remember the security would probably be tight.
    Probably Zhou Botong if he was inclined to do so. He seemed to get into any place he wanted to.

Duan Yu, Xu Zhu. Sweeper Monk. Maybe Shi Potian.

There are multiple people who could probably assassinate the Mongol Khan in a one-shot, like Yang Guo, but after that the security would be tightened and getting all the generals as well would prove difficult (which is why GJ didn't do it).

Any Greats-level or above fighter should be able to pull it off provided that the circumstances line up just right. That doesn't happen very often, though, so carpe diem when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Any Greats-level or above fighter should be able to pull it off provided that the circumstances line up just right. That doesn't happen very often, though, so carpe diem when it does.
    Just like the Yuan Dynasty, assasinating someone is not an insurmountable feat. It is just the problem of getting out alive and after that, what you have done is minimal as the next king will do no any less evil than the deceased.
    Last edited by Pacifian; 09-17-06 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Just like the Yuan Dynasty, assasinating someone powerful is not an insurmountable feat. It is just the problem of getting out alive and after that, what you have done is minimal as the next king will do no any less evil than the deceased.
    I think the key is to do one's homework and identify the empire's most capable people (which might or might not include the actual ruler) before moving in. More important than some figurehead king in most cases (unless you're dealing with a Genghis or Kublai type) is taking down key military and civilian leaders known for their influence and savvy.

I should have been more clear. This is the scenerio.

The Mongol Khan is back at his kingdom and the generals are aware of assassignation plots. Security would be tightest. But they don't know when it will strike and on whom.

Now, which character could pull off an assassination on the Khan and his generals and still lives. Assassignation don't have to be completed in one day, it could take weeks or months or even a couple of years.

The Mongol Khan is back at his kingdom and the generals are aware of assassignation plots. Security would be tightest. But they don't know when it will strike and on whom.

Now, which character could pull off an assassination on the Khan and his generals and still lives. Assassignation don't have to be completed in one day, it could take weeks or months or even a couple of years.
    Not even Sweeper Monk can pull it off.
    Last edited by Pacifian; 09-17-06 at 01:13 AM.

Ignore this post.

It seems if one wants to assassinate the king in his own palace, the assassin would likely have accepted his own death in return as long as the king is dead.

Not even Sweeper Monk can pull it off.
    How would the guards stop Sweeper exactly?

How would the guards stop Sweeper exactly?
    Sweeper Monk would have to wade through millions and millions of guards before finally reaching the target and due to the impossibly far distance he used all his might and fires a LDA. He turns back and see another million of troops waiting for him.

I bolded the part "and gets out alive" of your quote meaning he might succeed in his assasination but not escape alive.

Sweeper Monk would have to wade through millions and millions of guards before finally reaching the target and due to the impossibly far distance he used all his might and fires a LDA. He turns back and see another million of troops waiting for him.

I bolded the part "and gets out alive" of your quote meaning he might succeed in his assasination but not escape alive.
    millions of guards? The khan has millions of guards inside his kingdom? Let's be a little realistic, he would not have to get through millions to get to the kingdom. I am sure he can kill one guard and take his outfit and get relatively close to the door, then kill the guarding guards, move swiftly in passing more guards, then when he reaches the king, even though he is surrouned by probably dozens of guards, they would not be able to stop him from taking the king's life, then after that, can these guards stop him from leaving? We have seen many movies of assassinations of kings who has way weaker skills than Sweeper escaping onto roof tops. Sweeper may not even need to jump to roof tops, he can leave through the front door, tapping every guard on his way out. He can kill a XF-level fighter in one move, guards would be like flies to him. Once he gets outside, he can disappear into the night.

Btw, when sweeper was hiding in Shaolin, XYS and MRB both fail to detect Sweeper's presence. Now how would the crappy mongolian guards detect him if he chooses to sneak pass them?

I think this task would be easy for Sweeper while it may be difficult but not impossible for other Great level character to do so as well.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 09-17-06 at 02:30 AM.

millions of guards? The khan has millions of guards inside his kingdom? Let's be a little realistic, he would not have to get through millions to get to the kingdom. I am sure he can kill one guard and take his outfit and get relatively close to the door, then kill the guarding guards, move swiftly in passing more guards, then when he reaches the king,
    You must love movies, and the word "millions" was just to mean that there was a lot of them.

And I can tell you Mongolian security at that time wasn't that easy for you to pose as one and get close to the king. Before you actually did that, they will ask for a reason and determine your identity in public, and just as you are about to tap him, you get yourself instantly overwhelmed by the muber of soldiers attacking Xiang Yang. (Mongolian soldiers were that efficient.)

We have seen many movies of assassinations of kings who has slightly weaker skills than Sweeper escaping onto roof tops. Sweeper may not even need to jump to roof tops, he can leave through the front door, tapping every guard on his way out. He can kill a XF-level fighter in one move, guards would be like flies to him. Once he gets outside, he can disappear into the night.
    The point is, in actual history, it is much much much much harder than the movies we see. He may have abundant energy, but try tapping people using some amount of energy for like so many times and keep doing and keep doing, while on the meantime having to worry of possible traps. The king can disguise himself as some normal commoner and Sweeper will have to ransack every single house to get him.

Assuming he is godly and did manage to assasinate the Khan, let's see if he can get out of a whole gigantic fortress of armies and loads of huge defensive structures. (Not as advanced as today, but they got huge metal barriers or something at that time) He will get exhausted. An army, especially those of Yuan Dynasty or Qing, can overwhelm a godly person like him.

And if I remember correctly, they did not have palace, they have tents, which creates much more confusion than one can ever imagine. If we were to trace back to history, the way things were in the past rather than in JY's novels, GJ couldn't possibly get that far away in LOCH.

My impression from what the three DGSD sworn brothers accomplished during that story's climax is that it isn't all that difficult for Greats-level martial artists to get *around* massive military forces. They just have to be smart enough to realize that they must stealth their way around the opposing army, not try to fight through it head on.

Tents would be very favorable as he can leave any direction he desires and set them on fire to cause mass confusion. Remember these soldiers are not that skill, even though they are abundant, they would not have the ability to keep pace with Sweeper if he chooses to move pass them. He doesn't have to stay and fight to exhaustion, he just have to get through some of them and then disappear into the night. The Old Urchin CBT can roam through mongolian camps as he wish, surely it would be an easy task for Sweeper.

Here is another way Sweeper can escape. He can capture the Khan, hold him hostage and tell the troops to step back and give way. Once he gets to a safe area, kills the Khan. I don't think this move is necessary. Another character can use it though.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 09-17-06 at 03:15 AM.

My impression from what the three DGSD sworn brothers accomplished during that story's climax is that it isn't all that difficult for Greats-level martial artists to get *around* massive military forces. They just have to be smart enough to realize that they must stealth their way around the opposing army, not try to fight through it head on.
    Good example. Nope it isn't difficult for them. That is what I would expect the Greatlevel fighters to do - sneak pass guards with their superior lightness kungfu and avoid fighting head on.

Out of curiosity, how many soldiers would it take to take down Sweeper if he choose to confront them head on?

Errmmm, Xu Zhu did use the Head On tactic. You read Asterix comics? How Obelix rams thru the Legions? Xu Zhu was running in, grabbing the soldiers by their scruffs and flinging them out of the way. He did not evade until the last part where the 2 officers tried to stab him with the long spears.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Here is another way Sweeper can escape. He can capture the Khan, hold him hostage and tell the troops to step back and give way. Once he gets to a safe area, kills the Khan. I don't think this move is necessary. Another character can use it though.
    This, I doubt, will work. If anything, the Khan will tell his soldiers not to bother about his life, and put the country first before him. This is one amazing thing about Mongolian soldiers, their efficiency in battle.

This, I doubt, will work. If anything, the Khan will tell his soldiers not to bother about his life, and put the country first before him. This is one amazing thing about Mongolian soldiers, their efficiency in battle.
    They didn't seem so efficient when YG raid their camp. I disagree that a Khan would pull such move, however, even if it is the case the Khan is willing to give up his life, it wouldn't have matter one way or another as Sweeper can still make his way pass these insignificant soldiers. I don't think you understand how easy it is for Sweeper to kill soldiers, he probably wouldn't even waste any energy, just poke them and poke them, like squashing bugs. Imagine how many bugs can you squash before you get tired? I could say I can kill tens of thousands of bugs before I even start breathing heavily. Not to mention how fast Sweeper can move, it would be like XZ running through a soldiers tossing them left and right but worse. In no time, Sweeper will be out of the camp and long gone. I think you are giving these soldiers too much credit.