Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fairy of the Chalice- Zhang Ting, Roger Kwok, Christopher Lee, Liu Tao

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    The plot for this series seems somewhat strange to me. Obviously, Zhang Ting is the female lead, who is in a cliched 'immortal falls for mortal' relationship with Roger. Because of this, the understandable audience response (especially for ZT fans I imagine) is for them to end up together. The 'strange' part is that writers gave the male lead a 'married background'. Attempting to be a light-hearted comedy, mixing in the issue of fidelity is not a good idea...especially if not handled well. Fidelity itself is a touchy and involved theme to play with, and obviously, Fairy Chalice is no Dr Zhivago.

Now, Liu Tao's role as the wife did no wrong. She was a good wife/mother. Just because her role was not the main and she wasn't Zhang Ting, doesn't mean she didn't deserve to end up with her own husband.

I sympathise with the relationship between Roger and Zhang Ting, but then, I personally thought it wrong. Call me a romantic at heart if you will, but if Roger truly loved his wife, nothing could intrude on that perfect harmony of Yin and Yang...there are only essentially 2 parts to the Yin and Yang, never a 3rd party. One can use excuses of memory loss, utter loneliness, 'moments' of weakness, yet the human mind/heart is very steadfast and strong if one wishes it to be. For Roger to love his wife truly, one thousand dazzlingly beautiful fairy Zhang Tings who showered him with undying devotion should not be able to sway him.

I'm sure if everyone put themselves in Xiu Xiu's shoes, they would think differently about 'cheering on' the Roger/Zhang Ting match.

And if that's the case, well, Xiu Xiu would probably be better off with Christopher Lee...he seemed to love her enough...at least based on this wonderful clip anyway...

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/709362-1252431135.html

Wow, I definitely agree with you. I feel the same way.
    I don't even think Zhang Ting is as pretty as Liu Tao, but other people differ, it's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ninavue View Post
    Wow, I definitely agree with you. I feel the same way.
    I don't even think Zhang Ting is as pretty as Liu Tao, but other people differ, it's just my opinion.
    Well, I don't see Liu Tao as 'pretty'. Pretty to me is 'young, fresh, and cute'. Liu Tao has that womanly beauty to her, elegant in her charisma and confidence. She's superb in her dual roles in Yuan Lai Shi Ni (so much so, that I depised one and loved the other...yet its the same person playing the roles).

I don't think Zhang Ting as the stereotypical ancient beauty features, that's why I don't find her a competition for Liu Tao.

I watched the first 5 episodes last night and really enjoyed what I've seen so far. Lots of human frailty displayed and lots of humor. The scenes with the Fairy and Baobao are delightful and watching the two nearly nose to nose trying to out smart and out brat each other was hilarious. Really looking forward to the next episodes.

Just had to post this capture of the Fairy and Baobao having at it.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i34.tinypic.com/2q1x6ip.jpg')

Finished it and was delighted by this series. I Did feel moments of sympathy for Cao Jing, I was glad he was destroyed in the end. The Fairy's struggle to handle simple human tasks was charming and you can't help but feel fond of her. It gets tiresome seeing Liu Tao playing the beautiful, kind and long-suffering character, so it was fun to watch her let loose as she played the Fairy disguised as Xiu Xiu.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Finished it and was delighted by this series. I Did feel moments of sympathy for Cao Jing, I was glad he was destroyed in the end. The Fairy's struggle to handle simple human tasks was charming and you can't help but feel fond of her. It gets tiresome seeing Liu Tao playing the beautiful, kind and long-suffering character, so it was fun to watch her let loose as she played the Fairy disguised as Xiu Xiu.
    Were you watching this on crunchyroll? I'm always looking for new things to watch, but I hate streaming video.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    Were you watching this on crunchyroll? I'm always looking for new things to watch, but I hate streaming video.
    Yup on crunchyroll. Episode 4 is missing but I found it on Veoh under it's pinyin name Ye Guang Shen Bei The subs aren't too bad..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Yup on crunchyroll. Episode 4 is missing but I found it on Veoh under it's pinyin name Ye Guang Shen Bei The subs aren't too bad..
    I guess I'm going to have to adapt to watching things on my computer, or persuade my husband to stop being so paranoid about torrents. Right now I can only watch things he finds on newsgroups.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。