Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 超極女生Chao Qi Nu Sheng 2006 aka Supergirls 2006!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by john-e
    It's on here at 8:30pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) in North America, on Friday and again at 9:00pm on Saturday. I'm pretty sure you're 12 hours ahead, so it will be 8:30am on Saturday and 9:00am on Sunday for you. I'll check my time zone map and make sure.

super thanks john! but i wil hav to skip saturday replays as il be on my way to work by then but at least i have sundays thanks la;D
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

I checked the listings and chao nv is scheduled to show at the times I posted. It's not always accurate cuz I missed part of Saturday's show. Start watching at 8:30 or earlier if u don't want to miss anything.

Here's a time zone map that shows the current time around the world - very handy.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/index24.php

I'm in the same time zone as New York and I'm pretty sure you're the same time zone as China and Singapore. The interactive map (tab at the top) will give u the current time for any city in the world.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

I checked the listings and chao nv is scheduled to show at the times I posted. It's not always accurate cuz I missed part of Saturday's show. Start watching at 8:30 or earlier if u don't want to miss anything.

Here's a time zone map that shows the current time around the world - very handy.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/index24.php

I'm in the same time zone as New York and I'm pretty sure you're the same time zone as China and Singapore. The interactive map (tab at the top) will give u the current time for any city in the world.

thanks for the help john gee i hope its sunday alreadi so that i cud watch it
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Found an article on "Happy Boys Voice". I don't consider FOX a reliable news source, but there were similar articles in a few newspapers.

'No Weirdness, No Vulgarity' on Chinese 'Idol'

This statement is made about the Super Girls competition: "But Xinhua said the competition drew official and public criticism for promoting vulgarity."

What vulgarity? Tears, wild hair and unhealthy songs? Guess they've never seen an Ozzie Osbourne concert, hehe. Reminds of when American TV wouldn't show Elvis from the waist down and the censorship of the Beatles and Rolling Stones when they first appeared on television. All were considered too vulgar at the time.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Found an article on "Happy Boys Voice". I don't consider FOX a reliable news source, but there were similar articles in a few newspapers.

This statement is made about the Super Girls competition: "But Xinhua said the competition drew official and public criticism for promoting vulgarity."

What vulgarity? Tears, wild hair and unhealthy songs? Guess they've never seen an Ozzie Osbourne concert, hehe. Reminds of when American TV wouldn't show Elvis from the waist down and the censorship of the Beatles and Rolling Stones when they first appeared on television. All were considered too vulgar at the time.
    cant believe they criticise like that!!! What? chinese version of american idol? soo not true. Chinese idol is SOOOOOO much better Its different, each and everyone; but they CANT say that we copied american idol!
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

it is similar in a way...but definitely not a copy...why,in american idol, do the contestants get to face different pk's?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

lolx but i tot it's the same sort of producers?? all they want is just ratings really.. when their ratings go down, they'll bring back super girls next year.. lol

i think they say that so that the government will allow them to proceed with this show since super girls create so many controversy previously.. and the government was going to ban it unless hunan tv made changes and so they did in 2006.. i guess this year they are afraid the government might take it down completely..
    Last edited by ChestNut; 04-10-07 at 08:32 AM.
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

it was weird though...coz compared to other competions, i think chao nv has fewer controversies already...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    cant believe they criticise like that!!! What? chinese version of american idol? soo not true. Chinese idol is SOOOOOO much better Its different, each and everyone; but they CANT say that we copied american idol!
    i agree. from what i've seen chao nv is a much better contest than american idol, which i can't stand btw. we have a canadian version that is slightly better cuz the judges aren't rude like that simon guy on american idol, but i don't watch that one much either. i think the comparison is made to give americans an idea of the type of show...singers compete to win a contract.

big master's first post on this thread says it all. it is by far the best singing contest i've ever seen. the only other one i really enjoyed was rock star INXS, mostly cuz i'm a bit of an INXS fan (michael hutchence era - good pipes on that guy, too bad he died). girllikeme, is INXS still big in australia? do u have an opinion of their new singer (canadian jd fortune)? wiki says they're touring australia this year with simple minds and arrested development.

back to chao nv, is the talent better because there r fewer opportunities in china (PRC) for singers to get recording contracts? it seems to me that opportunities r still quite restricted outside of HK and Taiwan.

LOL, the first episode of this year's american idol just came on the tv - what a coincidence. quick, where's my remote so i can change the channel!
    john-e

i agree. from what i've seen chao nv is a much better contest than american idol, which i can't stand btw. we have a canadian version that is slightly better cuz the judges aren't rude like that simon guy on american idol, but i don't watch that one much either. i think the comparison is made to give americans an idea of the type of show...singers compete to win a contract.

big master's first post on this thread says it all. it is by far the best singing contest i've ever seen. the only other one i really enjoyed was rock star INXS, mostly cuz i'm a bit of an INXS fan (michael hutchence era - good pipes on that guy, too bad he died). girllikeme, is INXS still big in australia? do u have an opinion of their new singer (canadian jd fortune)? wiki says they're touring australia this year with simple minds and arrested development.

back to chao nv, is the talent better because there r fewer opportunities in china (PRC) for singers to get recording contracts? it seems to me that opportunities r still quite restricted outside of HK and Taiwan.

LOL, the first episode of this year's american idol just came on the tv - what a coincidence. quick, where's my remote so i can change the channel!
    Hey, whats INXS?

Yeah, we have all that Australian idol. Any of you heard of shannon noll? guy sebastian? anthony callea -- hes really a good singer. This man [sumthing like poparazzi or something./... i forgot totally] whose like a total pro, said callea was something good. Heard of Casey Donovan? The really big one? I feel ashamed, she was okay at the competition, but she got worse and worse in her weight problems. No offence, but I think people said she couldnt fit through car doors and house doors

HK singers [for example, twins, S.H.E. (Sorry chestnut, i know you like them but-), boys, Eason, JOEY] and people like that are completely useless. Last time in the awards night, Twins were singing and OMG. Both out of time, by like 5 seconds, and they probably sang every note of tune. I saw slighty, the audience had this look like "Oh ,, er,, very er, nice." . Seriously, i used to be a fan of them, until i heard them sing live. So it was ALL boring, not much talent, until something surprised me. Zhou bi chang (yes our chao nv BIBI) came out and sang a song!!! she was soooo much better then the rest, you see, even though what she was wearing (all black) and her hair was a bit all over the place, she just out sparked everyone else!

Hey, whats INXS?
    INXS is an Australian band thats been around since 1977, but wasn't really popular til the late 80's and early 90's. Their lead singer died in 1991 i think, and they've just recently tried to make a comeback. Don't know how succesful they are but somewhat popular in canada due to their new singer is canadian. Here's a link to their website. there's also a good history on wiki.

http://www.inxs.com/index.php

Here's a link to their most recent 'hit' Pretty Vegas, u have to watch the leech thing first before it plays the video. I like it catchy tune.

http://music.aol.com/video/pretty-vegas/inxs/1643893
    john-e

off topic........ when i was i china, i got to watch "Bu La Ge Lian Ren" (this korean series that aired on hunan over the past 2 weeks) and it was a really awesome series
    but then when i got back today, i couldnt watch it anymore since the series is only avalible to viewers living in china

the point here, is that hunan should try to buy series that they allow viewers living in other countries besides china to watch and this would also cause them to not replay the chao nu competion over and over again
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna
    off topic........ when i was i china, i got to watch "Bu La Ge Lian Ren" (this korean series that aired on hunan over the past 2 weeks) and it was a really awesome series
    but then when i got back today, i couldnt watch it anymore since the series is only avalible to viewers living in china

the point here, is that hunan should try to buy series that they allow viewers living in other countries besides china to watch and this would also cause them to not replay the chao nu competion over and over again
    welcome back leanna bu la ge lian ren, lovers n prague...hunan did aire it n i was able to see bits of it in my place...u cant see it now when ur back in ur place coz it alredi finished...they r showing fireworks now, another kdorama...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

indeed john, indeed! simon is rude...but he can be funny at times n in amercan idol, i find the contestants all the same...i mean, the feel they gave the audience is just of no variety.while as in chao nv, each contestant has their own unique style...i sometimes browse american idol only to end up disappointed coz the 'supposedly good n better ones' are all too monotonous n the same...

ive watched some performances of INXS,it was pretty good, but havent been addicted as much as i have w chao nv

quick john,change the channel
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Hey, whats INXS?

Yeah, we have all that Australian idol. Any of you heard of shannon noll? guy sebastian? anthony callea -- hes really a good singer. This man [sumthing like poparazzi or something./... i forgot totally] whose like a total pro, said callea was something good. Heard of Casey Donovan? The really big one? I feel ashamed, she was okay at the competition, but she got worse and worse in her weight problems. No offence, but I think people said she couldnt fit through car doors and house doors

HK singers [for example, twins, S.H.E. (Sorry chestnut, i know you like them but-), boys, Eason, JOEY] and people like that are completely useless. Last time in the awards night, Twins were singing and OMG. Both out of time, by like 5 seconds, and they probably sang every note of tune. I saw slighty, the audience had this look like "Oh ,, er,, very er, nice." . Seriously, i used to be a fan of them, until i heard them sing live. So it was ALL boring, not much talent, until something surprised me. Zhou bi chang (yes our chao nv BIBI) came out and sang a song!!! she was soooo much better then the rest, you see, even though what she was wearing (all black) and her hair was a bit all over the place, she just out sparked everyone else!
    ive heard of guy seb, he came to our country last 2004 n stayed in the hotel where i was having my practicum at the moment he had kinky hair

i like eason

and true, though bibi looked rather ordinary, she is really a gem
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

lolx SHE's from Taiwan.. lol..

so did u guys manage to watch the finals?? if not, I can always find the link for u guys ^^
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    i find ella cute n funny especiallyin hana kimi

so did u guys manage to watch the finals?? if not, I can always find the link for u guys ^^
    chestnut! do u hav the link for the finals 2005? i skipped that one super thanks
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    welcome back leanna bu la ge lian ren, lovers n prague...hunan did aire it n i was able to see bits of it in my place...u cant see it now when ur back in ur place coz it alredi finished...they r showing fireworks now, another kdorama...
    its finished in ur place?
    cause i still see the commercials for it at my place since fireworks is airing this friday
    and even if it airs, i still wont be able to see it since i can never see korean dramas in america
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

hey chestnut, i never managed to watch the finals
    mind finding the link for me? thanx in advance
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna
    hey chestnut, i never managed to watch the finals
    mind finding the link for me? thanx in advance
    Finals wasnt good. They didnt care about Li yang, everything was wen jie wen jie wen jie.