Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why is Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung so underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Yeeep but I think QQR actual level around 90% of Greats not 95%..
    QQR: level 72
    Greats: level 75

That makes QQR 96% of a Great (I guess on paper).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yes. They are kind of similar in that sense. In Cheung Mo Gei's case, it originates from his benign nature and, at times, a sense of guilt. To borrow a saying from the late Michael Jackson, he's a doctor, not a fighter. Moreover, he is far less experienced in fighting than any of the other Greats. His time as a fighter was a mere five years, whereas everybody else is talking about decades.

For Kau Cheen Yan and the Golden Wheel Monk, it usually originates from cowardice.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    So we could put Wuji, QQR, and pre-16 JLFW in the same category: Choker/Easily freak out during a fight.
    If terms of cowardice we could consider Wuji JLFW and QQR more or less equal but if we talk about martial arts (at least on paper) Wuji and JLFW much better than QQR..

QQR: level 72
    Greats: level 75

That makes QQR 96% of a Great (I guess on paper).
    I think QQR rank too high since he never reach great-status so he should be only at Lv 70 IMHO (at best) equal with RWX and pre-16 years JLFW..

YG also didn't have much of "battle experience" pre-HIS and 16 years timeskip (if we compared him with GJ at the same age) yet he never being "lousy" since he always fought against people which much stronger than him so fight against good opponents also make you good fighter i.e quality over quantity..
    YG not a clumsy fighter because he has the foundations from all his previous martial arts and from there he mastered Dugu's HIS sword stage, which make him Great++.
    Of course, he could defeat someone like QQR ~100 stances.

I think QQR rank too high since he never reach great-status so he should be only at Lv 70 IMHO (at best) equal with RWX and pre-16 years JLFW..
    I think pre-16, QQR could defeat JLFW in a long fight, so his level should be ~72 and JLFW level ~70.

YG not a clumsy fighter because he has the foundations from all his previous martial arts and from there he mastered Dugu's HIS sword stage, which make him Great++.
    Of course, he could defeat someone like QQR ~100 stances.
    Wuji also have good foundation especially after training with Z3F in Wudang for 6 months yet he still lousy time after time also YG never fully mastered his previous skills until he meet bro condor and trained with DGQB sword art he also didn't have great teacher like H7G or ZBT (GJ) or Z3F (Wuji) but he never clumsy during fight..

I think pre-16, QQR could defeat JLFW in a long fight, so his level should be ~72 and JLFW level ~70.
    Nope only true Greats like ZBT and GJ or HYS could beat pre-16 years JLFW armed with his wheels with their barehanded skills..

Wuji also have good foundation especially after training with Z3F in Wudang for 6 months yet he still lousy time after time also YG never fully mastered his previous skills until he meet bro condor and trained with DGQB sword art he also didn't have great teacher like H7G or ZBT (GJ) or Z3F (Wuji) but he never clumsy during fight..
    Do you think Wuji had too many great skills but he could not execute or utilize them effectively during critical fights due to mostly of his inexperience?

Do you think Wuji had too many great skills but he could not execute or utilize them effectively during critical fights due to mostly of his inexperience?
    Not only his inexperience but he is not a fighter by nature he never want to "hurt" people that why make him passive-lousy fighter though mastered many great skills..

Not only his inexperience but he is not a fighter by nature he never want to "hurt" people that why make him passive-lousy fighter though mastered many great skills..
    But sometimes Wuji really want to win but he still lose the fight.

GJ, ZBT, and YG could adapt to almost any fight due to their experience.
    Also, someone like ZBT and YG developed new martial arts to defeat other Greats.

Also, someone like ZBT and YG developed new martial arts to defeat other Greats.
    Yeeep just like when he fought Du Monks for 2nd time which he should win if not Xie Xun would be in danger but still he fight lousy at that time and letting his grandfather Eagle King die in vain..

Just I said before fight against powerful opponents which much stronger than you could make you become good fighter like GJ or YG or Son Goku..

Just I said before fight against powerful opponents which much stronger than you could make you become good fighter like GJ or YG or Son Goku..
    I agree

I think Cheung Mo Gei underperformed against the Dao-generation monks because he was distracted by his guilt over Chow Chi Yerk and because he respected the Shaolin elders and didn't want to risk harming them. He did not yet have that level mastery where he could defeat them without harming them.

I think Cheung Mo Gei underperformed against the Dao-generation monks because he was distracted by his guilt over Chow Chi Yerk and because he respected the Shaolin elders and didn't want to risk harming them. He did not yet have that level mastery where he could defeat them without harming them.
    During 2nd duel against Du Monks he only fought Du E and Du Jie since Du Nan was "busy" with YX and Eagle King yet Wuji couldn't win as usual he fought stupidity he try to force them to internal energy duel rather than use his superior external skills if we remember XF easily toying with Xuannan and Xuanju in You Manor mostly due his superior external art though he only use Founder Long Fist but his mastered kungfu really beyond imagination..

During 2nd duel against Du Monks he only fought Du E and Du Jie since Du Nan was "busy" with YX and Eagle King yet Wuji couldn't win as usual he fought stupidity he try to force them to internal energy duel rather than use his superior external skills if we remember XF easily toying with Xuannan and Xuanju in You Manor mostly due his superior external art though he only use Founder Long Fist but his mastered kungfu really beyond imagination..
    As I said, he was not yet at that level of mastery where he could defeat such strong adversaries without seriously injuring them. That takes a high degree of skill that I don't think he had yet.

Cheung Mo Gei's external skills mainly rely on using Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee to "copy" the external techniques of whomever he happens to be fighting. This only works on weaker opponents, however. His independent external skills were mostly limited to Tai Chi Fist and Tai Chi Sword...skills which he notably did not draw upon to fight the Dao-generation monks (perhaps they did not suit the occasion or these particular adversaries).

As I said, he was not yet at that level of mastery where he could defeat such strong adversaries without seriously injuring them. That takes a high degree of skill that I don't think he had yet.

Cheung Mo Gei's external skills mainly rely on using Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee to "copy" the external techniques of whomever he happens to be fighting. This only works on weaker opponents, however. His independent external skills were mostly limited to Tai Chi Fist and Tai Chi Sword...skills which he notably did not draw upon to fight the Dao-generation monks (perhaps they did not suit the occasion or these particular adversaries).
    Very likely Wuji skills mostly defensive-passive skills not offense-aggresive skills like 18 Dragon Palm Yiyang Zhi or Iron Palm that why he always struggling against lesser opponents since he doesn't have "killing ability"..

Very likely Wuji skills mostly defensive-passive skills not offense-aggresive skills like 18 Dragon Palm Yiyang Zhi or Iron Palm that why he always struggling against lesser opponents since he doesn't have "killing ability"..
    Yes. His external skills tend to be defensive in nature. He does not seem to have an external skill that is well-suited for attacking first.

I also think that he was never quite focused during the entire time at Shaolin because of Chow Chi Yerk and Chiu Mun. His mind was elsewhere, even during those intense fights.

Yes. His external skills tend to be defensive in nature. He does not seem to have an external skill that is well-suited for attacking first.

I also think that he was never quite focused during the entire time at Shaolin because of Chow Chi Yerk and Chiu Mun. His mind was elsewhere, even during those intense fights.
    But when he fought Xuanming Elders in Dadu (Beijing) he easily dominate them JY even said Wuji could kill He Biweng if he want to kill him and at that duel Wuji never know anything about Persian martial arts yet he still could "toying" with Xuanming Elders but when he fought Du E and Du Jie he struggling to beat them even after he learn Persian martial arts and we know Du Monks only a bit better than Xuanming Elders so if isn't JY inconsistention Wuji logically could beat Du E and Du Jie with easy..