Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nodame Cantabile

well I've read the manga till volume 12.. and it's so funny..
    I don't think the drama will continue the story from the manga because the manga is not finished yet..
    oh yeah here's a bit spoiler from the manga : chiaki finally realizes his feeling for nodame
    Last edited by monkichi; 11-10-06 at 01:14 AM.

Apparently, Tamaki is ambidextrous (and very capable of using both of his hands).

In Top Caster he was a right hand man. In Nodame, he uses both hands. He chops, uses his chopsticks, writes, and conduct with his right hand while he does other things like holding his bag, shower head on his left hand. It seems his dominant is on the left though (proven by the follow vids).

Games competition for Top Caster
    The reversed version of rock paper and scissors had Tamaki confused. He messed up all 3 times. That was too cute. (He used his left hand.) He also used his left for the archery. Shosuke really has great physique. He's so serious and he gives me the impression of having such dry sense of humor, very hard on himself as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYgHP-Jt3O4

Archery competition for Nodame
    Tamaki used his dominant left again and almost hit bull's eye. Very nice. (Eita didn't do too well.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eRiuF0Hjrk

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    Apparently, Tamaki is ambidextrous (and very capable of using both of his hands).

In Top Caster he was a right hand man. In Nodame, he uses both hands. He chops, uses his chopsticks, writes, and conduct with his right hand while he does other things like holding his bag, shower head on his left hand. It seems his dominant is on the left though (proven by the follow vids).

The reversed version of rock paper and scissors had Tamaki confused. He messed up all 3 times. That was too cute. (He used his left hand.) He also used his left for the archery. Shosuke really has great physique. He's so serious and he gives me the impression of having such dry sense of humor, very hard on himself as well.

Tamaki used his dominant left again and almost hit bull's eye. Very nice. (Eita didn't do too well.)
    I am wondering if its something that the Japanese was brought up with. Yamapi is also ambidextrous.

Thanks for the links Grifis. I loved the archery competition, and the nice closeup shot of Hiroshi savoring the hit with the golden arrow that won his team 400 points. Eita looked unhappy and disappointed at his own performance. And I totally agree with your comments on Shosuke. *sigh* Such delectable males (Eita excluded).

Are you going to spoil us with more shots of Chiaki-sama in episode 5? I'm dying to watch it, and I wonder how much of the manga Nodame Cantabile will cover. It's hard to imagine that the producers won't succumb to the temptation to milk the popularity of the drama for all its worth given how strongly and steadily its been performing in the television ratings.

Again, thanks for the the gorgeous pictures! Interestingly when word first came out that they were adapting Nodame Cantabile into a drama, and rumours were flying that it would be screened in summer, Okada Junichi was lined up to star with Ueno Juri, and not Tamaki Hiroshi.

Can't wait to dig into episode 5!

So Chiaki is graduating ..... I hoped he crushed Saiko's hopes of reuniting. Are you following any other dramas this season Grifis?

In other news, the soundtrack for Nodame Cantabile has reached No.7 on the Oricon charts, the highest ranking for an album of classical music.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-22-06 at 09:57 AM.

It seems she pretty much gave up since that woman has a lot of pride from what I see. I can't wait to see how it'll turn out with the new members. I heard one of the three new guys will have a crush on Nodame (so Chiaki will have a rival). They don't look too bad.

This season I'm pretty focused on Nodame (and I'm only following a few anime titles on the side). I don't see any other interesting titles other than this one. Is there something good I'm missing?

As for the soundtrack, I like 'Spring' the most. It's a nice thing to draw the younger crowd into classical music.

I am only watching Nodame this season as well, the others just don't interest me much. Just a note, 14 sai no Haha (14 year old mother) is garnering alot of attention and managed to rake in higher ratings than Nodame for some episodes, might be worth checking out.

I am only up to episode 5 of the serial, haven't watch 6 yet, but from I can understand from the preview, S-Oke looks set to disband (NO NO NO NO!!!), I absolutely love their performance with Chiaki conducting, I want MORE!!

I am one of those people who after watching Nodame Cantabile got sucked into Classical music as well, I ordered Noadme Du Orchestra online and am currently waiting for its arrival. Indeed its great that a popular drama can get classical music idiots like me more interested.

I heard about 14 yrs old mother drama but it's not the theme that I'm interested in so I didn't bother checking it out. I did download the NC ost and it's great. I probably will wait to see if they'll include that with the boxset or something. My impulse is raging and I'm planning to collect a lot of NC stuff.

As for S-oke they're at the time of graduating so separation is inevitable. New characters were introduced in ep 6. I really can't wait to see how it'll play out in ep 7. The plot thickens.

Haha Grifis, well put. Nodame Cantabile is addictive on so many levels. I'm impatiently waiting for episode 7.

I've heard about 14-sai no Haha and how well balanced and developed the story and acting is but it didn't interest me when I tried watching the episode where Mirai Shida decides to keep her baby. And the others I managed to catch, Yakusha Damashii and Boku no Aruku Michi aren't quite my cup of tea. I found both rather boring and thought that Rie Tomosaka's drama Kimi ga Oshietekureta Koto (The Things You Taught Me) was a better portrayal of the problems an autistic person faces in a workplace and when interacting with others.

This fall's offering is probably the most dismal of all the seasons in 2006. So much so that I resorted to re-watching Top Caster in between waiting for the next Nodame Cantabile episode. Well, most of it at least. Top Caster isn't so bad after all. It's kinda cliche, the scoops aren't very riveting and there are annoying characters but it has many entertaining moments. I loved the scenes with Tanihara Shosuke and Yuki Amami. He's so business-like and serious with the others but always loses his cool and senses when she's around. Yes, Grifis they made a lovely pair. *sigh* I think I'm in love with Tanihara Shosuke. I love his voice - it's so rich and musical to the ears. Oh and his eyes (particularly when he smiles) and, of course, his irresistible smile! And there's this scene with Tamaki Hiroshi and Yada Akiko in the yakitoriya when Tamaki was put on indefinite leave for "hitting" the assistant of the fortune teller and how he kept grinning and telling her the omu-rice was umai that I just can't put out of my mind.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 11-24-06 at 02:30 AM.

jade, I have the same sentiments about Shosuke Tanihara. His smile is just beautiful especially when he smiles fully (which he rarely does.) And even with the slight smile (accompany with the warm voice), it kills me already. He will always has a place in my heart, dear dashing Shosuke that he is. In that clip with the archery game, oh my when Shosuke stepped out to shoot he looked so good I think my heart skipped a beat seeing his almost perfect physique. As for Tamaki he surprised me in a different way because it was like he had image change from his character in Top Caster to Chiaki in NC. It was same Tamaki but he totally represented two different guys. I like his character in Top Caster more though. He was like an average guy you can befriend.

sorry, I am quite lost..who's Shosuke Tanihara ?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    sorry, I am quite lost..who's Shosuke Tanihara ?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tanihara_Shosuke
    http://jdorama.com/artiste.1420.htm

He's an actor in another drama they're talking about (Top Caster).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tanihara_Shosuke
    http://jdorama.com/artiste.1420.htm

He's an actor in another drama they're talking about (Top Caster).
    I see..he's in Gokusen 2 in a somewhat minor role. so both he and Tamaki are dreamy?

jade, I have the same sentiments about Shosuke Tanihara. His smile is just beautiful especially when he smiles fully (which he rarely does.) And even with the slight smile (accompany with the warm voice), it kills me already. He will always has a place in my heart, dear dashing Shosuke that he is. In that clip with the archery game, oh my when Shosuke stepped out to shoot he looked so good I think my heart skipped a beat seeing his almost perfect physique.
    Indeed, I will always have a soft spot for him too. He has such a great physique. He's always been a B-lister but it's nice to see him get greater exposure and see his popularity rise, even though it has come a little late. He'll be acting in a bit part in NHK's next taiga, Fuurin Kazan, next year as Imagawa Yoshimoto, and there's word that he will star opposite Nakama Yukie in a Thursday drama slot next season. Then we'll get to see him in the archery game again! Haha. More Shosuke to gush over.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    so both he and Tamaki are dreamy?
    I don't know how Grifis would describe the two men. But I'd say quite divine, particularly Shosuke. And I can add quite a few more men to that list!!!

As for Tamaki he surprised me in a different way because it was like he had image change from his character in Top Caster to Chiaki in NC. It was same Tamaki but he totally represented two different guys. I like his character in Top Caster more though. He was like an average guy you can befriend.
    He has done a good job transitioning from one character to the other. Did you watch Last Christmas? He starred as Naoya, a designer who was deeply in love with Katase Nana's character, and had a rather cool, aloof image too, somewhat reminescent of Chiaki.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Indeed, I will always have a soft spot for him too. He has such a great physique. He's always been a B-lister but it's nice to see him get greater exposure and see his popularity rise, even though it has come a little late. He'll be acting in a bit part in NHK's next taiga, Fuurin Kazan, next year as Imagawa Yoshimoto, and there's word that he will star opposite Nakama Yukie in a Thursday drama slot next season. Then we'll get to see him in the archery game again! Haha. More Shosuke to gush over.
    I'm glad to see more of him too but it's too bad that he never gets to play main roles. As for Fuurin Kazan, is Gackt taking part of the cast or something? Well, I know I'll be watching for Shosuke for sure.

I don't know how Grifis would describe the two men. But I'd say quite divine, particularly Shosuke. And I can add quite a few more men to that list!!!
    For me, I would say Shosuke is the epitome of charm and Tamaki is the epitome of coolness. They possess a certain radiant charisma and charm, enough to make my heart go doki doki (or maybe I'm just blinded by rabu).

He has done a good job transitioning from one character to the other. Did you watch Last Christmas? He starred as Naoya, a designer who was deeply in love with Katase Nana's character, and had a rather cool, aloof image too, somewhat reminescent of Chiaki.
    I don't like the main guy so I didn't watch it. Tamaki probably didn't have much screen time anyways.