Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eragon

Default Eragon

Has anyone read the Inheritance series, Eragon or Eldest, it is about how a small farmboy found a dragongirl and it hatched later turning him into a dragon rider. No??Anyone?

Anyway they are coming out with a movie of it somwhere around the summer.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.elbakin.net/plume/xmedia/fantasy/news/eragon/poster_eragon.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.moviezine.se/filmbilder/023/eragon.jpg')
    From left to right (Eragon, some guy and Arya the elf)

I read the book....and I also want to see the movie to see if they can make the story as close as the book. Or maybe it'll be another HP's film...because the Eragon & Eldest are both pretty thick books, so they might cut a lot of story from the book

TommyH
    Unregistered

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.moviezine.se/filmbilder/023/eragon.jpg')
    [Eragon to the far left, Brom in the middle, and Arya the elf to the right]

I read Eragon but I found a lot of it was quite dull. The second book was even worst...I just wanted to flush it down the toilet!

That was a pretty good book. Eragon's cousin Rowan was pretty boring. In the second book, I was so tired of reading about him and Katrina that i eventually skipped entire chapters just to get on with it. Eragon looks cute. Who's the girl that plays Arya?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    That was a pretty good book. Eragon's cousin Rowan was pretty boring. In the second book, I was so tired of reading about him and Katrina that i eventually skipped entire chapters just to get on with it. Eragon looks cute. Who's the girl that plays Arya?
    Yeah I agree...the second book was borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! I hated Roran or Katrina chapters but there were so much of them. I also disliked Eragon parts because most of it was either of him dreaming or Arya or of him training with that old elf.

I actually like the second book because come on Rowan was able to beat up soldiers and the Ra'zac on his own with a freaking hammer. And the book got pretty interesting in the end at the battle of no man's land.

True the book did get boring at certain parts but it is still pretty good I just want to say how it turns out in the last book, Empire.
    If you started, you must finished.
    If you do it, you must give it all.

Who's the girl that plays Arya?
    Sienna Guillory.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449010/

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    I actually like the second book because come on Rowan was able to beat up soldiers and the Ra'zac on his own with a freaking hammer. And the book got pretty interesting in the end at the battle of no man's land.

True the book did get boring at certain parts but it is still pretty good I just want to say how it turns out in the last book, Empire.
    haha! some parts are worth reading but ehh...didn't really like it that much...but i'll read the last book anyways...

Yeah...first half of Eldest was pretty boring. It took long time for me to read it...but towards the end, it was getting better & it was funnier than the 1st book too.....and CP (the author) tried to twist the story a bit...unfortunately, I guessed most of it....except 1 twist.

I can't believe a kid well actually, a teenager wrote these books and they're actually popular enough to be made into a movie already?

Shoot,If I knew this was possible, I should of gone out and published some books back in high school and try my luck.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yeah....pretty impressive for a tennager like him to write something like these books...eventough a lot of people said he kinda copied LOTR style.

I don't care....as long as it's a good book and not too boring, then I'll read it.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I can't believe a kid well actually, a teenager wrote these books and they're actually popular enough to be made into a movie already?

Shoot,If I knew this was possible, I should of gone out and published some books back in high school and try my luck.
    SS I think his parents are publishers and that's why he could publish these books that easily...I don't think teens are allowed to publish books (no publishing company would help them).

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    Yeah....pretty impressive for a tennager like him to write something like these books...eventough a lot of people said he kinda copied LOTR style.

I don't care....as long as it's a good book and not too boring, then I'll read it.
    That's what I thought too. Almost everything that was in that book was in LOTR. Well, maybe that's why the book is so popular.
    In the second book, I hated how he wouldn't leave Arya alone. Couldn't he take a hint? It was annoying.

TommyH
    Unregistered

That's what I thought too. Almost everything that was in that book was in LOTR. Well, maybe that's why the book is so popular.
    In the second book, I hated how he wouldn't leave Arya alone. Couldn't he take a hint? It was annoying.
    well he liked her...what do you expect? i wonder if they'll end up kissing and hugging eachother in the 3rd book...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    well he liked her...what do you expect? i wonder if they'll end up kissing and hugging eachother in the 3rd book...
    It's been a while since I last read the book but I think that she already rejected him once or he already knew that she didn't like him.

Actually, Arya did have feelings for Eragon but couldn't express it because her duty and Eragon's got in the way. And plus she was like 90 years older than him even though she look just as young and don't forget about Angela's prophecy about how eragon would have an epic love with somebody royal.

In the last book, I just want to see how he kills the Ra'zac and follow thw werecat's instuction in getting the weapon under the Menoa Tree and going to the Rock of Kuthian.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    Actually, Arya did have feelings for Eragon but couldn't express it because her duty and Eragon's got in the way. And plus she was like 90 years older than him even though she look just as young and don't forget about Angela's prophecy about how eragon would have an epic love with somebody royal.

In the last book, I just want to see how he kills the Ra'zac and follow thw werecat's instuction in getting the weapon under the Menoa Tree and going to the Rock of Kuthian.
    yeah I remember that. I guess everyone who read the book would know that he was gonna be in love with Arya.

Instead of talking about the book lets discuss the upcoming movie. So who is actually going to see it after they read the novel?

Heelo is there no one that is excited about this movie?...........................................

................................I guess no.