View Poll Results: Overall, who do you like more?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Little Dragon Girl

24 31.17%
  • White Haired Maiden

38 49.35%
  • Tie!!!

4 5.19%
  • I can't decide - Don't know who White Haired Maiden is...

11 14.29%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LYS's White Haired Maiden or JY's Little Dragon Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    LawL!!
    Not posts like 'OMG LYF so angelically pretty... my idol from the heavens let me kowtow to you 1000 times"
    Hmm, are you talking about Jimmy Lin?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    those diehard, obsessive fans have got to differentiate from voting their fav actress for XLN and the character itself...man...i hope they wont ruin the poll like the World Cup Actress whatever poll months before....i bet most of them dont even know who the heck is White Haired Maiden...
    Exactly, that is why I added the 4th option for those who take the poll seriously and not just flat out vote for Little Dragon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Hmm, are you talking about Jimmy Lin?
    Yer he fits in that widely available category

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Exactly, that is why I added the 4th option for those who take the poll seriously and not just flat out vote for Little Dragon Girl.
    do you really think theyre going to be honest if they want XLN to win the poll? theyd just hit the XLN choice without even thinking who YLC really is....its really hard to control polls like this...but on the bright side, i dont think LYF/Carman's fans frequent the wuxia section....good thing you put White Haired Maiden before XLN, or they might have joined the thread out of curiousity what this poll is about, since it involves XLN....and later rig the poll...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    do you really think theyre going to be honest if they want XLN to win the poll? theyd just hit the XLN choice without even thinking who YLC really is....its really hard to control polls like this...but on the bright side, i dont think LYF/Carman's fans frequent the wuxia section....good thing you put White Haired Maiden before XLN, or they might have joined the thread out of curiousity what this poll is about, since it involves XLN....and later rig the poll...
    Haha its so funny how haters like you keep on saying bs things about YG/XLN fans. I'm losing hope trying to make you guys believe that there are fans like me who aren't biased about things. Aren't you guys the ones who are biased? Some of you voted for WHM just because you hate XLN and didn't compare them carefully. Think carefully before you speak your mind, there are many of us roch fans who are offended because of how little you think of us. FYI, I voted #4, you can ask a mod or admin to verify.

Actually Bangs, the way JY wrote the XLN character pretty much made XLN a walking zombie, regardless of which actress played her.

WHM is full of passion with her lover, full of hurt when he refused to believe in her time after time. Her story is that of pain and suffering for loving a useless wimp.

Try and get hold of Lin Chin Hsia/Leslie Cheung's movie 1&2 set of the WHM. It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Actually Bangs, the way JY wrote the XLN character pretty much made XLN a walking zombie, regardless of which actress played her.

WHM is full of passion with her lover, full of hurt when he refused to believe in her time after time. Her story is that of pain and suffering for loving a useless wimp.

Try and get hold of Lin Chin Hsia/Leslie Cheung's movie 1&2 set of the WHM. It's very good.
    Yes, in fact I am pretty much interested in other wuxia characters aside from the trilogy ones. It just irks me everytime YG/XLN is mentioned, there's always this sarcastic comment about how their fans are so die hard and unreasonable when in fact there are quite a number of us who aren't.

I love the White Hair Maiden, my vote goes for her. I read the book like when I was 15 and saw the Brigitte Lin-Leslie Cheung movie version, It was great.
    I pretty much never quite like XLN character, perhaps I'm just into more extrovert/ unpredictable/ exciting type of character, though I do admire XLN's martial art and beauty, but that's about it. Hmmm, I think I'd even choose Yao Yue (like 1st stated at the beginning of the thread) over XLN, but that's just me.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    It just irks me everytime YG/XLN is mentioned, there's always this sarcastic comment about how their fans are so die hard and unreasonable when in fact there are quite a number of us who aren't.
    There are about a dozen things I'd like to say about that, but since it would be unbecoming of a moderator to bait posters, I'll just swallow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    There are about a dozen things I'd like to say about that, but since it would be unbecoming of a moderator to bait posters, I'll just swallow them.
    I'm not saying that it is entirely false, all I'm asking for is a little respect for those who aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Yu Luo Cha's problem is she loved the wrong man, thus LDG's better.

I really can't stomach the hero thus I can't stomach a girl who could stomach that hero.

LDG would have been at the mercy of the man she had fallen in love with, even if he was a rapist. The difference here is that LDG was lucky and found the right guy whist WHM was not

i vote for "tie" because i am in love with both chicks.

I haven't voted yet,

I love Crystal Liu Yi Fei as Xiao Long Nu.
    I love Brigitte Lin as Lien Ni-Chang.

I have Faerie Queene's translation of "Legend of the White-Haired Demoness", but haven't read it yet. I'll start reading it once Foxs has done a few more chapters in completing from where Faerie Queene left off in 2005.

From the comments... I have a feeling that Lien Ni-Chang is a more complete character than Xiao Long Nu.

I'm a sucker for naive innocence, so I might pick Xiao Long Nu. But I also like both the cousins Lu Wu Shuang & Cheng Ying.

I might just make a "Huang Yi" choice and choose all four.
    Xiao Long Nu, Lien Ni-Chang, Lu Wu Shuang & Cheng Ying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    I love Crystal Liu Yi Fei as Xiao Long Nu.
    I love Brigitte Lin as Lien Ni-Chang.
    I thought we're voting for the character of XLN or WHM. What do these actresses have to do with them? When voting for characters, shouldn't we based it on the novel b/c these actresses may or may not portray the characters to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I thought we're voting for the character of XLN or WHM. What do these actresses have to do with them? When voting for characters, shouldn't we based it on the novel b/c these actresses may or may not portray the characters to the fullest.
    I loved seeing those actresses as the two characters. I haven't voted because I want to base my vote on the novels... and I'm still waiting for translation of "WHM" be a little further along before reading it.

Just a roundabout way of saying that I know both characters, but reliance on a movie adaptation of a long Wuxia novel is an unreliable way to "know" a character.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    Im much more fond of White Haired Maiden....i mean, she knows what she wants and goes for it to the fullest. At least she's more human than the bland Xiao Long Nu...
    Agree.
    I just voted for WHM even though she is not as popular. However, I hate her lover. He is a wimp that doesn't deserve her love at all.

If we're voting for kickass female heroines, then it's gotta be Ah Qing all the way!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    If we're voting for kickass female heroines, then it's gotta be Ah Qing all the way!
    Ah Qing is from which book?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    Ah Qing is from which book?
    Sword of the Yue Maiden.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Sword of the Yue Maiden.
    Thanks,

It's only a short story & I have it from "Wuxiapedia", but I havent' read it it.
    I guess I'll have to read it this weekend.

EDIT:
    Read it.
    Ah Qing definitely kicks a**. Even two thousand elite soldiers can't stop her. However, it's difficult to compare "liking" her to the two female characters of this poll. We only have a few paragraphs and passages to get to know her. She is barely better known than Dugu Quilai... who never appeared in person in any of Jin-Yong's novels.
    BTW, is the "Yueh Maiden Sword" taught to Guo Jing by his 7th master supposed to be the remnants/distillation of techniques the Yueh swordmen learned from their bouts with Ah Qing?
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 10-18-09 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Comments after reading the short story.