Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

I'm watching Change, Around 40, Pandora and I'm quite addicted to Around 40.

Oh and I'm also catching Koi no Chikara for the 5th time.

I'm watching 4 Shimai Tantei Dan and its really blah not good. It's so formulaic with her "Cased solved" corniness. The murderer always explains the whole murder plan before he/she is caught and case is solved.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm watching and its really blah not good. It's so formulaic with her "Cased solved" corniness. The murderer always explains the whole murder plan before he/she is caught and case is solved.
    Yep, that's one of the worst series last season, or possibly ever. I gave up after 2 episodes. I would also recommend that you avoid Kimi Hannin Janai yo ne?.

This season I'm watching Last Friends, Puzzle 2008, Around 40, Pandora and CHANGE. I stopped watching Ryokiteki na Kanojo after two episodes. Ugh.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I finished Zettai Kareshi last weekend, can't say I like it. It's a bit draggy in the last 3 episodes, maybe because I like Riika-Soshi more than Riika-Night. But the ending is satisfactory for me.

I heard Change was very good and Last Friend not as good as ppl expect. I look forward for Maou, start airing last weekend...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I'm currently watching Change and planning to watch Gonzo and Tomorrow from the new summer season. I might give Maou a shot too.

Of the spring season dramas I think Pandora was the best in terms of story and acting (most of the cast at least). I did enjoy Fujiki Naohito's portrayal of a psychologist passionate in his work and about the environment in Around 40. It was a very endearing and memorable character. Change has been very spotty and I don't like the mix of slapstick or bland humour with the serious theme. It doesn't sit well with me. The acting isn't good on all quarters too and many of the characters don't have much screen time. Not one of the best Getsu9 dramas to come out. But anyway, most of the Getsu9 dramas of recent memory have been rather unremarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    I'm currently watching Change and planning to watch Gonzo and Tomorrow from the new summer season. I might give Maou a shot too.

Of the spring season dramas I think Pandora was the best in terms of story and acting (most of the cast at least). I did enjoy Fujiki Naohito's portrayal of a psychologist passionate in his work and about the environment in Around 40. It was a very endearing and memorable character. Change has been very spotty and I don't like the mix of slapstick or bland humour with the serious theme. It doesn't sit well with me. The acting isn't good on all quarters too and many of the characters don't have much screen time. Not one of the best Getsu9 dramas to come out. But anyway, most of the Getsu9 dramas of recent memory have been rather unremarkable.

I tried to watch Maou without the subtitles but I think I need subs.

I got to see the first 15 minutes of Code Blue, Yamapi new dorama, with Aragaki Yui and Erika Toda, is quite interesting and intense, maybe I will end up watching this too. I'm afraid Yamapi's acting will similar with Kurosagi, a cool type character. We'll see.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I got to see the first 15 minutes of Code Blue, Yamapi new dorama, with Aragaki Yui and Erika Toda, is quite interesting and intense, maybe I will end up watching this too. I'm afraid Yamapi's acting will similar with Kurosagi, a cool type character. We'll see.
    I have seen episode 1 of Code blue a few times by now. I feel that there wasn't much acting required on Yamapi's part. At times, I can't even feel his kakoii-ness but maybe I am expecting too much. I always expect a lot from Pi's dramas for some reason and have to learn to moderate my expectations in the process.

with first episode, I feel that yamapi has under-acted..can't really feel his character yet and the focus was also more on gakky's character for the first episode.

But that said, I'll still chase this drama, for Pi's sake.

Maou's theme song 'Truth' by Arashi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DsOALPU-R9E

I just started Code Blue and am not too impressed so far. Other dramas of interest this season include Kansahojin, Maou, Tomorrow and 33-pun Tantei, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching them.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I just started Code Blue and am not too impressed so far. Other dramas of interest this season include Kansahojin, Maou, Tomorrow and 33-pun Tantei, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching them.
    Ohno's staring a little too much in maou..lol

Watching CHANGE and Tomorrow.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Gonna start watching Regatta.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

I'm still watching Tomorrow and Gonzo but am quite tempted to drop the former. It's so reminiscent of Iryu.

Gonzo is absolutely riveting. One of the unexpected gems of the season. I hope the quality keeps up!

So i never started Regatta. I did a couple of weeks back but never continued. But now i'm hooked on Itazura na Kiss. I think i like Sato Aiko as the main character more than Ariel Lin in the TW version. Aiko is so cute in this series especially with her big ears. Hehe.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Any recommedations for something fun to watch? Anything that has comedy, romance, thriller, mystery or presents the story uniquely and intriguingly?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Any recommedations for something fun to watch? Anything that has comedy, romance, thriller, mystery or presents the story uniquely and intriguingly?

I am watching Gokusen 3. I like it better than part 1 and 2 becasue of the fresh cast, esp Miura Haruma's Kazama Ren. I think he's very good as dilinquent Ren.

Perhaps you can consider watching 33-pun Tantei....I think it could be good?

Code Blue is losing its foucs in epi 4...not sure where the story's heading for now....and Maou is kind of too intense.

I am also watching Last friends from last season..catching up on last season's dramas....have stoppned since Epsiode 2..

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I am watching Gokusen 3. I like it better than part 1 and 2 becasue of the fresh cast, esp Miura Haruma's Kazama Ren. I think he's very good as dilinquent Ren.

Perhaps you can consider watching 33-pun Tantei....I think it could be good?

Code Blue is losing its foucs in epi 4...not sure where the story's heading for now....and Maou is kind of too intense.

I am also watching Last friends from last season..catching up on last season's dramas....have stoppned since Epsiode 2..
    I don't know. I've completely lost faith on Gokusen. I liked it, at first, but it became repetitive.

Maybe I should watch Iryu 2, I've been putting that off for a while. Is there any romance j-drama? I kinda want to explore that genre with J-dramas. I can't seem to find one likeable. Aside from Zettai Kareshi, Hotaru no Hikari, and stuff.

I guess the reason why I'm in the mood for romantic dramas esp Japanese ones is because I've always watched human drama and criminal thriller, mystery types, but not a lot of romance drama. A slice of comedy would be good too.

I don't know. I've completely lost faith on Gokusen. I liked it, at first, but it became repetitive.

Maybe I should watch Iryu 2, I've been putting that off for a while. Is there any romance j-drama? I kinda want to explore that genre with J-dramas. I can't seem to find one likeable. Aside from Zettai Kareshi, Hotaru no Hikari, and stuff.

I guess the reason why I'm in the mood for romantic dramas esp Japanese ones is because I've always watched human drama and criminal thriller, mystery types, but not a lot of romance drama. A slice of comedy would be good too.
    I have been putting off watching Iryu 2 too....romantic dramas? maybe you want to watch Koizora...its a movie though...kind of sad but touching.

I would think 33-pun Tantei when it starts airing would be pretty good comedy.

Strawberry,

I think I'll watch Lunch Queen. Yeah, I think I'm one of the few people who've not watched it yet. And Eita is in this drama so that's a plus!