Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I think I need to rewatch both in order to juxtapose the strengths and weaknesses of each version. I'll post up a comparison after I'm done with final exams, okay?
    sure...take your time..

Hisashiburi...

I'm currently watching Ryuusei no Kizuna and Last Friend. I think Last Friend will be watch with hiccups since I hate DV. Ryuusei is good, very good.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Should anyone remember the good old (considerably) J-dramas, which I personally like very much:-

Kindaichi shounen no jikenbo - starring Tsuyoshi Domoto

IMO, he brings the character of Hajime to life and has a (silly) style of his own.

I like the detective style of story, and the laidback underachiever appearance of Hajime that reminds me of myself

Power Office Girls - starring Esumi Makiko

What can I say? The fighting of wits and exchanging of sacastic remarks among the office ladies are too funny!

Shotgun Marriage - starring Yutaka Takenouchi

Heaven's Coin 1 & 2 - starring Noriko Sakai

Beauty or Beast - starring Masushima Nanako and the guy who acted as the second elder brother in Under the Same Roof series (forgot the name)

Realistic love story!

Under the Same Roof 1 & 2 - starring Noriko Sakai and the guy who acted as the second elder brother (forgot the name)

The family spirit is unforgetable and sends warmth to the heart. The love story is kinda of ....too amazing. >_<

I watch the above from time to time, whenever time permits. So, yeah, I'm watching them.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 12-11-08 at 12:47 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I am currently watching INNOCENT LOVE starting Horikita Maki & Kitagawa Yuujin this drama very good so far. Both have good chemistry.
    LINGY

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Should anyone remember the good old (considerably) J-dramas, which I personally like very much:-

Kindaichi shounen no jikenbo - starring Tsuyoshi Domoto

IMO, he brings the character of Hajime to life and has a (silly) style of his own.

I like the detective style of story, and the laidback underachiever appearance of Hajime that reminds me of myself
    I like Domoto Tsuyoshi's Kindaichi as well, he's pretty cool.

Started ep 1 of Around 40, Satoko seems pretty cool (and clueless), lol. Waiting for more of Fujiki!
    玉木宏

blog

Gonna start on Yukan Club.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

I'm watching Hissatsu Shigotonin 2007 drama special. It's entertaining.

I just like watching the good guys go after the baddies.

Thumbs up

I'm watching film Conan movie and Sailormoon. The story is very good. the actor and actress's acting is very interesting and good. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Gonna start on Yukan Club.
    I feel sorry for you. But you probably really like one of the leads.

My fave this season is Ryuusei no Kizuna. I thought that it was a good mix of the murder mystery aspect and akasagi. My interest in Toda didn't hurt either

Innocent Love is pretty nice. It's very much a Horikita Maki vehicle. It's a pretty nice forbidden love story. But it's a little heavy, so I prefer RnK

Oh! My Girl was kind of fun. But I REALLY dislike Hayami Mokomichi. most of the dramas I don't finish have him in it.

Celeb to Binbo Taro is okay. but the chemistry between the leads is weak. Watch if you're an Aya Ueto fan.

Finished Room of Kings, it's rather whimsical, but perhaps too much so for my taste. Didn't have enough character hook to keep me interested. Lots of "unique" characters, but I didn't care about them.

Salaryman Kintaro is the standard gangster turned good formula. Not hard to watch, but nothing special either

Nanase Futatabi has an interesting manga-esque premise. But the execution is weak. Nanase's lead is really pretty though, but shockingly young. I would have pegged her at 25, but she's just 17.

Team Batista no Eiko is kind of weak because it takes a few done to death genre and does them again...

Similarly, Scrap Teacher is quite boring. You have to really love the Johny juniors.

Giragira, do we really need a guy version of Juoh? The execution was okay, but nothing new.

Shoni Kyumei is going to be a challenge to finish. It's a drama about parenting. No hook for me...

OL Nippon, sappy workplace ganbatte drama. I'm so over Arisa Mizuki, I hate the kind of roles that she does now. There is no depth. She represents in most of the remaining dramas I can't finish.

Bloody Monday is a stretch for me. It's about this young hacker involved in a terrorist conspiracy. But the hacker is quite lame... As a programmer, it's kind of a deal breaker.

SCANDAL is obasan drama of the season. As a story, it's not bad, just an obasan drama.

----

I haven't made up my mind yet about Kaze no Garden, only watched three eps. But I think that it moves WAY too slow. Each episode feels like a part of the story and not as self contained. I'll watch it all together

Quote Originally Posted by auroragb View Post
    I feel sorry for you. But you probably really like one of the leads.
    Eh, it's just a series i had helped upload a long time ago. Just never got around to watching it. It's just for entertainment purposes. Obviously nothing mind shattering.
    I <3 MatsuJun

currently watching: Innocent Love, Akai Ito and Ryuusei no Kizuna.

Innocent Love- i watching this mainly coz it has the same writer as LF, and having Maki in it, but then, it falls short compared to LF. Maki does okay for her part, although sometimes i think her smile or contentment looks a bit awkward at times and forced. But the other lead guy's smile wins the award for the MOST AWKWARD smile of all. too forced. But he's new so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Akai Ito- not bad for newcomers, and up till two episodes, it's getting interesting.

Ryuusei- I like Ryo's transformation into a more cheerful, quirky, and funny guy who speaks like a bullet train. I like the comedy as well as the mystery part of it.

I'm watching Mendol, Hataraki Man , Oh My Girl! and Pretty Girls (with the main actor from Glass No Kamen J-drama).
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm currently following Innocent Love, Akai Ito and Celeb to Binbo Taro. Loving all of it but I'm losing CtBT cause it's been getting damn boring...

Currently watching Binbo Danshi.
    I <3 MatsuJun

I'm currently watching Team Batista no Eiko and it's not that great. I just wanna know who the real murderer is.

I watched the first episode of Shoni Kyumei and lost interest in it.

I finished Ryusei no Kizuna, which is probably the best drama of the season. Will probably also give Bloody Monday a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I'm currently watching Team Batista no Eiko and it's not that great. I just wanna know who the real murderer is.
    Try catching the movie version if you haven't. It's much better since it is condensed...And well, I adore Abe Hiroshi.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Try catching the movie version if you haven't. It's much better since it is condensed...And well, I adore Abe Hiroshi.
    I think I will. The TV series drags things on too long to the point that I'm close to losing interest and yet considering how I've already invested x hours of my life in this thing, I kinda have to finish it to find out the identity of the criminal mastermind. And you'd think the characters would be better developed in a TV series version, but I really don't find any of them appealing. The cast of the film version seems better too. How does Ito Atsushi manage to score lead role after lead role?

I think I will. The TV series drags things on too long to the point that I'm close to losing interest and yet considering how I've already invested x hours of my life in this thing, I kinda have to finish it to find out the identity of the criminal mastermind. And you'd think the characters would be better developed in a TV series version, but I really don't find any of them appealing. The cast of the film version seems better too. How does Ito Atsushi manage to score lead role after lead role?
    I know what you mean about wanting to finish to find out what lies at the end after having invested so many hours.

I didn't watch more than 15 mins of the drama so I must ask, does the entire series just revolve around discovering why the patients died on the operating table? I watched the movie version first and I couldn't fathom why they should adapt the story into a drama. The casting choices also turned me off. Why Ito Atsushi? I haven't the faintest idea. It's just like why I wonder how people like Fukuda Kyoko, etc keep landing significant roles in dramas (I shan't start ranting!). Moreover, I didn't think anyone could measure up to Abe Hiroshi's slightly over-the-top yet endearing portrayal of the obnoxious, sleuthing Health Ministry official.

The movie isn't top rate because it is in some ways typical of productions of the medical genre but it is engaging. Takeuchi Yuko's character was rather placid and boring though sometimes a tough nut to crack. I would reckon that she had a more layered personality than Ito Atsushi's Taguchi.

There's going to be a movie sequel this year. I hope that doesn't translate to another drama since Team Batista did notch decent tv ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    I didn't watch more than 15 mins of the drama so I must ask, does the entire series just revolve around discovering why the patients died on the operating table? I watched the movie version first and I couldn't fathom why they should adapt the story into a drama. The casting choices also turned me off. Why Ito Atsushi? I haven't the faintest idea. It's just like why I wonder how people like Fukuda Kyoko, etc keep landing significant roles in dramas (I shan't start ranting!). Moreover, I didn't think anyone could measure up to Abe Hiroshi's slightly over-the-top yet endearing portrayal of the obnoxious, sleuthing Health Ministry official.
    Yep, the series basically revolves around the two contrasting personalities of Taguchi and Shiratori trying to figure out who's behind the surgical deaths, how they were committed and why. Suspicions are raised about every member of the Batista team and their possible motives are dragged on. One of the murderers is revealed in episode 6, but lo and behold there's an even bigger conspirator on the loose. I actually do like Nakamura Toru, but it wouldn't hurt if he were a little less obnoxious and a little more endearing in here.

Fukuda Kyoko can at least be considered eyecandy for some. Ito Atsushi on the other hand...

Do you think the first movie left an opening for a decent sequel?

Yep, the series basically revolves around the two contrasting personalities of Taguchi and Shiratori trying to figure out who's behind the surgical deaths, how they were committed and why. Suspicions are raised about every member of the Batista team and their possible motives are dragged on. One of the murderers is revealed in episode 6, but lo and behold there's an even bigger conspirator on the loose. I actually do like Nakamura Toru, but it wouldn't hurt if he were a little less obnoxious and a little more endearing in here.

Fukuda Kyoko can at least be considered eyecandy for some. Ito Atsushi on the other hand...

Do you think the first movie left an opening for a decent sequel?
    It sounds downright like a sleeper! Geez.

Well, if there's drama sequel, you can expect Ito Atsushi to appear again. God forbid! He's best described as earnest? That's the nicest adjective I can think of.

The sequel is called General Rouge no Gaisen (http://www.general-rouge.jp/) and adapted from a different book in the Team Batista series (but there might be some connection between the two stories). This time the setting is in the ER and the sleuthing duo of Taguchi and Shiratori are back when the head of the emergency medical centre is accused of colluding with a medical manufacturer, and the manufacturer's branch manager is found to have committed suicided in the hospital's premises.

Hopefully it is better than the original movie.