Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Orange Days,this is rather a nice story.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    ah Kisaragi! I love it! I don't have any expectation while watching this, but it turn out good, I recommend it to my friend and he likes it too! It reminds me with 12 Angry Man, Hollywood movie, the older version was better though.
    Totally agree on the 12 Angry Men (1957) comparison. I love that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I recently catching up alot of Jmovie too, in the last week or so I watched Happy Flight, Yama no Anata, Cobalt Blue, Aoi Tori and Cyborg Girl.

Aoi Tori is the best from the list above and Cobalt Blue and Yama no Anata tight up as the worse, btw, sorry if I'm not supposed to discuss movies in here, because it suppose for drama only? hehehehhee...

anyhow, holiday is good, when I can catch up watching movies/dorama.
    No worries. It's not saying much, but this part of the forum probably has the most exposure to and therefore appreciation for Japanese films. I've been wanting to watch Aoi Tori, so I'm glad to read that you liked it. Anything with Abe Hiroshi in it is worth a try. I also want to watch Climber's High, which I've heard good things about.

Back to dramas - I'm currently watching Sky High and reading the manga too. In the drama it feels like Izuko tries to push people toward the path of revenge whereas in the manga, she tries to convince them to take the high road.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-07-10 at 10:36 PM.

OMG! I didn't know they made a live action drama of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge! Not that I'm really a fan of the anime/manga, but wow, it came to me as a surprise that it was made into a j-drama.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-27-10 at 12:07 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    OMG! I didn't know they made a live action drama of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge! Not that I'm really a fan of the anime/manga, but wow, it came to me as a surprise that it was made into a j-drama.
    How awkward. I watched like two episodes of this one and well, some animes/mangas is just better off as anime/manga. This one just doesn't work well as a live action drama. Well...moving on...need to find another drama to watch.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

How awkward. I watched like two episodes of this one and well, some animes/mangas is just better off as anime/manga. This one just doesn't work well as a live action drama. Well...moving on...need to find another drama to watch.
    I actually give this a pass when I heard who they cast on the dorama very biased. I never tried to even watch it, oh I did see a preview but stick to my decision not to be bother with it.

I'm currently re-watch Matsu Takako / Takuya Kimura dorama, because I like watch Matsu in Yakusha Damashii. I'm on Love Generation now after finishing the set of Hero dorama/SP/movie. I haven't try any of the new season, maybe Code Blue 2. anyone can give recommend any good drama from this season?

Has anyone see Rookies - Satsugyo? it's the movie of Rookies, still over acting, but I got a warm feeling watching these kids (with adult faces) fighting to go to Koshien. Very nice! Sato Ryuta character is really fit him
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

With this being such an unappealing season, I've been watching older dramas like Atsu-hime and Koto's Clinic 2006. Atsu-hime is quite good; I especially like the interactions between Atsu-hime and Iesada - there aren't nearly enough! I also like Naogoro in here. Koto's Clinic 2006 continues from the first installment - it feels kind of nice to "revisit" the island and its people again.

I'm watching Kimitachi ni Asu wa Nai from this season. I decided to give it a shot since WM Penn of Yomiuri's Televiews remarked that it is one of the few dramas that are worth watching. The first episode was not bad, entertaining and realistic. It's sort of an office drama but portrays the world of a consultant for a company that restructures its clients i.e. make their employees redundant. Sakaguchi Kenji has not been a very strong actor so he's not good at nuances but I guess it makes light entertainment albeit slightly predictable because I think I can see where his character is headed already. I'd watch it over Kanno Miho's OL drama. Why is she doing so many anyway? It's so pedestrian.

Digging into older dramas is definitely the way to go. I think I'll catch Hagetaka next.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 01-30-10 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    I'm watching Kimitachi ni Asu wa Nai from this season. I decided to give it a shot since WM Penn of Yomiuri's Televiews remarked that it is one of the few dramas that are worth watching. The first episode was not bad, entertaining and realistic. It's sort of an office drama but portrays the world of a consultant for a company that restructures its clients i.e. make their employees redundant. Sakaguchi Kenji has not been a very strong actor so he's not good at nuances but I guess it makes light entertainment albeit slightly predictable because I think I can see where his character is headed already. I'd watch it over Kanno Miho's OL drama. Why is she doing so many anyway? It's so pedestrian.

Digging into older dramas is definitely the way to go. I think I'll catch Hagetaka next.
    Who exactly is WM Penn anyway? A fan who watches all the Japanese dramas, a professional reviewer, or...? Just curious.

I noticed that you're subbing Soratobu Taiya, jade. Thanks for your hard work! Your group has a sharp eye for quality, yet underrated dramas.

I've started watching Code Blue 2. I'm glad they've devoted some screen time to explaining and developing the relationship between Saejima and Tazawa. Although somewhat understandable, her attitude toward him in season 1 really bothered me. I didn't want her to have regrets.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    What's unrealistic is how Tazawa lands in the hospital requiring intubation so soon after he signs the DNR papers. They should have waited until later on in the show instead of making it feel like they're trying to get this storyline over with. Tachibana-sensei is such an arse. No wonder Mitsui-sensei divorced him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Who exactly is WM Penn anyway? A fan who watches all the Japanese dramas, a professional reviewer, or...? Just curious.

I noticed that you're subbing Soratobu Taiya, jade. Thanks for your hard work! Your group has a sharp eye for quality, yet underrated dramas.

I've started watching Code Blue 2. I'm glad they've devoted some screen time to explaining and developing the relationship between Saejima and Tazawa. Although somewhat understandable, her attitude toward him in season 1 really bothered me. I didn't want her to have regrets.
    What's unrealistic is how Tazawa lands in the hospital requiring intubation so soon after he signs the DNR papers. They should have waited until later on in the show instead of making it feel like they're trying to get this storyline over with. Tachibana-sensei is such an arse. No wonder Mitsui-sensei divorced him.
    I reckon she's a paid reviewer. I trust her judgement most times although it's off some seasons. Also started watching Shukumei which seems quite good. It has an interesting though rather apparent storyline in the first three episodes. Curious to know where it leads. It's better than Yako no Kaidan or Scandal in my opinion.

Thank you! We like sharing dramas that we think deserve attention. The underrated ones that we enjoy very much because subbing is a lot of work. We must really like what we do. Soratobu Taiya is my pick for best drama of 2009. It's so darned tense and engrossing with good acting all round. After watching that, WOWOW's followup drama Inpei Shirei was a big letdown.

I'm watching Untouchable. I am curious what were they eating in an early part in Episode 2? It's like a green looking thing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm watching it too, but I can't recall the scene. I'll see it later. I'll wait to watch it again until I got the last 3 episodes

Anyone watching Code Blue 2? I have to say I like it (it surprise me that I've enjoy Yamapi's drama more now) It give me the same vibes when I was watching ER, maybe even better because I like the japanese actors/actresses better and as a bonus they have Shiina Kippei! I like him ever since watching Rain Fall... Yamapi's acting is slightly improve and also Aragaki Yui is less annoying. The girl that play Saejima is the best! I like her when she's opening the surgery tool on the site.

Also when Aizawa open his jacket arm looks so cool, how come when Fujikawa did it, it looks ordinary? must be the power of Johnny.. hahahahahahahah..

But I really enjoy Code Blue 2 so far, at least up to ep 2 and the preview of ep 3 looks like a promising case I love ER kind of story
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Here's what I'm talking about...I've taken a screenshot of it. It seems like a thick green, putty-like thing...too bad I can't read Japanese.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i48.tinypic.com/10d6vy8.jpg')

looks like mash avocado? not sure... maybe jade_frost can help?

I'm watching Koi no chikara atm, and jade_frost is the translator for BON! wuah, thanks alot jade_frost because of itsumo futari de, I want to see more Kenji Sakaguchi and this how I end up with KnC .. thank you to your team for subbing it. I rarely had a chance to say thank you directly to the subber, most of the time the uploader and fansub is not the same party.

yay!! for older dorama
    Last edited by eeyore; 02-03-10 at 10:52 PM.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Here's what I'm talking about...I've taken a screenshot of it. It seems like a thick green, putty-like thing...too bad I can't read Japanese.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i48.tinypic.com/10d6vy8.jpg')
    I think it's soybean mochi from Yamagata.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-03-10 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I think it's soybean mochi from Yamagata.
    Thanks, I wonder if it tastes good.

Anyway, just finished Untouchable episode 2 and well it is getting more interesting. Some kind of conspiracy mystery.

Anyway, just finished Untouchable episode 2 and well it is getting more interesting. Some kind of conspiracy mystery.
    untouchable definitely got more interesting as the story progresses. it almost started to feel like a thriller towards the end.

Just started watching Buzzer Beat.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

im watching some chickflick entitled 'koishite akuma'.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I've started watching Magerarenai Onna, in which Kanno Miho plays another strange character. She seems to win awards for these portrayals (and she is good at them), so maybe that's why she's been taking them on one after another. The other main characters in the show don't make or have much sense either, so everything fits together well...or not so well.
    Why does Masato like Saki or date her for 10 years or omg propose to her when it's obvious he's at the very bottom of her priority list? Why does Mitsuteru have so much time on his hands as a police officer? I seriously thought he was a wedding planner at first. Why did the troublesome trio have to sneak Saki's mother out of the hospital when she could have just left on her own accord AMA? I'm sure I'll have more rhetorical questions as the show progresses - if I'm able to stomach any more of it.

Just finished Koi no Chikara, the story is ok, I've seen Tsutsumi Shinichi did a silly role in Lunch no Ojouu, but in here, he's not exactly silly, but his image in my mind was his role in SP, although he's been alot of different character role.

I totally enjoy Code Blue 2, very good. Still trying to finishing Love Generation and Itsumo futari(re-watch) and Tomorrow.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.