Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by bach_ngoc17 View Post
    Finish Gokusen 3, although all 3 are exactly the same, I really like the JE in it. Both 2 and 3 had really good insert songs. Kind of weird watching people like Takaki Yuya though, born in the 90's.
    Definitely all very similar but it's always nice to see the different camaraderie in each season. And i totally agree. I really like the insert songs in the last two seasons, Kame's Kizuna and Yuya's Oretachi no Seishun. They were a nice touch. I don't remember if the first season had an insert song.

In addition to watching Gokusen 3, i'm also watching Hana Kimi.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

hachi-one diver.

cant resist when the cover pic was a cosplay-maid-outfit cute girl.

Recently, watch the movie of the year for me... Kurosagi Movie...the movie on the whole wasn't too bad..I thought it was pretty good to some extent...Yamapi's acting wasn't half bad but he can be quite stiff and corny at times....the emotional scenes were well-handled...I think that's Pi's forte..but for yamapi fans..who cares how the movie is as he is amazingly good-looking on the big screen...

I was a bit hesitant on watching Seigi no Mikata, but after watching a few episodes, it's a really fun show. I like it. Currently on episode 6, Makiko treats Youko like a servant always including her in her schemes and making her sister do the dirty work.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Just recently started watching the tv series version of Koizora.
    I <3 MatsuJun

On and off, watching Galileo. It was a bit hard to see Fukuyama Masaharu as a genius physicist, but he grows on you. And I like the kooky Shibasaki Kou as Utsumi.
    玉木宏

blog

Just finished watching the movie, Boku no Kanojo wa Cyborg or Cyborg She, which is inspiring me to watch something else with Ayase Haruka. So i'm gonna start on Tatta Hitotsu no Koi.
    I <3 MatsuJun

OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't wait to watch Innocent Love! It has Horikita Maki in it! Plus some hot guys I've seen in other j-dramas that I can't recall right now.

Its from the same people that made Last Friends cuz I think the OP style is similar with the words as representations of the characters feelings or so. Plus it has Utada Hikaru singing the OP song again.

Opening clip -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScDb2I30SCQ

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm now watching Puzzle 2008.
    I <3 MatsuJun

I am Watching Maou...its turning out to be excellent...found a aweosome fanvid on youtube which may pique your interest to give this drama a try as well..

truly, Ohno was better than yamapi and deserve his best actor win, but the drama had a lot of winning elements for me, plot, acting, tensions...much better than code blue I feel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMjej6AWFWU

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I am Watching Maou...its turning out to be excellent...found a aweosome fanvid on youtube which may pique your interest to give this drama a try as well..
    Have you seen the original Korean version? I wonder how the two compare.

I'm currently watching Hitotsu Yane no Shita. Eguchi Yosuke's acting is so exaggerated in here and I almost find his character annoying. I like Masha's Masaya the most. Poor Fumiya, who keeps getting knocked out of his wheelchair. Uchida Yuki was so dark back then!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Have you seen the original Korean version? I wonder how the two compare.

I'm currently watching Hitotsu Yane no Shita. Eguchi Yosuke's acting is so exaggerated in here and I almost find his character annoying. I like Masha's Masaya the most. Poor Fumiya, who keeps getting knocked out of his wheelchair. Uchida Yuki was so dark back then!

I wonder too but I didn't. I recommend you start with the Jap one first since I am not able to feedback on how good the korean one is. Perhaps you can try the Korean one after that.

Btw, the serial has a excellent OST!

I wonder too but I didn't. I recommend you start with the Jap one first since I am not able to feedback on how good the korean one is. Perhaps you can try the Korean one after that.

Btw, the serial has a excellent OST!
    Actually I've already seen the Korean one and enjoyed it. That's kind of why I haven't bothered with the Japanese one. I didn't want to see just another version of the same or similar story.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Actually I've already seen the Korean one and enjoyed it. That's kind of why I haven't bothered with the Japanese one. I didn't want to see just another version of the same or similar story.

Well, i am not sure if my comments help but I had watch this without subs for afew epsidoes and got totally bored then I watch it properly with sub and its very good. Since you watched the korean one already, you may or may not feel the same way about the jap one like I did. any synopsis link? I can take a read and see if they are similar in any way....

Well, i am not sure if my comments help but I had watch this without subs for afew epsidoes and got totally bored then I watch it properly with sub and its very good. Since you watched the korean one already, you may or may not feel the same way about the jap one like I did. any synopsis link? I can take a read and see if they are similar in any way....
    The synopsis on DramaWiki is pretty accurate without giving too much away: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Devil

If you don't mind spoilers, check out this thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20728
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The synopsis on DramaWiki is pretty accurate without giving too much away: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Devil

If you don't mind spoilers, check out this thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20728

ok thks....

Lady Zhuge,

Based on what I read from the threads, I think the story is largely identical though there seemed to be a stronger love story going on in Maou. Not sure about the korean one but the Japanese one has a strong OST which really brings out the flavour of the drama...I found Ohno's acting pretty good especially as the series progresses. so my take is don't watch this if you are expecting something fresh but if you are looking for good acting and music to a similar story, then yes, you can consider watching Maou...I really like the way the love story was depicted, I felt the pain of the characters. Best love story I have come across in a long while doesn't matter that the love story was not the main focus of the drama.

Hope my post helps.

Lady Zhuge,

Based on what I read from the threads, I think the story is largely identical though there seemed to be a stronger love story going on in Maou. Not sure about the korean one but the Japanese one has a strong OST which really brings out the flavour of the drama...I found Ohno's acting pretty good especially as the series progresses. so my take is don't watch this if you are expecting something fresh but if you are looking for good acting and music to a similar story, then yes, you can consider watching Maou...I really like the way the love story was depicted, I felt the pain of the characters. Best love story I have come across in a long while doesn't matter that the love story was not the main focus of the drama.

Hope my post helps.
    There's is a love story in The Devil (MaWang), but it's not the main focus of the drama too. It is clear who the girl loves and who she merely respects. I'm not sure what you mean as a stronger love story. The romance in MaWang is subtle. The Korean version has a good OST, I can post some MV on it's thread. However, I'd prefer Ohno's acting over his Korean counterpart. One of the difference between the Japanese and Korean versions, I think is that in the Korean version the drama does not reveal Ohno/Ji Hoon's character as the mastermind behind everything from the beginning. You want to talk about anguish and pain, Uhm Tae Woong and Joo Ji Hoon's character had that. ---Except...sometimes I don't think Joo Ji Hoon's acting was that great...

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    There's is a love story in The Devil (MaWang), but it's not the main focus of the drama too. It is clear who the girl loves and who she merely respects. I'm not sure what you mean as a stronger love story. The romance in MaWang is subtle. The Korean version has a good OST, I can post some MV on it's thread. However, I'd prefer Ohno's acting over his Korean counterpart. One of the difference between the Japanese and Korean versions, I think is that in the Korean version the drama does not reveal Ohno/Ji Hoon's character as the mastermind behind everything from the beginning. You want to talk about anguish and pain, Uhm Tae Woong and Joo Ji Hoon's character had that. ---Except...sometimes I don't think Joo Ji Hoon's acting was that great...

Thanks for your take...you watch both...overall, which do you prefer? I like the new actress in Maou...she's very likeable....

Thanks for your take...you watch both...overall, which do you prefer? I like the new actress in Maou...she's very likeable....
    I think I need to rewatch both in order to juxtapose the strengths and weaknesses of each version. I'll post up a comparison after I'm done with final exams, okay?