Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Boss, My Hero (J-Drama)

Quote Originally Posted by Kara
    Strawberry, you should watch MBMH. At least watch the first episode if not the whole thing. If you watch the first episode and absolutely hate it or find it incredibly stupid and not funny then don't watch the rest.

I have a friend who absolutely hates Nodame. I tried to get her to watch with me. Ten minutes in and she hated Juri. I made her watch the whole thing. She didn't like it so i didn't force her to watch the rest.
    The thing is I buy my serials so if I buy it, I would try to see the serial unless I really dislike it. Juri's the female lead right? I so fear I am going in the direction of your friend because 1 episode of her and I don't like her much. I got the serial because I read rave reviews about it here. but I don't want to be so conclusive about her yet because its only 1 episode.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    The thing is I buy my serials so if I buy it, I would try to see the serial unless I really dislike it. Juri's the female lead right? I so fear I am going in the direction of your friend because 1 episode of her and I don't like her much. I got the serial because I read rave reviews about it here. but I don't want to be so conclusive about her yet because its only 1 episode.

You know Grifis () failed to tell me earlier or sooner about this site crunchyroll.com and you can actually watch most dramas on it, you just have to sign up (its free) to watch. So if you want to watch without having to buy it, I suggest you start there. Although I must warn you, you'll never get anything done or procrastinate more if you enter that world...that is, you'll spend hours watching dramas until the dramas finish and then go on here and post about it. Like moi. Hahaha...yes...ok..well I must go now.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    You know Grifis () failed to tell me earlier or sooner about this site crunchyroll.com and you can actually watch most dramas on it, you just have to sign up (its free) to watch. So if you want to watch without having to buy it, I suggest you start there. Although I must warn you, you'll never get anything done or procrastinate more if you enter that world...that is, you'll spend hours watching dramas until the dramas finish and then go on here and post about it. Like moi. Hahaha...yes...ok..well I must go now.
    Really? I will go check it out. ty.

just finish watching this series last night and I quite like it. I normally can't stand annoying acting and story, but this one is ok, a bit over the top, but in general the story was good, I even like the ending. Perfect ending.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I just started this show, its reasonably funny and Nagase is a competent enough actor. I wanted to comment something about Tegoshi in this drama., not much required from his acting but he’s pretty comfortable to watch and he has a beautiful smile…Wearing those painful braces sure paid off. I think Tegoshi kind of sparkles in person but I am not sure why…part of it could be because he has a beautiful smile. Sometimes, his character kind of reminds me of a girl actually…the way he smiles demurely and sticks to Nagase. As for Koki, I think he’s funny and suits the role of a little brother of the syndicate. Nagase’s hair is kind of too untidy for my liking here but I guess its because of the role he’s playing.

^ hi strawberry.. it has been a long long while. i wonder if you still remember me? LOL

anyways, just dropping by to comment on onw of my favourite doramas.

AFAIK, (correct me if got some things mixed-up again), the producer of this dorama is the same one as Nobuta wo Produce.

Nagase doing what he does best.
    I know i'm not being overtly biased when i say that Nagase is an excellent actor, despite the Nagase-fan that I am.
    And in all honesty, if he didn't accept the role.. and another actor was casted as Tornadio Makio.. i don't think MBMH will be the same. in fact, i think it will be very very different.

This supposedly light and humurous drama also has its tear-jerking moments.
    I think the casting of this dorama is perfect.

Tanaka Koki.. i'm not really a fan of KAT-TUN, but somehow, i like how Koki is different.. from most young JE talents.

And Tesshi Yuya, he has a very pretty face, and compared to his other doramas, his role here doesn't require any heavy acting. I've seen his other doramas, and his movie.. and i must say that i am impressed.. beig new to the industry (at that time) and all.. he sure has potential. playing weird roles seems to be his specialty. (of course, his voice being so seraphic is a big plus.)

One more great thing about this dorama is the awesome soundtrack. Sorafune was in the charts for 3 months.. no translation will ever do Sorafune justice, tho.. for it's written by Nakajima Miyuki. LOL..
    also, TOKIO's music has changed over the years. I'm glad to see how they have matured as a BAND.

…the way he smiles demurely and sticks to Nagase.
    i guess this says alot about the relationship of the actors to each other too. LOL. Tesshi openly admits that he is a big fan of Nagase.. he reportedly monopolized Nagase's attention during the duration of the filming. LOL.. i just find it amusing.. that's all.

sorry if my premises are not organized. thoughts just pop out randomly. LOL..
    Last edited by morai_naki; 10-10-07 at 02:32 PM.