Thread: Mo Yung F'uk vs. pre-Heavy Iron Sword Yeung Gor

Default Mo Yung F'uk vs. pre-Heavy Iron Sword Yeung Gor

It's been observed that Mo Yung F'uk never reached true Elite status among the martial artists of DGSD because he had practiced too many diverse techniques without focusing on one, and his internal power was not comparable to that of Kiu Fung or Kau Mor Tze.

The Golden Wheel Monk made the same observation about the pre-Heavy Iron Sword Yeung Gor during ROCH.

If we were to take peak Mo Yung F'uk and pit him against peak pre-Heavy Iron Sword Yeung Gor, which one would prevail?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's been observed that Mo Yung F'uk never reached true Elite status among the martial artists of DGSD because he had practiced too many diverse techniques without focusing on one, and his internal power was not comparable to that of Kiu Fung or Kau Mor Tze.

The Golden Wheel Monk made the same observation about the pre-Heavy Iron Sword Yeung Gor during ROCH.

If we were to take peak Mo Yung F'uk and pit him against peak pre-Heavy Iron Sword Yeung Gor, which one would prevail?
    no poll for this one? in my opinion, they are about equal. MRF possibly edging out YG after 1000 moves or so...but YG is a tricky fighter with a lot of wits and guts so...really hard to say....about equal
    Last edited by augster123; 02-02-07 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    no poll for this one?
    No poll; the omission of a poll forces people to actually discuss the topic, which is what I want.

MYF...I can't picture YG at that point helping YTZ turn the tide of the battle against XF.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    No poll; the omission of a poll forces people to actually discuss the topic, which is what I want.
    i see i see...i would've prolly given the win to YG if not for the fact that MRF was able to handle 30% of XF's fierce dragon palms.

hmm ken cheng you should make this a poll...

at least MRF mastered one skill : star shift technique, while YG mastered none

so i'll go for MRF
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    hmm ken cheng you should make this a poll...

at least MRF mastered one skill : star shift technique, while YG mastered none

so i'll go for MRF
    hmmmm...i must say tho, although all of YG's skills were "unmastered" at that time, they were really top-notch...

aside from star shifting technique, i dunno what else MRF has that is "ownage". and even tho he "mastered" such a technique, he was only a decent/nonspectacular combatant. MRB truly mastered the star shifting technique...that u can say for sure i guess.

MRF for the win in terms of martial arts. That being said, Yang Guo is a sly fella. Might pull something out of his ***, like he did with JLGS's disciples.

Murong Fu had reached the stage of fighting without sound (from the first DCQ fight). Had the young YG been described as reaching that stage of refinement?

MRF's inner energy and control had also reached the point where he could manipulate and redirect multiple objects (when he could focus the broken blade shards at Duan Yu), don't think the young YG had that level yet.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Murong Fu had reached the stage of fighting without sound (from the first DCQ fight). Had the young YG been described as reaching that stage of refinement?

MRF's inner energy and control had also reached the point where he could manipulate and redirect multiple objects (when he could focus the broken blade shards at Duan Yu), don't think the young YG had that level yet.
    In terms of pure martial arts perhaps, but Yang Guo is far more cunning than Murong Fu. Murong Fu on the other hand seems filled with the desire for something and seems kinda dim... or maybe it's just because that's how i see him... Either way, Yang Guo should have no trouble tricking him into submission.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Murong Fu had reached the stage of fighting without sound (from the first DCQ fight).
    It was even more impressive. Murong Fu demonstrated having reached the stage of Flexibly in Switching Back and Forth Between Sound and Soundlessness

他双眼如要冒将出火来,青光闪闪,一柄长剑使得犹似一个大青球,在厅堂上滚来滚去,霎时间
    将段誉裹在剑圈之中,每一招都是致命的杀着。 段延庆、段正淳、段夫人、范骅、华赫艮、崔百泉等人为剑气所逼,只觉寒气袭人,头上脸上毛发簌簌而落,衣袖 衣襟也纷纷化为碎片。

WITH SOUND: Murong Fu tried to kill Duan Yu with all his might. The wind emitted by Murong Fu's sword was unbearably shivery to Duan Yanqing, Duan Zhengchun, Cui Baiquan, etc, so much so that their hair were being snipped off by the sword wind. In addition, their clothes were being ripped into pieces by the sword wind

慕容复,眼见百余剑刺出,始终无法伤到对方,心想:“这小子善于‘暗器听风’之术,听声闪避,我改使‘柳絮 剑法’,轻飘飘的没有声响,谅来这小子便避不了。”陡地剑法一变,一剑缓缓刺出。殊
    不知段誉这“凌波微步”乃是自己走自己的,浑不理会敌手如何出招,对方剑招声带隆隆风
    雷也好,悄没声息也好,于他全不相干。

SOUNDLESS: Murong Fu was unable to get ahold of Duan Yu. Attributing his failure to Duan Yu being able to move with regards to sound, Murong Fu then switched to a different variation of swordplay which was softer and made no sound.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

i'm sorry but did YG even after moving on from Heavy Iron Sword stage master a soundless sword technique?

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    i'm sorry but did YG even after moving on from Heavy Iron Sword stage master a soundless sword technique?
    From ROCH chapter 32

Spring went and autumn came, the months flowed by. He trained his sword arts in the sea’s waves night and day, whatever the weather. The sound produced by the wooden sword was getting louder and louder to the point where it was able to produce great volume of noise. After a few months, the sound from the wooden sword got quieter and quieter until no more noise came from it. Another few months passed and the sword produced sound again. This process of going from soft to loud and loud to soft repeated itself seven times. Eventually, he was able to produce whatever sound he desired, loud or soft. By the time he reached this stage, he counted on his fingers and realized he had been by the sea for six years.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Could this mean that MRF got alot worse between when he fought DY and when he fought DYQ, perhaps due to a crisis of self confidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    From ROCH chapter 32

Spring went and autumn came, the months flowed by. He trained his sword arts in the sea’s waves night and day, whatever the weather. The sound produced by the wooden sword was getting louder and louder to the point where it was able to produce great volume of noise. After a few months, the sound from the wooden sword got quieter and quieter until no more noise came from it. Another few months passed and the sword produced sound again. This process of going from soft to loud and loud to soft repeated itself seven times. Eventually, he was able to produce whatever sound he desired, loud or soft. By the time he reached this stage, he counted on his fingers and realized he had been by the sea for six years.
    ooooh...thanks noodles...dang...from the relative comparisons, MRF is decently strong...hahaha what happened to him seriously?

if i was him, i'd just keep working hard at my skills and never fight XF ever...hahaha so i can keep that "South Murong" name clean and dandy and on par with "North Qiao Feng"...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    From ROCH chapter 32

By the time he reached this stage, he counted on his fingers and realized he had been by the sea for six years.
    O/T: Hahaha. When I read this sentence I picture him counting with his left hand fingers up to five and then using one of his toes to count the sixth year.

And if after sixteen years he had been trying to count how long XLN and him had been separated, he is out of luck.