Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Love Revolution [Esumi Makiko, Fujiki Naohito, Yonekura Ryoko, Oshio Manabu]

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    I totally agree. I don't recall seeing a character as suave and sexy as Suga, and charming to boot. Oh, that irresistible smile I thought he looked so good regardless of what he wore (or didn't wear )

Over Time was another late 90s drama that I enjoyed. The stuff these days... ehhh.

I hope it's a good drama! I haven't been inclined to watch Fujiki's recent stuff after Love Revolution, though I did finish Around 40. It was good, but as you pointed out, they were soooo conservative, I got a bit frustrated too. I do hope Makiko gets a good strong role if she does have a drama again. It'd be lovely to see her back.
    Oh thanks for the pictures ... I feel the urge to watch this drama again. Yeah the dramas these days are "BLEAH" for lack of a better expression. They don't do many dramas of this genre anymore. The favoured ones are the medical and suspense genres which seem to promise better ratings but medical ones are getting overdone.

I somehow disliked the ending of Around 40 and I could sense it coming at the start of the last episode when they threw in the bit that presented her with the chance to fulfill her dream. It just seemed that Amami's character had gone one full circle and was back at nothing and Fujiki's character was just a good friend she'd visit once in a while. Was it done in such a way that it wasn't a cop out? Couldn't she have chosen marriage and still be happy and have the other things that she wanted too? He didn't say she couldn't spend time apart from him and turn the hospital into something she had dreamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Oh thanks for the pictures ... I feel the urge to watch this drama again. Yeah the dramas these days are "BLEAH" for lack of a better expression. They don't do many dramas of this genre anymore. The favoured ones are the medical and suspense genres which seem to promise better ratings but medical ones are getting overdone.
    Yeah, too much of a good thing and all that. I haven't been inclined to follow any Japanese medical dramas, only ones I liked were ER (US) and Healing Hands (HK). And I guess it's got to do with the younger crop of actors filling up the dramas these days, it's so difficult to find an actor of, say, Esumi Makiko's calibre. She was so beautiful and natural in Love Revolution. I think we should both rewatch that drama again, at least the good bits!

I somehow disliked the ending of Around 40 and I could sense it coming at the start of the last episode when they threw in the bit that presented her with the chance to fulfill her dream. It just seemed that Amami's character had gone one full circle and was back at nothing and Fujiki's character was just a good friend she'd visit once in a while. Was it done in such a way that it wasn't a cop out? Couldn't she have chosen marriage and still be happy and have the other things that she wanted too? He didn't say she couldn't spend time apart from him and turn the hospital into something she had dreamed of.
    Yeah, I think they overplayed the "you don't have to have love to be successful" message with Satoko. I guess you could rationalise it this way that all along she'd been so good at being alone that Keitaro hadn't been able to make more than a dent in her comfy life. She likes him but fulfilling her dream is oh so much bigger. And that 'parting' scene at Makun's restaurant was so blah.

Actually looking back (and apologies that this is the wrong thread, haha), I don't particularly like Keitaro's character. I keep comparing it with Suga. I still feel Suga wins hands down. Fujiki should get another sexy role like this soon!
    玉木宏

blog

Yeah, too much of a good thing and all that. I haven't been inclined to follow any Japanese medical dramas, only ones I liked were ER (US) and Healing Hands (HK). And I guess it's got to do with the younger crop of actors filling up the dramas these days, it's so difficult to find an actor of, say, Esumi Makiko's calibre. She was so beautiful and natural in Love Revolution. I think we should both rewatch that drama again, at least the good bits!
    There's a glut of medical dramas because they do relatively well in the ratings game. There are a few that I like and then there's Pandora which was exceptionally well done but most are just riding the wave.

I agree that few female actress display much acting chops .... don't see much to hope for from the younger generation. Haha. Yes I am thinking of watching it soon and relive those funny annecdotes she tells in each episode.

Yeah, I think they overplayed the "you don't have to have love to be successful" message with Satoko. I guess you could rationalise it this way that all along she'd been so good at being alone that Keitaro hadn't been able to make more than a dent in her comfy life. She likes him but fulfilling her dream is oh so much bigger. And that 'parting' scene at Makun's restaurant was so blah.

Actually looking back (and apologies that this is the wrong thread, haha), I don't particularly like Keitaro's character. I keep comparing it with Suga. I still feel Suga wins hands down. Fujiki should get another sexy role like this soon!
    We are so off-topic! But you summed it up perfectly. That's why I disliked Around 40's ending.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 02-18-09 at 10:54 PM.

Haha. Yes I am thinking of watching it soon and relive those funny annecdotes she tells in each episode.
    I love those anecdotes! They are sooo true, I can relate to them. I think that's what's great about this drama, regardless of whether we're single or attached, we can relate to these little things cuz at least one of them has happened to us at some point in our lives. I love that touch of familiarity.
    玉木宏

blog