Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not so eye candy main lead actress

All this talk and no pics? Post pics please.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I don't think Ariel is cute at all except for the fact that she is a bit chubby so that brings out cuteness...but I don't think her acting skills are bad at all (compared to certain actresses) so I don't mind her in Taiwanese series like ISWAK. Zhou Xun's not super cute herself now because of age
    i was actually comparing the Huang Rongs that they both took up....to evaluate on Ariel Lin's acting skills would be impossible for me, as LOCH hasnt come out, and partly because ive never seen her act in any other series....

i havent seen Zhou Xun's latest pictures, but honestly, one cant stay cute forever...age catch up, and the same would happen to Ariel Lin too, so it's unfair to compare them now....it's only fair to judge their Huang Rongs since Zhou Xun was still cute then, so i'd say Zhou Xun slammed Ariel Lin in terms of looks....

i dont think Charmaine is cute too....in Angels of Mission, certain scenes she'll get the cute angle, but most of the others when she tried to be they just dont work for her....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 03:00 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    i was actually comparing the Huang Rongs that they both took up....to evaluate on Ariel Lin's acting skills would be impossible for me, as LOCH hasnt come out, and partly because ive never seen her act in any other series....

i havent seen Zhou Xun's latest pictures, but honestly, one cant stay cute forever...age catch up, and the same would happen to Ariel Lin too, so it's unfair to compare them now....it's only fair to judge their Huang Rongs since Zhou Xun was still cute, so i'd say Zhou Xun slammed Ariel Lin in terms of looks....

i dont think Charmaine is cute too....in Angels of Mission, certain scenes she'll get the cute angle, but most of the others when she tried to be they just dont work for her....
    The only series Charmaine was cute in from what I remember was DIF IV, where she had those "angelic locks" and seemed all innocent-like. Totally beat Lee San San in terms of looks there, although her acting was kinda bad there. Then it went downhill....

Zhou Xun used to be VERY cute, especially when she playing Ping Yang Princess in Da Ming Gong Ci. But she's like what, 30 now? You can't expect her to be cute forever.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    But she's like what, 30 now? You can't expect her to be cute forever.
    sure thing...age catch up, didnt i say that in the post that you quoted?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

For some reasons, Jessica Hsuan, Charmaine Sheh, and Michele Yeh look similar to me and I think all three fall below average in terms of look. Though, I think Michelle looks the best out of the three. I've seen too many ugly moment-pictures of Jessica and Charmaine to pick the lesser of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    I've seen too many ugly moment-pictures of Jessica and Charmaine to pick the lesser of the two.
    agreed...

it's strange how ive never seen a decent picture of Jessica. i dont think she looks that good either....the only series that i think she looked beautiful is Lady Fan, and that might have been because of the colourful clothes she had on her....there's just something funny about her face that i cant seem to point it out....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

charmaine isnt that bad in her cute looks.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    charmaine isnt that bad in her cute looks.

Hi Lunar

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    agreed...

it's strange how ive never seen a decent picture of Jessica. i dont think she looks that good either....the only series that i think she looked beautiful is Lady Fan, and that might have been because of the colourful clothes she had on her....there's just something funny about her face that i cant seem to point it out....
    lol! Well I'm glad someone agees with me on this one. For some reasons, Jessica always get exempted from negative criticsims. Everyone heeps on Charmaine for her fugliness but I think Jessica is even more uglier in some angles.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    Hi Lunar
    sweetie, what is this with the happy birthday? where and when is the party?

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    but I think Jessica is even more uglier in some angles.
    damn, i have to say 'HIGH 5!' to that, bel!

i honestly think Jessica in terms of looks is much less than Charmaine...i mean, with Charmaine i can still see her cuteness (plunge her acting skill, of course) in some scenes, at least she's got some good pictures in store, but Jessica....i just cant seem to figure out why those ppl is so hyped about....she's just normal, as in, theres no special/memorable features to her (hmm..to think of it again, i think her lips look strange ) while Charmaine, ppl seem to remember her 'squashed' face...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    Hi Lunar
    hi bday girl honestly charmaine is hotter than half the girls at my school

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    hi bday girl honestly charmaine is hotter than half the girls at my school
    honestly, charmaine is uglier than half the girls at my work place.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    honestly, charmaine is uglier than half the girls at my work place.
    thats pretty decent at least she is cute

I think Charmaine looks cute. Jessica looks nice too, but she's not too well-suited for ancient roles... which for some reasons, she does look oddly out of place.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I think Ariel has average looks. Not a beauty, neither is she ugly. I was quite surprised when she was selected to play Wong Yung, hopefully she will be able to convince fans with her acting.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    I was quite surprised when she was selected to play Wong Yung, hopefully she will be able to convince fans with her acting.
    depends on whose fans youre talking about. sure her fans will be happy with it, but will Jin Yong's fans feel the same? a point to ponder...

however, IMO, even if she matches up to the novel Huang Rong, ppl will always hold her looks against her.....after all, Huang Rong is supposed to be the most beautiful girl (and XLN, of course) in Jin Yong universe, even if Ariel acts the best Huang Rong ever, she will still be criticized because of her 'under-par' appearance....

well, the audience is hard to please....but life goes on and the series will get high rating either way, cuz of the many male eye-candies ZJZ hired to fill in the blanks....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 12:44 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

I dont think HR is the most beautiful girl JY ever written, but regardless, ZX wasn't pretty, but her HR was rather good, except the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I dont think HR is the most beautiful girl JY ever written, but regardless, ZX wasn't pretty, but her HR was rather good, except the voice.
    Zhou Xun is heaps prettier than Ariel Lin, they don't even compare. I don't know why people always say that Zhou Xun isn't pretty. I guess it really is just a 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' thing, because I always thought of her as quite pretty. She's just getting older now.

ariel lin
    charmaine sheh
    Moylie wu
    Sherily yeung