View Poll Results: Singing with background music. Yes or No

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (easier to keep in tune, harder to record)

16 40.00%
  • No (easy to record, harder to sing)

12 30.00%
  • Either (this may affect the fairness of the competition)

12 30.00%
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Singing Competition

what songs are you guys going to sing?? haha

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    what songs are you guys going to sing?? haha
    Maybe :
    -Voice within
    -Hurt
    -Reflection
    -'cao cao'
    -'li ge'
    -'si le dou yao ai'
    -unwritten...

How about u?
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Another thing we have to consider: What program are we going to use, to record?
    basic ones like window recorder will work... a little more advance would be adobe audition, or cakewalk, and a couple others... i usually play around with adobe audition since that was the 1st one i use and i'm familar with the interface, it's a real easy interface unlike the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    maybe if i use mp3 recorded to record voice...

but i wonder..would a bad recorder quality affect the fairness of the competition?

Does it have to be a competition? it can't be where we contribute or something?

it deffinitely would, a bad singer can still sound pretty good with a pro recording session... but it's all fun and game... i think it'll be fun reguardless... i will say this though, girl without background music will tend to sound a bit better than guys (cute wise)... so guys, if you gonna do it without background music u better be real good to beat these girls

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    it deffinitely would, a bad singer can still sound pretty good with a pro recording session... but it's all fun and game... i think it'll be fun reguardless... i will say this though, girl without background music will tend to sound a bit better than guys (cute wise)... so guys, if you gonna do it without background music u better be real good to beat these girls
    You won't think that after you hear my horrible singing.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    basic ones like window recorder will work... a little more advance would be adobe audition, or cakewalk, and a couple others... i usually play around with adobe audition since that was the 1st one i use and i'm familar with the interface, it's a real easy interface unlike the other stuff.
    Window recorder? where do u find that? Ive got cakewalk, but i have no idea how to use it.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Maybe :
    -Voice within
    -Hurt
    -Reflection
    -'cao cao'
    -'li ge'
    -'si le dou yao ai'
    -unwritten...

How about u?

i dunno.. nowadays, it's seldom that I listen to pop, but all my fav singers very hard to sing :P so I'm looking for some easy bubblegum pop to sing. haha

Window recorder? where do u find that? Ive got cakewalk, but i have no idea how to use it.
    start >>> allprogram >> accesories >>> entertainment >>>> voice recorder

cake walk is out of my range, i've heard of it, never tried it so i do not know.

really, there isn't much difference in these software... they both record from "mic in" or "line in" from your sound card, the only difference is that in those slighly more complicated software you can do multi track recording... which saves alot of time if you're not familiar with the song (they also have digital effects and stuff like that)... i'm not really good with them, i just know the basics because i've been messing around with computer for a while, i pretty much know the basic of most things on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    You won't think that after you hear my horrible singing.
    it's prejudice on my part, i'm a guy, so i tend to like hearing girl sings without music more than some random guy singing

you're entering right?

I want to set the deadline 2 weeks from now, 16th April. Hopefully that's enough time for people to record.

i don't think there's enough people to have 4 categories, but 2 categories, acapella and background would be ok i think.

@girlikeme: professional training! you must be amazing. i sing in the shower like the majority.

0-0-0, since we will be sending all the voices to you, does that mean only you alone would know who each person is?

I hope you can extend the deadline to one month. Or perhaps, after April 16, if you have a fair amount, and there are still some people who really want to join and participate, then extend the deadline.

Is there anyway we can do this, that only the people who join in, gets to hear everyone else's voice?

BTW, dumb question, but your new avatar isn't Sun Fei Fei right?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    0-0-0, since we will be sending all the voices to you, does that mean only you alone would know who each person is?

I hope you can extend the deadline to one month. Or perhaps, after April 16, if you have a fair amount, and there are still some people who really want to join and participate, then extend the deadline.

Is there anyway we can do this, that only the people who join in, gets to hear everyone else's voice?

BTW, dumb question, but your new avatar isn't Sun Fei Fei right?
    its chen hao lol, i got it wrong twice chen hao is pretty cute
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    its chen hao lol, i got it wrong twice chen hao is pretty cute
    Ah, the one that played my almost loveable Ah Zi?

yes, i believe this is the easiest way. i will not identify members.

If there are people who wish to enter and cannot make the deadline, if you let me know, i will try and extend, but personally, i think 2 weeks should be enough to record.

i suppose i can put a password on the downloaded files which only particular members have access to.

HERE ARE THE FINAL RULES

Rules for entering

1) Record your singing. You may do this with or without background music. We will have 2 separate divisions.

Songs should be partial with a maximum file size of 2mb
    They may be in any language.

2) Send these entries to me at [email protected]

3) These will be posted according to the division ANONYMOUSLY.

4) Members will vote for their favourites and have a great time.

Members who have joined in April 2007 will unfortunately not be able to vote. This is to ensure that unlike the battle royale, there will not be username1, username2... username20.

5) The top entries from each group will enter a final round and submit a SECOND song.

6) The final vote will be carried out and the winner will receive a $20 voucher courtesy of SPCNET

Final date for submission is the 16th April 2007 and polling will begin once all entries are uploaded.

in the meantime, try and convince other members to join the competition
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 04-02-07 at 02:46 AM.

Everyone gets to hear everyone's voice. We just won't know who the voices belong to.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

haha, i just recorded my voice. gosh, i didn't realise my voice was so squeaky

16 April. Good. Still have a lot of time. Not feeling very well today. Hopes I get better tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    haha, i just recorded my voice. gosh, i didn't realise my voice was so squeaky
    Maybe it's a common effect when u record use a PC recording program and mike. When I did the voiceover, I tried to make my voice as low as possible (so that I sound more adult) but I still sounds like a kid.

This is cool! If we want to be a voter, where do we vote?

Is there any way, we can do one language only. I do realize this is hard though. Even if some of us here speak Chinese, it might be different dialect. So are we going to judge mostly on tone of voice? And even though all of us know English here, I am thinking some might not be fluent in speaking it, or not interested in English songs.