Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

DOMD: Behind the Scene

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2l9jjuq.jpg')

Video

^^LSS looked frustrated she couldn't get the move right...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 04:08 PM.

I can live with Ming Dao. I don't find him attractive but I can at least stand looking at his face without feeling sick. Maybe it's just me, but FSF's face actually scares the hell out of me and actually makes me cringe. (Not an exaggeration!)
    For slightly less scary pictures, they've clearly been photoshopped to the extent that it looks like they stuck someone else's features onto his face. They've warped/liquified the life out of his forehead and mouth. Even then, he's a bit scary.

ShiGe as in poem song? They're a pairing meant to be, I'm telling you guys! Why have they not kissed yet???

@ xiaolong: Hey, my love for Wallace isn't THAT bad. I just have a thing for advertising Tang Lang (among a few other things), but you do that too.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 06-29-11 at 04:31 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

As someone who absolutely HATES mashed-up English couple names, I'm surprised to find myself loving these chinese couple mash-ups. It helps that the chinese phrases usually actually mean something (rather than just making an abomination out of the language). E.g. FengMi, TangYuan, HongShi, GeShi, etc. (Although I still find HG/LSS to have better sibling chemistry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Mango!!!!!!!! This is all your fault!!! Look! Would you just look at what xiaolong did to my YH's head!!!???? I told you again and again not to encourage her!

That is sooooooooooooo wrong in sooooooooo many ways xiaolong. That is more disturbing than munianci's avatar!!! ...

Oh and this image of YH is better for you??????????????? LOL...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2h80dpd.jpg

Ohhh...that image is hurting my eyes ...hehehehe!!!!!!
    ...oops. *sporking out my eyes right now*

Who is that "singing in the shower" guy? Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Who is that "singing in the shower" guy? Lmao.
    Ooohh! That's Kevin as Law Ba in Ghetto Justice Isn't he cute? He was absolutely superb in Ghetto Justice (Advice: Watch only the Canto version, DON'T EVER watch the horrid Mandarin-dubbed version). I just realise Kevin has fab comic timing - now that's where his talent lies. I don't like him much in serious dramas.

And also forgot to mention - I ADORE Hu Ge's comic expressions as WXB in DOMD game endorsement. For that, I will say I'm looking forward to watching DOMD (however short it is) MUCH MUCH more than the meh that is New HZGG.

I really like the second row of GeShi photos - wasn't it at the event where they did the pledge thing? LSS looks so smiley there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but FSF's face actually scares the hell out of me and actually makes me cringe. (Not an exaggeration!)
    I can see why people love them bcos they are obviously a newly in love real life couple But honestly, I prefer all of LSS' couplings (yeah, even her lousiest - 8th & Ruoxi!) to FengMi in Gong. IDK but I wasn't charmed by them in Gong. I can see why they charm in real-life interviews/interactions, but certainly not in Gong!

Well, we know FengMi virus has converted 3 Nic Tse fangirls into FSF fangirls (mango_cake, munianci, Yang Mi herself!). Next victim may be ChineseChik (still a Nic Tse only fangirl, not a Nic Tse + FSF fangirl...yet), so don't say I didn't warn you!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-29-11 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I really like the second row of GeShi photos - wasn't it at the event where they did the pledge thing? LSS looks so smiley there!

Well, we know FengMi virus has converted 3 Nic Tse fangirls into FSF fangirls (mango_cake, munianci, Yang Mi herself!). Next victim may be ChineseChik (still a Nic Tse only fangirl, not a Nic Tse + FSF fangirl...yet), so don't say I didn't warn you!
    Yes, those are the pictures of LSS and Hu Ge when they pledge to be the ambassador of that charity event.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....hehehe, I know Chinesechik's young mind can be easily influenced when it comes to hot actors. But I think you'll have to work a little harder to infected her with FSF viruses...LOL
    ShiGe as in poem song? They're a pairing meant to be, I'm telling you guys! Why have they not kissed yet???
    Yep! As in Poem Song

They haven't even been paired up in a series yet, let alone seeing them kissed...hehehe. Wonder why Karen is holding back on them coupling....of all the two actor/actresses in Tangren, it shouldn't be taking them this long?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 10:17 PM.

DOMD: Official Character Poster

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/308hyz4.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/j59yk2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/119b4mu.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/o1u6c.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/312b86h.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 11:22 PM.

DOMD (Another trailer)

Video

^^Does the video say the movie will air July 22nd?

Why do I get the feeling they will include many more scenes from BBJX into the movie then the scenes we've seen from the first trailer(of just RuoXi)?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 10:11 PM.

They haven't even been paired up in a series yet, let alone seeing them kissed...hehehe. Wonder why Karen is holding back on them coupling....of all the two actor/actresses in Tangren, it shouldn't be taking them this long?
    Well, I think after CP3, Hu Ge went on to do other non-Tangren productions for the next two years or so. Karen did mention, when she first gave Xuanyuanjian script to HG to read through, it's time for HG to "come back" to Tangren after this two-year "absence".

So this two-year "absence" should be the the reason why they haven't been paired up. But doncha think they look like an OTP in CP3, hee hee!

But I did read somewhere that Strange Hero's LGX character was written with HG in mind - errrrrr, not suitable!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-29-11 at 10:24 PM.

DOMD (Another trailer)
    ^^Does the video say the movie will air July 22nd?
    Sadly, nope. I think it just means that ppl can sign up for open beta on July 22nd ):

Well, I think after CP3, Hu Ge went on to do other non-Tangren productions for the next two years or so. That's why they haven't been paired up. But doncha think they look like an OTP in CP3, hee hee!
    So I don't want to sound stupid...hehehe, saw you guys mention "OTP" so often, what the heck does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mwahaha View Post
    Sadly, nope. I think it just means that ppl can sign up for open beta on July 22nd ):
    Mwahaha!!!! You came to visit!!! LOL...welcome! welcome! What brings you to this neck of the woods??

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...shucks. After the disappointment that BBJX won't air this summer, I thought at least give us DOMD! Thanks for translating
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 10:23 PM.

So I don't want to sound stupid...hehehe, saw you guys mention "OTP" so often, what the heck does it mean?
    OTP means "one true pairing" - it's a short form usually used in anime.

Here's the Wiki explanation:
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Tru...e_True_Pairing
    One true pairing is a term used by fans to indicate their favorite pairing in a particular fandom. It can refer to a canon couple or two other characters that the fan would like to see in a romantic relationship. OT3, a variation on OTP, stands for one true threesome. It describes a similar situation in which three characters (usually all from canon) are romantically and sexually linked. The term can be expanded indefinitely, as OT4, OT5, etc., although higher numbers tend to be parodic. OT3 is more likely to appear in fandoms with multiple canonical characters operating in an ensemble.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-29-11 at 10:33 PM.

Mwahaha!!!! You came to visit!!! LOL...welcome! welcome! What brings you to this neck of the woods??

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...shucks. After the disappointment that BBJX won't air this summer, I thought at least give us DOMD! Thanks for translating
    Mwahaha. Yeap I did ^^ I came for LSS and you guys of course. :P
    Hehe I mega heart Shishi's performance in Strange Heroes which is why I'm really looking forward to DOMD. Sophia looks like she has potential to be even more badass than San niang!! My heart dropped a little when I saw it was just a little announcement on the game.

And looks like xiaolong answered your question

OTP means "one true pairing" - it's a short form usually used in anime.
    Ohhhhhhhhh.....hahaha, thanks. Well, as mentioned long long time ago in this thread. Before knowing a series called "Chinese Paladin 3", I was searching LSS on youtube (prior to making the munianci channel). I saw sooooo many MVs of LSS and Hu Ge from CP3, I thought they were lovers in the MVs and the series! Searched for the series to watch and I was surprised that they played siblings...hehehe. As for the OTP, dunno yet. Have to wait til they get to pair up to see.....

Mwahaha. Yeap I did ^^ I came for LSS and you guys of course. :P
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....another LSS fan? Hmmmmmm....what, you didn't get enough laughs from us at the BBJX thread? Must warn you, we are not "normal"...hahaha.

Hehe I mega heart Shishi's performance in Strange Heroes which is why I'm really looking forward to DOMD. Sophia looks like she has potential to be even more badass than San niang!!
    Sounds like LSS gained a lot of fans after her Yan San Niang
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 10:37 PM.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....another LSS fan? Hmmmmmm....what, you didn't get enough laughs from us at the BBJX thread? Must warn you, we are not "normal"...hahaha.
    Yes yes. I actually liked LSS before deciding to listen to BBJX's audios. HEH.
    And I know you guys aren't a normal lot. I've been a lurker for agessss. I know all the weird stuff you guys posted in front LOL.

Sounds like LSS gained a lot of fans after her Yan San Niang
    I'm actually looking forward to her Sophia in DOMD after seeing her moves in the vids. But somehow, I don't really want a Yan San Niang-type character to be paired with a lousy skunk like Wei Xiao Bao

Quote Originally Posted by Mwahaha View Post
    And I know you guys aren't a normal lot. I've been a lurker for agessss. I know all the weird stuff you guys posted in front LOL.
    Heyyyyy.....what weird stuff you talking about??!!! I'm innocent!!! LOL.

Background poster of WXB and Queen Sophia...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/vmvpe9.jpg')

I'm actually looking forward to her Sophia in DOMD after seeing her moves in the vids. But somehow, I don't really want a Yan San Niang-type character to be paired with a lousy skunk like Wei Xiao Bao
    I know huh???!!! It probably won't emphasize on the "love" that much since it's a game. But the news kept on saying that WXB and Kangxi will have a final duel...blah blah blah...for Sophia's love?

Did you see one of the video shows 4 modern girls answering the phone? So WXB maybe calling his wives from modern time to come help him?

But I did read somewhere that Strange Hero's LGX character was written with HG in mind - errrrrr, not suitable
    I thought they were referring to Chai Hu though...that they had Hu Ge in mind.

One true pairing is a term used by fans to indicate their favorite pairing in a particular fandom. It can refer to a canon couple or two other characters that the fan would like to see in a romantic relationship. OT3, a variation on OTP, stands for one true threesome. It describes a similar situation in which three characters (usually all from canon) are romantically and sexually linked. The term can be expanded indefinitely, as OT4, OT5, etc., although higher numbers tend to be parodic. OT3 is more likely to appear in fandoms with multiple canonical characters operating in an ensemble
    Man! So complicated...LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-29-11 at 10:53 PM.

I'm actually really looking forward to her Sophia in DOMD. But somehow, I don't really want a Yan San Niang-type character to be paired with a lousy skunk like Wei Xiao Bao
    I don't think she'll end up with Xiao Bao... right? D:
    I don't want that to happen either. But from all the interviews and stuff, it seems like both Kangxi & Xiaobao will be fighting for her love. I'm rooting for Kangxi.
    But I think they're going to leave an open ending. So she'll probably not end up with anyone

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    As someone who absolutely HATES mashed-up English couple names, I'm surprised to find myself loving these chinese couple mash-ups. It helps that the chinese phrases usually actually mean something (rather than just making an abomination out of the language). E.g. FengMi, TangYuan, HongShi, GeShi, etc.
    It's rare, but some ships are named by proper words. Harry and Hermione are Harmony. Arthur and Morgana are Armor. Chuck and Blair are Chair (I hate calling them a piece of furniture, though). Oh, and Violet/Tony from The Incredibles makes Toilet.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    It's rare, but some ships are named by proper words. Harry and Hermione are Harmony. Arthur and Morgana are Armor. Chuck and Blair are Chair (I hate calling them a piece of furniture, though). Oh, and Violet/Tony from The Incredibles makes Toilet.
    Yup, and I still hate all of them! "Armor" and "Chair" are just weird, not romantic at all. "Harmony" at least means something nice but the mashup of the names doesn't even make sense--it's so forced just to create that word (doesn't help that Ron/Hermione are one of my HP OTPs so I'm totally biased against H/Hr to begin with lol!). But, LMAO at Toilet. I haven't heard that one before! What more proof do you need that english couple-name mashups are absolute disasters? (I just stick with the initials. Like C/B, R/Hr, etc.)

Ooohh! That's Kevin as Law Ba in Ghetto Justice Isn't he cute? He was absolutely superb in Ghetto Justice (Advice: Watch only the Canto version, DON'T EVER watch the horrid Mandarin-dubbed version). I just realise Kevin has fab comic timing - now that's where his talent lies. I don't like him much in serious dramas.
    Haha, that is a cute gif of Kevin. He still hasn't won me over yet though! :P

Guilty as charged! XD And to think all 3 of us started off hating FSF too...