Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    omfg I just got home from watching this..& uhh..I didn't even watch the first or second yet hahaha. I thought this 3rd one was good even though I was confused n kept asking my friend questions

I'll watch the first 2 tomorrow

n what? alrdy making a 4th? shits crazyy haha
    Who did the girl choose?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    By squeezing so much plot in. You get Sao Feng. You know he has a grudge with Jack, but the story isn't really fleshed out.

You got calypso and Davy Jones, u know they betrayed each other... but the story was so rushed.

There was a bunch of betrayal and lies in the movie that were going left and right. I got a bit confused in the theater. I really need to watch the movie again slowly. I just think the whole 3 hrs and overwhelming sub plots was a bit too much for me at one time
    oh yeah, i gotta say the subplots get me quarter way thru....lol....and what the hell with calypso and davy? calypso is supposed to be the one defeating davy jones and the dutchman, but in the end what did she really do? creating that whirlpool?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Who did the girl choose?
    you mean, elizabeth swann? dont tell me you hadnt seen it yet, gu....too busy with work, is it?

click to show/hide spoilers
    She chose Will, and they even got married in the middle of the battle between Beckett's and Davy's men with the rest of the pirates....real cool stuff....haha....too bad they can only be together 1 day every ten years....that somehow reminds me of YG&XLN.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

oh a reminder for everyone who haven't watch.. possibly a bit too late as most ppl who are eager to watch would have seen it by now..

stay on till the credits finish rolling.. extra scene awaits..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    stay on till the credits finish rolling.. extra scene awaits..
    im so pissed i missed that one! i went to see it yesterday and only read sha*sha's post afterwards....i avoided this thread cuz i was worried that i might see spoilers....dammit, i forgot all about the spoiler tags....

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post

you mean, elizabeth swann? dont tell me you hadnt seen it yet, gu....too busy with work, is it?
    Yeah, I've been too busy to even call my friends to say hi nowadays. No wonder everyones mad at me. Wahhhh only if I was rich.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Wahhhh only if I was rich.
    funny how that came from a person who bought land in Thailand when i cant even afford a car!

funny how that came from a person who bought land in Thailand when i cant even afford a car!
    Wow you still remember!! Honey, to buy land in Thailand doesn't require you to be rich.

see, you already have the alternative. why dont you develop that land for agriculture stuff or something, on top of having a house for you to go when youre visiting your family there? you could be on your way to richness, Gu!!

when are you gonna watch PoC, btw? dont tell me you work on weekends too!

see, you already have the alternative. why dont you develop that land for agriculture stuff or something, on top of having a house for you to go when youre visiting your family there? you could be on your way to richness, Gu!!

when are you gonna watch PoC, btw? dont tell me you work on weekends too!
    LOL, agriculture? You know how much it costs to grow something there? Think of all that you need to buy. First you need the whole place burnt cause it's almost like a forest right now. Trees and shrubs pulled out. Thousands of dollars will be needed to just prep the land. Then you need to buy tractors and other farming equipments. Add another few thousands of dollars to that. Then hire people to actually take care of the place. Put in electricity. Water irrigation. OH MY! I would be dead by the time I could provide for all that! Don't you want me to get at least a day off? And than you don't know if the crops will be good because right now they're focusing on not using chemicals on plants. And trust me there are A LOT of bugs that would love to sink their teeth into fresh crop. Please don't make me feel like I should work more.

And I don't know when I'll get to see it, my schedule for June so far only has 3 days off. The rest are all work days.

LOL it was just a thought....everyone here make it look easy to start off with agriculture....prolly cuz the current gov been endorsing agri.....so lots of financial aid for farmers to utilize.....i know it's hard to start anything at all.....but hard work pays later, right....so your sweat now counts for every penny that you earn later...oh god, what the hell am i yakking about? getting rich is hard, everyone knows that...

ok, to those who have watched PoC3, care to enlighten me on the deal between Jack and becket? i also forgot that one too many subplots to remember.....

LOL it was just a thought....everyone here make it look easy to start off with agriculture....prolly cuz the current gov been endorsing agri.....so lots of financial aid for farmers to utilize.....i know it's hard to start anything at all.....but hard work pays later, right....so your sweat now counts for every penny that you earn later...oh god, what the hell am i yakking about? getting rich is hard, everyone knows that...
    Yes, there are lower interest rate loans for farmers, but they have to be living in that country. I'm on the other side of the world! And all my hard work does pay off when I get my pay, but it's gone within 4 days. Damn those bills!

ok, to those who have watched PoC3, care to enlighten me on the deal between Jack and becket? i also forgot that one too many subplots to remember.....
    Yea a lot of subplots to keep in mind

Wasn't the deal something to do with jack leader beckett to the fortress of the pirates? (which didn't look that fortified to me)

why's he hiding in there? perve.

Quote Originally Posted by sha*sha View Post

Wasn't the deal something to do with jack leader beckett to the fortress of the pirates? (which didn't look that fortified to me)
    yeah, i know bout jack's part of the deal, but what does he gain from beckett? the black pearl? killing davy jones to gain eternal life at sea? i seem to forget what was he expecting to get if he leads beckett into shipwreck cove

lol kinda weird asking and answering in spoilers.....

oh yeah, i gotta say the subplots get me quarter way thru....lol....and what the hell with calypso and davy? calypso is supposed to be the one defeating davy jones and the dutchman, but in the end what did she really do? creating that whirlpool?

Hahaha!

Yep... and that was so disappointing. She did nothing except to grow big, scream, turn into crabs and create that maelstrom. @.@;;;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

the part when she grew into a giant reminded me of the giant in Bridge to Terabithia....

the part when she grew into a giant reminded me of the giant in Bridge to Terabithia....
    Mmm. I watched this a few days ago.
    I'll have to say.. I'm disappointed by how Calypso and Davy Jones turned out to be; it's like they have no closure.
    I thought she would be the one to kill Davy Jones instead when William told her that he betrayed her

Still like this movie loads though.. I think it's better than Spiderman 3. =p

I watched this movie yesterday. Oh man, halfway through the movie, I had to go pee. I was in the middle aisle and did not want to bother people by passing by them in the aisle way. So I held it in.

It did not help that in the movie, it was raining!!! And all those long cannons shooting. And the pirates "Fire." Good gosh, I almost was unable to hold it. I was thinking the whole time "You got to be kidding me."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Hahaha!

Yep... and that was so disappointing. She did nothing except to grow big, scream, turn into crabs and create that maelstrom. @.@;;;
    LOL -
    the part when she shakes and screams (because of the ropes they bound her with) was funny and sort of pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I watched this movie yesterday. Oh man, halfway through the movie, I had to go pee. I was in the middle aisle and did not want to bother people by passing by them in the aisle way. So I held it in.

It did not help that in the movie, it was raining!!! And all those long cannons shooting. And the pirates "Fire." Good gosh, I almost was unable to hold it. I was thinking the whole time "You got to be kidding me."
    Haha it happens

why's he hiding in there? perve.

Oh, you poor dear.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

having the need to pee while in the cinema is the worst! one, it's cold with the air-conditioning and that certainly doesnt help holding it in, two, i hate people coming in late cuz they block my view, so same thing i dont wanna be part of blocking other people's view too, and three, i dont wanna miss out anything after the 11bucks i paid to be here!

the exact reason why i never buy drinks from the counter before going in....