1 2.33%
  • 3 - Carmen

7 16.28%
  • 4 - I Believe

18 41.86%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET A Capella - Final Round

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    This one, I going to save my votes, as compared to the BGM Finals.
    oh the mind games!!
    even the best commentators will be cautious with their analysis of probable winners!!!
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Yeah, it sure is very tough like a final exam. Man, all those results look so compatible, its always down by 2 picks.

I'm speechless...well not quite.

#1 - Nice full and clear voice. Good pitch, very difficult to maintain when singing a cappella. A little less vibrato would be better, but this is a very minor thing, and better than none. Simply wonderful!

#2 - Good range and this song puts it to the test - good job! Excellent pitch but just a little shaky on the high notes. Maybe it's the song, but some notes seemed cut short, almost spoken - try sustaining more. Sounds like a very difficult song, so nicely done.

#3 - Plosives were a problem, nothing wrong with your voice though. Love the song, I hum it alot at work. Nice dynamics and pitch overall, and good range. Very nice.

#4 - Excellent pitch and clarity. Nice work on the range jumps, you stayed on key throughout. Could sustain some of the notes longer. Very natural and moving.

A cappella is very difficult and you all did a great job! <standing ovation> I enjoyed listening to all of you. Thanks for making my day a little brighter
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    I'm speechless...well not quite.

#1 - Nice full and clear voice. Good pitch, very difficult to maintain when singing a cappella. A little less vibrato would be better, but this is a very minor thing, and better than none. Simply wonderful!

#2 - Good range and this song puts it to the test - good job! Excellent pitch but just a little shaky on the high notes. Maybe it's the song, but some notes seemed cut short, almost spoken - try sustaining more. Sounds like a very difficult song, so nicely done.

#3 - Plosives were a problem, nothing wrong with your voice though. Love the song, I hum it alot at work. Nice dynamics and pitch overall, and good range. Very nice.

#4 - Excellent pitch and clarity. Nice work on the range jumps, you stayed on key throughout. Could sustain some of the notes longer. Very natural and moving.

A cappella is very difficult and you all did a great job! <standing ovation> I enjoyed listening to all of you. Thanks for making my day a little brighter
    In #3's defense, I think she was using a karoke CD and had to stop at certain parts because it was background music. So that shouldn't really be a factor, unless they were to edit using Audacity or something, which wasn't really required. Just to keep in mind for future people voting.

Title: Broken Vow
    Artist: Lara Fabian
    Language: English

COMMENTS: I chose this song because of the meaning. Basically, it is about letting someone go even if you have some intimate attachments to them. You let someone go while you suffer as they move on in life. Yeah, tis my mood right now ^_^ Lara Fabian is a very good singer, I can not even compare.
    it was a very good rendition! it was an extremely difficult song and i salute u for doin' exceptionally great!

Title: Fan Sau Zhong Yiu Zoi Yue Teen
    Artist: Jacky Cheung
    Language: Cantonese

COMMENTS:
    I always felt bad that my four-voice effort seemed to be a bit outside the spirit in which the acapella division was done, and with four voices it's not surprising that it sounded better than it was. Thank you everyone for your kind words and support, and here I present a song which feels much more right for the competition. It's not as good as my earlier entry, and certainly nowhere near that of the other excellent entries in the acapella division, but it's probably the best I can do, and for some reason I feel very
    proud of it! Hope you like it too.
    it was as good as ur earlier entry, if not, even better! im proud of it too (ur entry, that is! )

Title: Carmen
    Artist: Li Yan Ping
    Language: Mandarin

COMMENTS: This song is an old song and has been sung by many singers including, most recently, by Charmaine Sheh in the TVB series 'Glittering Days'. I chose Li Yan Ping's version because that is the version I have in my collection of karaoke VCDs, thus, I'm most familiar with this version. But my version is not an exact replica of Li Yan Ping's version because I need to cut short the song to below 2mins and modify it to be more suitable for a rendition without background music. But the most major difference is of course my rendition is very much inferior to Li Yan Ping's great rendition of the song. But I still hope u guys will like it. ;-) Cheers!!!
    i was amazed at how u hit the high notes bang!!! it was awesome! it gives me a 'classic' feel....

Title: I Believe
    Artist: Fan Yi Chen
    Language: Mandarin

COMMENTS: This song is originally in Korean, and is the theme from the Korean romantic comedy 'My Sassy Girl' (awesome movie BTW). Unfortunately I had to do the Mandarin cover since I can't pronounce the Korean words. Hope I didn't butcher the song too much m(_ _)m
    a superb rendition indeed! i wud like to add that a local artist of my country made a version of this song in our language and ur rendition was way way way better than his!!! when i heard his rendition, i was like...OH PLEASE Y BUTCHER AN AWESOME SONG but when i heard this one, i was like, WOW!....*clap clap clap *
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

where is bella by the way? havent seen any of her posts in ages....
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    In #3's defense, I think she was using a karoke CD and had to stop at certain parts because it was background music. So that shouldn't really be a factor, unless they were to edit using Audacity or something, which wasn't really required. Just to keep in mind for future people voting.
    I don't think #3 used a karaoke CD. She did say she shortened and modified the song to be more suitable for singing accapella. Furthermore, I have heard Li Yan Ping's version before. It's a bit different from #3's rendition in terms of note stretching (which notes were stretched/held for a long time). Also, #3 combined the beginning part of the song to the ending part and omitted out the middle part.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Hmm, that's strange...why didn't she just edit out the background music parts then? I noticed pauses too, but it didn't seem like she was really singing anything, rather that she was using pacing.

Hmm, that's strange...why didn't she just edit out the background music parts then? I noticed pauses too, but it didn't seem like she was really singing anything, rather that she was using pacing.
    Which part are u talking about? I didn't hear any background music. If u are talking about the sound between the last 2 verses. I thought she was just humming the music. Maybe she thought it would sound weird having the last few verses sang right after one another (in the original version there are pauses between the verses that are filled in by music) but leaving a long pause of silent doesn't sound good either.

Anyway, we will never know the answer until #3 clarifies for us (if she chooses to reveal herself) after the finale.

On another note: Wow, Sugar is leading in both divisions. I think the $20 voucher is half way to her pocket already.
    Sugar. are u telling the truth that u have no professional training?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-09-07 at 03:03 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

i don't think that's a good defence net, because technically, it's not fair to use background music while singing acappella. The point of acappella is to sustain the tonality without any background music.

btw kidd... i told you, humour me by pretending anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    i don't think that's a good defence net, because technically, it's not fair to use background music while singing acappella.
    didn't u get enough sleep last night?
    it was oh wise yearning that made the comment about #3 singing
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    argh... you guys had an argument somewhere and i somehow morphed you into one person.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    i was wonderin why triple 0 referred to yearning as net too...i tot i just didnt understant what i read
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    argh... you guys had an argument somewhere and i somehow morphed you into one person.
    *gasps* Morphed into ONE PERSON? NEVER!!!!!

I guess you're right about the a capella thing, she probably didn't even sing w/ background music, but even so, I don't think it's such a crime because the listeners still don't hear the background.

Why else would 0-0-0 refer to others as Net? Why else would 0-0-0 remember the words uttered by others as divinely Net's? Why else would she concede that Net is an "unrivalled [insert lover/boyfriend/husband here]" so publicly over the forum without the slightest tinge of embarrassment?

There ... It wasn't too subtle, was it?

lol! someone sounds like a jealous lover.

0-0-0 and net sitting on a tree....
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by lailac View Post
    lol! someone sounds like a jealous lover.
    So true, so true... just coz i rejected him!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...postcount=1196

Anyway, you'd appreciate net's bandwidth too if you were on dialup.

I guess you're right about the a capella thing, she probably didn't even sing w/ background music, but even so, I don't think it's such a crime because the listeners still don't hear the background.
    I don't think she did either. If she did she wouldn't have needed to hum those four notes during the break.

You can tell she's using the same microphone from the first round, though.. poor thing!

what da heck??? why is this so hard???

i can't pick b/w i believe and ka men.

ka men was harder to sing.
    i believe had the emotional attachment