View Poll Results: Who suffered the most misery?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Duan Yu/Duen Yu, because of Wang Yuyan and Murong Fu

0 0%
  • Xiao Feng/Qiao Feng/Kiu Fung

31 44.29%
  • Yang Guo/Yeung Gor

19 27.14%
  • Di Yun/Dik Wan

16 22.86%
  • (another)

4 5.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which main character endured the most suffering and hardship?

Xiao Feng's life was only hard the last couple years. Many of his hardships is his own damn fault. I have little sympathy for people who bring sorrow upon themselves.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 06-18-07 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Xiao Feng's life was only hard the last couple years. Many of his hardships is his own damn fault. I have little sympathy for people who bring sorrow upon themselves.
    *Cough* *Cough*...Yeung Gor...*Cough* *Cough*

Wang Chongyang was a moron.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Ah, I was going to post a few words about Duan Yu... Probably, many are waiting for a justification, and actually, I think he may have suffered more than Qiao Feng.

Qiao Feng suffered a lot, but at least he had the martial arts to kick EVERY single enemy's ***. Sometimes kick all of their asses combined. On the other hand, Duan Yu was pretty helpless most of the time. Even though he learned 6MSJ, but it doesn't work half of the time! His heart was always being broken by Wang Yuyan. Xiao Feng only thought about Ah Zhu 3 or 4 times after she died, but Duan Yu thought about Wang Yuyan ALL THE FREAKING TIME! The suffering of the heart cannot be undermined.

At least, Qiao Feng was VERY independent and could survive on his own. But Duan Yu was VERY dependent on Wang Yuyan, and if she didn't pay attention to him, he would feel worse than if someone physically abused him.

Qiao Feng was lucky in that he had the personality to deal with any problem. He would let go much faster than Duan Yu.

OK, discuss please.
    I've lost my respect for DY
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    *Cough* *Cough*...Duan Yu...*Cough* *Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Wang Chongyang didn't kill the person he loved the most out of foolishness and arrogance. If anything, Xiao Feng was far more easily tricked and manipulated than just about any other of the major Jin Yong heroes next to Guo Jing.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 06-19-07 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The sins of the father...

Not really...the young YG got into alot of petty fights because of his arrogance and stubborn attitude..those were avoidable,but all the major trajadies and suffering he indured were not under his control.

Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody give me some background info on Di Yun? Thanks.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 06-19-07 at 03:08 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

*Cough* *Cough*...Qiao Feng...*Cough* *Cough*

What's with all the coughing? Lol, anyways, from what I've heard, I'd say Qiao Feng. I mean, he accidentally killed A Zhu!
    As for Yang Guo....
    ....no comment.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Whether or not he killed Ah Zhu was completely within Qiao Feng's control. As an example, if you're always driving fast or you're always driving under the influence, whatever bad things that happen because of it, is a tragedy to those that you hurt; you're just being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Seems to me that Duan Yu was added either because PJ couldn't think of anyone else or that he's trying to be cheeky.
    The only thing DY went through was a horribly doomed love life because of his father. Which was solved at the end of the book, happy life for him.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody give me some background info on Di Yun? Thanks.
    I'm not good at summarising a story. So, I'll just give some info in point form.

- Di Yun was a country bumpkin who was brought up by his master with his master's daughter, Chi Fang.
    - He loved Chi Fang.
    - He was later framed by Wan Gui for a crime he didn't commit and imprisoned with a madman for 4 years, so that Wai Gui can get his girl.
    - His girl didn't believe his innocence.
    - His pipa boned was clamped during the 4 years he's in prison.
    - He was often beaten and bullied by this madman while in prison.
    - His girl married Wan Gui.
    - He commited suicide, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because this convinced the madman Ding Dian that he's not a spy.
    - His days in prison became better and Ding Dian taught him Shen Zhao Jing.
    - He escaped from prison with Ding Dian, but Ding Dian died tragically, so, people were now after him for Ding Dian's secret.
    - He has to pull out his hair and beard with his own hands to disguise as a monk to keep himself and Ding Dian's body safe (he has promised Ding Dian to bury him with his beloved).
    - He got misuderstood as a lewd evil monk and thus hated, feared and hunted by many wulin people.
    - He got stuck in snow mountain with a girl Shui Sheng, and Huo Tie Gan, a coward who did many cowardly act while in the snow mountain, including begging his enemy for mercy thus refuse to take the chance to defeat his enemy to save his very injured 'brother', and eating his 'brothers' corpses for sustenance.
    - Shui Sheng earlier thought negatively of him, but later changed her opinion.
    - He got defamed by Huo Tie Gan (to save his own reputation) when they got out of snow mountain and became public enemy #1 again.
    - His girl, Chi Fang, got killed by her husband.
    - He found his master who betrayed him and tried to kill him.
    - After the business with the Lian Cheng secret was over, he resigned from the outside world and went to live in the isolated snow mountain with Chi Fang's daughter.
    - Shui Sheng was waiting for him there.

Yeah, he got some respite at the end, but, like Xiao Feng, he never got a break throughout the story. And he has no sworn brother or Liao King relative to back him up. His experience throughout the story was just grim.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-20-07 at 03:12 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm not good at summarising a story. So, I'll just give some info in point form.

- Din Yun was a country bumpkin who was brought up by his master with his master's daughter, Chi Fang.
    - He loved Chi Fang.
    - He was later framed by Wan Gui for a crime he didn't commit and imprisoned with a madman for 4 years, so that Wai Gui can get his girl.
    - His girl didn't believe his innocence.
    - His pipa boned was clamped during the 4 years he's in prison.
    - He was often beaten and bullied by this madman while in prison.
    - His girl married Wan Gui.
    - He commited suicide, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because this convince the madman Ding Dian that he's not a spy.
    - His days in prison became better and Ding Dian taught him Shen Zhao Jing.
    - He escaped from prison with Ding Dian, but Ding Dian died tragically, so, people were now after him for Ding Dian's secret.
    - He has to pull out his hair and beard with his own hands to disguise as a monk to save keep himself and Ding Dian's body safe (he has promised Ding Dian to bring bury him with his beloved).
    - He got misuderstood as a lewd evil monk and thus hated, feared and hunted by many wulin people.
    - He got stuck in snow mountain with a girl Shui Sheng, and Huo Tie Gan, a coward who did many cowardly act while in the snow mountain, including begging his enemy for mercy thus refuse to take the chance to defeat his enemy to save his very injured 'brother', and eating his 'brothers' corpses for sustenance.
    - Shui Sheng earlier thought negatively of him, but later changed her opinion.
    - He got defamed by Huo Tie Gan (to save his own reputation) when they got out of snow mountain and became public enemy #1 again.
    - His girl, Chi Fang, got killed by her husband.
    - He found his master who betrayed him and tried to kill him
    - After the business with the Lian Cheng secret was over, he resigned from the outside world and went to live in the isolated snow mountain with Chi Fang's daughter.
    - Shui Sheng was waiting for him there.

Yeah, he got some respite at the end, but, like Xiao Feng, he never got a break throughout the story. And he has no sworn brother or Liao King relative to back him up. His experience throughout the story was just grim.
    Base on this, Di Yun got my vote.

*Cough* *Cough**Cough* *Cough*

yo, you people! go see the doctor lah! stop spreading the virus!

oh *cough!", I totally agree *cough*

ah, back to the topic.... QF, no wait. YG too. *cough* actually both are tragic case lah - and wait until i get my hands on the fella who started coughing ................

druid, smurf120, The Khan voted for (another). Who are they voting for?

druid and smuft120 mentioned ZWJ, what about The Khan?

Why is Duan Yu on the list? My second vote would go to Xiao Feng.

Thanks for the info Kidd, sounds very interesting(despite all the ish the main character went through). BTW, what novel is DY from? its not a JY novel is it?
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 06-20-07 at 12:08 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Whether or not he killed Ah Zhu was completely within Qiao Feng's control. As an example, if you're always driving fast or you're always driving under the influence, whatever bad things that happen because of it, is a tragedy to those that you hurt; you're just being stupid.
    Hmmm...the thing that makes me feel bad for him is that he thought he was killing him "chou ren" and having revenge....but his "chou ren" turned out to be A Zhu....I dunno how to explain the feelings I have on this matter though,....sorry.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Thanks for the info Kidd, sounds very interesting(despite all the ish the main character went through). BTW, what novel is DY from? its not a JY novel is it?
    It's a short novel written by Jin Yong called 'Lian Cheng Jue' (连城诀).