Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Xiao Long Nu's lightness kung fu better than Yang Guo's?

Default Why is Xiao Long Nu's lightness kung fu better than Yang Guo's?

If YG & XLN trained in the same type of lightness kung fu, why is her's better than YG's? surely, the Left/Right technique doesn't increase one's lightness arts, does it?

on a second though, would XLN be able to climb the city walls of Xiang Yang like GJ did? YG couldn't do it without making dents first (i think....unless i accidentally dreamed all this up)
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Dunno about after 16 years, but XLN had been training (a lot) longer than YG did. I don't recall YG trying to climb the walls (nor XLN for that matter). He had to use footsteps to get up to Dugu's sword tomb though.

As for climbing the wall itself, there are a number of special factors. First off, the particular skill GJ used is apparently not very common and was quite extraordinary. Second, it seems that using it to climb straight up is determined by your internal energy. It was stated that GJ would have reached the top, interference or no from GWM, if he had not expended a huge amount of energy the night before quelling and stabilizing YG's energy (supressing an opponent's internal energy utterly is easier than trying to do it safely without any risk of injury to the target as well as fixing the energy streams back into their right places).

Therefore, even if XLN had better lightness kungfu than GJ (not at all surprising if true), she still might not be able to scale the walls of Xiang Yang the way GJ did/could.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Dunno about after 16 years, but XLN had been training (a lot) longer than YG did. I don't recall YG trying to climb the walls (nor XLN for that matter). He had to use footsteps to get up to Dugu's sword tomb though.
    i would imagine though, after having mastered the lightness skill, the speed would depend more on the person's level of internal energy?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    i would imagine though, after having mastered the lightness skill, the speed would depend more on the person's level of internal energy?
    Don't think so, QQC and XLN had different internal energy but the difference was not apparent till XLN was tired.

Also, agree with Ken.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

She also trained in the Ancient Tomb sects martial arts/qinggong for longer, after all.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Part of the plot. No specific reason, JY most likely never thought of why, just like many other things he wrote.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    Part of the plot. No specific reason, JY most likely never thought of why, just like many other things he wrote.
    I agree. Same thing with her not improving her martial arts or internal energy after 16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I agree. Same thing with her not improving her martial arts or internal energy after 16 years.
    OT: Good karaoke you have on sound-click.
    Although can't hardly hear anything on the supermarket song
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    Don't think so, QQC and XLN had different internal energy but the difference was not apparent till XLN was tired.
    they trained in different arts though...ancient tomb lightness skill was suppose to be above iron palm lightness skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    She also trained in the Ancient Tomb sects martial arts/qinggong for longer, after all.
    does that mean that YG should've emerged as #1 in lightness skill afte the 16 yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    they trained in different arts though...ancient tomb lightness skill was suppose to be above iron palm lightness skill.

does that mean that YG should've emerged as #1 in lightness skill afte the 16 yrs?
    Seems to me that YG didn't concentrate alot on his lightness skill. Even during those 16 years, he's probably working on his internal energy, swordskill and the Sad Palms rather than his lightness skill.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

in terms of lihtskill, XLN, LMC and QQR rank top.
    second is yang guo, guo jing and ZBT.
    third are JLFW and the other greats.

yang guo only learnt anicent tomb skills of about five years before appearing in wulin. XLN and LMC had learned them for more then ten yrs. their lightskill had reached the formless level, yang guo stll had a level to go.

quezhen lightskill was learned last, after you had reached a sufficent level of inner power, all quezhen skill are based on inner power including the lightskill.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    in terms of lihtskill, XLN, LMC and QQR rank top.
    second is yang guo, guo jing and ZBT.
    third are JLFW and the other greats.
    Was Lee Mok Sau really that good in hing gung? Despite being an Ancient Tomb Sect member, she didn't give me the impression that her hing gung skills were top-notch. Very good, to be sure, but not in Little Dragon Girl or Kau Cheen Yan's class. Heck, maybe not even in East Heretic Wong Yerk See's class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Was Lee Mok Sau really that good in hing gung? Despite being an Ancient Tomb Sect member, she didn't give me the impression that her hing gung skills were top-notch. Very good, to be sure, but not in Little Dragon Girl or Kau Cheen Yan's class. Heck, maybe not even in East Heretic Wong Yerk See's class.
    Nah I think XLN was above her and the 2006 ROCH adapation producers thought so too with the umbrella scene where they had XLN running away saying (I'm certainly not your match but you can't defeat either, let's leave our seperate ways) or something like that, implies although LMC may have had superior internal and techniques but XLN had great evasive abilites and could run away with her hing gong.

Qing gong is XLN's specialized.

Just think of third generation of Quanzhen.
    All of disciples had learned the same martial arts, but somehow Zhao Zhijing is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
    Qing gong is XLN's specialized.

Just think of third generation of Quanzhen.
    All of disciples had learned the same martial arts, but somehow Zhao Zhijing is the best.
    Yeah, but his classmates weren't better than him in every other aspect.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    Yeah, but his classmates weren't better than him in every other aspect.
    his classmates also weren't decades older than him, like LMC was over XLN. she was at least 30 when XLN was 18...
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    i can't recall a reason for thinking that HYS was lower than any of the other Greats as far as qing gong was concerned. what makes you rank him lower?
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdays View Post
    i can't recall a reason for thinking that HYS was lower than any of the other Greats as far as qing gong was concerned. what makes you rank him lower?
    Actually, Ken placed HYS above the other greats, he didn't even mention any of the other greats.

I used Wong Yerk See as an example of a Great not particularly known for his hing gung (it's good, of course; you don't get to be a Great unless your hing gung is up there among the best) that being said, Wong Yerk See wasn't *especially* known for his hing gung.