Thread: Need help.

Default Need help.

I'm looking for someone to make or teach me how to make a banner. Something of this quality. Please PM me if you can help out. In return, I'm willing to do anything, well maybe not everything, but if it's something I can do I would do it.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6606/58828270132850553lm5.jpg')

ANYTHING? are u sure? too bad i can't make a banner like that lol, actually i can but it'll take alot of times.

what they're doing is alot of masking and opacity with photoshop, the small stuff like butterfies and crap like that are add on. that's 3 big images with a couple small add on with masking + opacity settings.

Um actually if u go to photoshop tutorial website they'll show u how to do this stuff, i'm not too good with photoshop so i can't help u.

actually, now that i think about it, there might be other software that's specificly for banner creation, i do not happen to know any but i'm sure it's out there, photoshop might be a little too much for this stuff.
    Last edited by warlock110; 08-03-07 at 09:53 PM.

You're not even going to give it a try?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    You're not even going to give it a try?
    naw, that means i got to go wip out my tutorial DVD and books, i'm too lazy to read right now haha.

http://iit.bloomu.edu/vthc/Photoshop...ts/opacity.htm

found u a link, that might give u an idea of how it works. photopshop is a really fun program to use, u should just learn the basic, it's really cool.

what are u making the banner for? there's a tons of effect/layer styling u can do as well as fonts, if it's not too complicated i think you'll just need to do some really really quick reading and it'll be fine.

i think that small tutorial should do it's job, however if u want it to be more refine, read up on masking, it'll help u with creating curves instead of straight up line cutting like the tutorial (u can actually do curve cut instead of straight cut like in the tutorial), the small stuff is up to you, by default photoshop has craps like leaves and flowers and stuff like that, additional images will have to be find somehwere else.
    Last edited by warlock110; 08-03-07 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    naw, that means i got to go wip out my tutorial DVD and books, i'm too lazy to read right now haha.

http://iit.bloomu.edu/vthc/Photoshop...ts/opacity.htm

found u a link, that might give u an idea of how it works. photopshop is a really fun program to use, u should just learn the basic, it's really cool.

what are u making the banner for? there's a tons of effect/layer styling u can do as well as fonts, if it's not too complicated i think you'll just need to do some really really quick reading and it'll be fine.

i think that small tutorial should do it's job, however if u want it to be more refine, read up on masking, it'll help u with creating curves instead of straight up line cutting like the tutorial (u can actually do curve cut instead of straight cut like in the tutorial), the small stuff is up to you, by default photoshop has craps like leaves and flowers and stuff like that, additional images will have to be find somehwere else.
    I can't tell you what it's for cause you don't want to even try it.

Thanks for the link though.

Gugu, you should probably fiddle around with a few things.
    - Gaussian blur
    - Opacity
    - Feathering
    - Lightness, contrast
    - Use layer sets
    - Find some pretty patterns and things that might set the background

i cant help sorry.... computer is just not my thing
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I can help.
    Do you have Photoshop? Or if ya want, just send me the pix and tell me what ya want and I can hook you up. And err...it shouldn't take too long. Just a few layers and cutting with feather etc. in photoshop.

All I want in return is a picture of you. hahahah J/K

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    I can help.
    Do you have Photoshop? Or if ya want, just send me the pix and tell me what ya want and I can hook you up. And err...it shouldn't take too long. Just a few layers and cutting with feather etc. in photoshop.

All I want in return is a picture of you. hahahah J/K
    LOL A PIC OF ME? FINE! But first, I want to see a sample of what you have done.

if these things still exist, just take a few photos with those argh what you do you call it? neopic? lovegetty? You know those photo taking machines and it prints those photos on cards or small stickers?

Then scan them and cut and paste the images side by side and "tada" banner created.
    Last edited by KeongJai; 08-08-07 at 09:53 PM. Reason: oh yeah they're called neoprints

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    if these things still exist, just take a few photos with those argh what you do you call it? neopic? lovegetty? You know those photo taking machines and it prints those photos on cards or small stickers?

Then scan them and cut and paste the images side by side and "tada" banner created.
    Will I get the same quality as that picture I posted in the first post?

i dunno. depends how good your scanner is and how big you want your image - the bigger you stretch it the worse it will look.
    but you will get those spiffy backgrounds like in the picture in the first post.

Yea...first off you have to have good quality sources. You can never gain quality...only possible to go down in quality.

If you are using real pictures and they are small then scan them at a high resolution. Oh maybe 200ppi and up. That way you'll have the quality room to enlarge the image if need be. If a large picture, then you can prolly get away with scanning it at 150ppi.

If using net images...try finding big good quality images.

Finished image will eventually be 72ppi for net viewing anyways. But we work in higher quality just so we can enlarge etc. without noticable quality loss.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    they're expensive in australia

i would normally just search for them on the web, or i steal cute things off other people's banners

Okay, so I figured out the code for automatically playing songs on my forum. But now I need to know where to upload the song.

K...not sure what type of player/audio/file/flash you're using. But usually:

In the code, there should be a code string to direct to the audio/flash file.
    You can edit the code to direct it to point at the audio file where ever you want to store the audio file or you can put it according to the code. If the code is not pointing to any particular directory and just the filename, then just put the audio file in same directory as page.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    K...not sure what type of player/audio/file/flash you're using. But usually:

In the code, there should be a code string to direct to the audio/flash file.
    You can edit the code to direct it to point at the audio file where ever you want to store the audio file or you can put it according to the code. If the code is not pointing to any particular directory and just the filename, then just put the audio file in same directory as page.
    Ummmm that was like a foreign language to me. WTF? Please put it in step by step WITH song upload sites.. thanks

k...im not sure if i got what you saying from the first question. I thot you have the audio or flash file and the code to embed into your webpage ready?

PM me your code you mentioned.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Hi gugu,
    I know you mentioned about banner help, currently there is a Banner Contest: http://www.da-forums.org/viewtopic.php?p=48797#48797. I can't wait til the next one; topic is any banner pics with wings on it I'll try to keep posted, maybe you can join here and ask anyone there who's willing to help designing banners.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.