Thread: Why did 1 Deng not kill ZBT for sleeping around with his wife?

Default Why did 1 Deng not kill ZBT for sleeping around with his wife?

How did 1 Deng not kill ZBT?

Firstly, of course, ZBT was WCT's younger martial brother, and both were guests at his palace. He respected WCY greatly and probably would have let WCY handle the disciplining of his own people.

Secondly, Yideng felt that he had neglected Concubine Liu, and he thought that they both loved each other deeply. He also felt that women were just items and not worth having a fight with a "brother" for. He let Concubine Liu leave with ZBT, much to her delight and gratitude, believing that she would be better off with ZBT. It was only when ZBT rejected Concubine Liu and claimed ignorance of the wrongness of what he did that Yideng actually started to get angry. ZBT would rather die than marry Concubine Liu, and asked to die. Yideng refused to kill him, probably due to diplomacy, and also probably because ZBT's death would serve no purpose, at which point ZBT just said "in that case, I'm leaving" and ran off, leaving Concubine Liu unwanted by both parties.

I'm actually more disappointed with WCY for not killing ZBT rather than Yideng. I really, really hated ZBT in that scene - his irresponsibility, childishness and arrogance were just unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I'm actually more disappointed with WCY for not killing ZBT rather than Yideng. I really, really hated ZBT in that scene - his irresponsibility, childishness and arrogance were just unforgivable.
    He was like that in most of his scenes. Like the time he was supposed to look after the sick Hong Qigong and he walked away and left Hong to die.
    Last edited by PJ; 07-22-11 at 10:57 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Hui Man-Keung View Post
    How did 1 Deng not kill ZBT?
    ZBT was WCY close martial brother. If 1 Deng killed ZBT, he would make enemy with WCY, something he would not want. In addition, WCY was pretty nice to him the whole time.