Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do Asian males listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Asian males also listen to pop lah. Not sure about now, but my male friends during my uni years listen to Alan Tam, Jacky Cheung, Chang Yu-Sheng, Tarcy Su and Faye Wong. Lots of them like Faye Wong actually. One of my male friends like Teresa Teng very much too.

I believe Beyond should be quite popular amount males too.

Maybe asians male are not too concern about looking 'sissy', so they don't mind listening to pop. Not that I think pop is sissy. I just thought this might be the perception of the american males since you said they avoid soft and pop music.
    Yeah, I think that Asian males are not quite as concerned as Europeans and especially not as much as Americans. I visit a hockey forum that has a majority of male participation and there's a section for Entertainment discussion and when they talk about music, I often see the more hardcore genre mentioned. And because most are white males, they also don't like rap and hip hop. Someone created a thread about Kanye and 50 Cent and you know what was the title? "Non hater hip hop fans: Kanye vs. 50" . You gotta put a defence shield before you talk about hip hop. Metallica often pops up during conversations whether good or bad and some have this hatred toward anything emo. Emo is the the "out" word at the moment, no one wants to be associated with emo and that word is spit out constantly left and right when insulting. Despite these culture barriers, I like reading their comments a lot because they are quite informed in many things and are very eloquent.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Metallica is still mainstream[Rocknroll/country/pop/instrumental/hardrock], but we all know their the one's who stopped Napster. So they got that slapped and stamped on their record history, as a result they helped created and innovated other networking/sharing companies[international/domestically] and uploading twice as more than Napster.

As for the Hip-hop, you need alot of facts to back your comment; music history, etc. If you don't listen to hip-hop because its not your taste of preference is fine with me; there will be some discontiunity in topics, lack of knowledge. Because everyone listens to all different kinds of music; even if you listen to the old guy across the street singing 1920's song. The point if you like your music genre support it with music history; hey go show them. In the music world, there are hater's and lover's in the type of music thats out there; thats life.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Sure you can, but really, you're not Asian? What are you? I thought that only Asians hang around here.
    Yea. I'm not asian. I think I posted a few posts saying what I am. I'm 1/2 British and 1/2 Australian.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Asian males also listen to pop lah. Not sure about now, but my male friends during my uni years listen to Alan Tam, Jacky Cheung, Chang Yu-Sheng, Tarcy Su and Faye Wong. Lots of them like Faye Wong actually. One of my male friends like Teresa Teng very much too.
    aww, you've got cool friends. Some of my male friends like Jolin

anyway, my male friends generally listen to JJ Lin, Will Pan, Lee Hom, Jackie Cheung, David Tao. There's the occasional F4, Rain, Fahrenheit, DBSK, Shinwha fan amongst them. On the female side I'd say S.H.E, Jolin, Joey Yung maybe? The males i know seem to like male artists better than female artists because they prefer rap, hip hop, RnB style.

I grew up in America so my musical tastes differ from those who grew up in Asia.

I personally listen to mostly older singers and/or older style Chinese music like:
    Jonathan Lee
    Emil Chou
    Sarah Chen
    Winnie Hsin
    Fish Leong
    Tracy Huang

Among newer style acts the only one I really listen to is F.I.R.

My cousins who grew up in Asia generally listen to the likes of Jay Chou, Wang LeeHom, and MayDay.

Most of the kids at my school go with whatever's "Mainstream Music".

Now, I'm not saying I'm guilty of this (because I am, unfortunately) but I also tend to go with music that's somewhat alternative or different from the rest. A bit of everything.

But just to name a few, I love to listen to:

Missy Higgins
    Regina Spektor
    Evanescence
    Dido
    Kelly Clarkson
    Immogen Heap

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Most of the kids at my school go with whatever's "Mainstream Music".

Now, I'm not saying I'm guilty of this (because I am, unfortunately) but I also tend to go with music that's somewhat alternative or different from the rest. A bit of everything.

But just to name a few, I love to listen to:

Missy Higgins
    Regina Spektor
    Evanescence
    Dido
    Kelly Clarkson
    Immogen Heap
    All of the artists you've listed are female. Hmm... nothing is impossible, but I think that you're a gal who didn't read the question properly, am I right?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?