Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bonniec1 View Post
    I just found this clip on youtube- Xiezhi is so cute here- I think it's adorable how he loves to hug people, especially Mengzhe.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZwZhRDtrg
    Yes, Tony is very cute also funny. I thinks Tony like hug Zac Wang and Mengzhe , its really funny. He really like kidding Thanks Bonniec for the video, I like it
    Last edited by Sillyana; 09-06-08 at 02:11 AM.

Full Count is basically a comedy/romance. Andy Chen Yi plays a salesclerk in an electronics company who is in love with his co-worker, Xiao Qiao, but doesn't have the nerve to tell her. Xiao Qiao also has feelings for Chen Yi, but doesn't tell him. In the middle of this, Xiezhi plays the boss's son, who is also in love with Xiao Qiao, but she has no feelings for him. Qiao Qiao (Joanne from Sweety) plays an eccentric who suddenly falls in love with Chen Yi. The problem with this series is that the story just doesn't get anywhere. It only started to get interesting near the last 4 episodes. I still bought it since Xiezhi was in it. It's not a terrible series, but it is boring.
    The ratings in taiwan are horrible and they blamed XZ on it. Which doesn't make sense because he's just a side character. I won't even call him a second lead there.

I think someone recently said that the media are trying to portray XZ as a 'poison' to ratings, so even if the ratings arn't that bad for zqmtx, they still call it awful.

You're welcome, Sillyana- I really thought it was such a cute clip.

Anyways, I agree with you, hotasuki, that Xiezhi was not really a second lead in Full Count. He really didn't appear that much except for the last few episodes. Plus it really didn't make sense why the Taiwanese media was trying to blame the low ratings on him. I really don't understand why they are trying to make him a scapegoat for ZQMTX's ratings either. It is not even getting really low ratings anyways. I mean it has been at #2 since it premiered. Luckily, it seems that because of ZQMTX, Xiezhi has converted a lot of non-fans into fans of his acting.

yep yep. Actually me included. I liked 5566 before but my fav was actually Zax. Thought that XZ was 'shuai' character wise, but it's only until ZQMTX that it started to border onto an obsession. Kinda of feel happy for them as not only XZ but also zax that are trying to break away from the image of being an idol and trying out new stuff to be known for talent instead. Was watching how zax got 'slammed' really badly during the practice session for the play he's going to be performing in, in WQYL. And really felt like killing chen handian when he interrupted Zax at the end of last friday's kangxi.

I was also reading the ZQMTX forum and saw how the viewers were commenting that the show should be renamed ba zhang man tian xia instead. Ha ha! Basically they felt that so far it's been a really painful show to watch, as they're always being slapped around, not only mingjie's role. Every week's a struggle as I couldn't bear to start watching but once I do, I get hooked.

I was watching the end of ep 49, then was thinking, 'WOOH-O!' All of XZ's fans must be really envious of shaofang now! Ha ha! Was reading a forum where a fan was ranting at dehui for kissing 'her XZ' earlier in the show, Imagine what must she be feeling when watching that scene. Ha ha!

Ha ha, hotasuki- I know what you mean. I think I am obsessed with Xiezhi- even more so after seeing his acting in ZQMTX. I mean he's always been a good actor, but his work in this role is really impressive.

That's funny about the fan ranting about how Shaofang was getting to kiss 'her' Xiezhi. I was a little envious though.

Yeah I like all of 5566 and I am glad they are trying new things. Wonder how Zax's stageplay is doing? Is it running yet? I think they are performing in Vietnam again this week?

I think Tony and Zax is very Shuai I'm sure 5566 can improve they acting and become the best actor
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/10yh179.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/21272043616419l.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/56go5-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/imz07rghqao1199498242.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/intro.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/NewImage.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/tgrmv.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/tonyzaxpc.jpg')
    Last edited by Sillyana; 09-08-08 at 07:16 AM.

in the ZQMTX forum, many fans were saying that the ratings were caused by the bad plot or rather the typical plot. I was just thinking, why don't they just reference XZ's life story? Previously I was already thinking out of all the artists out there, past & present, I don't really remember any other person with an even more dramatic life that his. If XZ stays in the entertainment circle till his 50-60s, it'll definitely be make into a series. And he's only in his early 30's.

If you want to, you can even start the story from his parents. I mean like it's a story well know to most people, it's about a well know personality, the familiarity itself will be a draw to the crowd. And it sell overseas.

The only thing I can think of to not do this is because it'll probably be a painful reminder to his mum.

Hmm looks like the ratings went down a bit last week without Xiezhi ( I think he was only in one episode):

http://showbiz.chinatimes.com/Chinat...970707,00.html

1 娘家 (民視) 5.66
    2 真情滿天下 (三立) 3.67 ZQMTX
    3 六個孩子(中視)(9/1-9/4) 2.55
    4 懷玉傳奇千金媽祖(台視) 2.22
    5 鹿鼎記(中視) (9/5) 1.01
    6 歡喜來逗陣(華視) 0.99

Interesting to see what this week's ratings will be like.

Yeah- I think Xiezhi's life so far has been really interesting and I admire him for his continued hard work and persistence. His talent is obvious, but I just hope he gets even more recognition. I hope he comes out with another book too.
    Last edited by bonniec1; 09-08-08 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotasuki View Post
    in the ZQMTX forum, many fans were saying that the ratings were caused by the bad plot or rather the typical plot. I was just thinking, why don't they just reference XZ's life story? Previously I was already thinking out of all the artists out there, past & present, I don't really remember any other person with an even more dramatic life that his. If XZ stays in the entertainment circle till his 50-60s, it'll definitely be make into a series. And he's only in his early 30's.

If you want to, you can even start the story from his parents. I mean like it's a story well know to most people, it's about a well know personality, the familiarity itself will be a draw to the crowd. And it sell overseas.

The only thing I can think of to not do this is because it'll probably be a painful reminder to his mum.
    Yes, you right hotasuki, but I don't understand about His parents?? what happen? I never hear about his parents or his mum, can you tell me??

anyway, I thinks maybe the story that film which boring, not actor who starring that film because I know acting XZ is very good and I like his acting

Agree that his real-life story makes a good plot but I rather it is not made into a show as it may be painful for Xiezhi. There are also other celebrities whose life is also not smooth-going but I guess Xiezhi's story is more eye-catching because of his parents (e.g. Raine Yang & Ariel Lin also from single-parent family who both went into showbiz to pay off debts incurred by their parents and Tang Feng/Tang JiaHao who was dubbed "male Cinderalla" in a talk show).

Xiezhi's mum may not be a famous star but I think some of the older celebrities do know her. As for his dad, though he is not well-known as an individual but because he came from a very famous Taiwan opera-family, Ming Hua Yuan so most people knows who he is.

When watching ZQMTX, I kept thinking that his mum is like ZhiHong. Like him, her intentions may be basically good but instead of helping Xiezhi, her actions could hurt or harm him more. I feel that she should stop treating Xiezhi as if he is a stupid and gullible guy whom everyone is out to cheat or take advantage of. She should also stop blaming everyone else (except herself) if her relationship with Xiezhi is not well or when his career is not as good as before.

Btw, his mum has also been criticising Sun Zhong and she has also said that she hates Shaowei (yes, she used the word "hate" 恨). Luckily Xiezhi has a good reputation in showbiz else I don't think anyone dares to go near him for fear of being scolded by her. And I also wonder how often does he has to apologise to his friends for his mum's attacks on them.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-09-08 at 10:01 AM.

Hmm looks like the ratings went down a bit last week without Xiezhi ( I think he was only in one episode):

http://showbiz.chinatimes.com/Chinat...970707,00.html

1 娘家 (民視) 5.66
    2 真情滿天下 (三立) 3.67 ZQMTX
    3 六個孩子(中視)(9/1-9/4) 2.55
    4 懷玉傳奇千金媽祖(台視) 2.22
    5 鹿鼎記(中視) (9/5) 1.01
    6 歡喜來逗陣(華視) 0.99

Interesting to see what this week's ratings will be like.
    Xiezhi appeared in 3 of last week's episodes, from Mon to Wed episodes 49 to 51. He appeared alot in episode 51 and that was when he acknowledged his biological father and even forgave ShuQing.

Btw, there was a verbal spat between Sun Zhong and Chen ZhaoRong on who should be responsible for the ratings. Sun Zhong is well-known to shoot off his mouth but I am surprised at Chen ZhaoRong's arrogance. Oh well, the main point that caught my attention was Chen ZhaoRong saying that Mingjie will return with a new female lead and he would probably not end up with XiaoFang.

In fact I had wondered if Mingjie's exit was final especially since Settv seems to have to appease their "yi ge" Chen ZhaoRong by giving him a bigger role and ensure that his character is not overshadowed by Mingjie. At least this sentence gave the assurance that Mingjie will return and I hope that the writers will not blacken the character of Mingjie in order to promote ZhiHong/ShiChang as the ultimate good guy.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-09-08 at 05:50 AM.

Wow- I am really, really surprised at Xiezhi's mom using the word 'hate' to describe her feelings about Shaowei. I wonder why she wrote that? About Sun Zhong I can somewhat understand since he is not the best manager and sometimes I really feel Xiezhi and 5566 are under promoted.

Regarding ZQMTX, I agree with you, exadel, that Mingjie should not be turned into a villian just so that 'yi ge' Chen Zhaorong can be the good guy. That would really be a waste. Hopefully this weeks ratings will show that more people were watching the episodes with Xiezhi than the episodes without.

Well, I feel that Sun Zhong is not a shrewd manager and his "foul" mouth could have antagonised a lot of important people which is why Jstar artistes do not get enough exposure or assignments. Nevertheless, I believe he genuinely loves 5566 especially Xiezhi and Renfu whom he regards as his sons.

But Xiezhi's mum, in her usual harsh and unforgiving language said that Sun Zhong is not the "father figure" he claims to be. Instead, he treats her son as a mere money-making tool and is only making use of Xiezhi to make as much money as possible. She scoffs at the fact that Sun Zhong is leaving Jungiery to Xiezhi. She claims that there are a lot of skeletons and legal wrongdoings in Jungiery and her naive son will only suffer when he inherits the company. So in her mind, Sun Zhong is using Xiezhi as a scapegoat to clear up the mess he left behind.

In my opinion, Sun Zhong is running a company not a charitable organisation. Of course, he has to "make use" of his stars to make money else how is he going to feed his staff. Personally, I feel that it was sweet of Sun Zhong to leave Jungiery to Xiezhi, even though the company may not be doing as well as before. But then, they have branches in China and Vietnam so it can't be doing so badly either.

As for Shaowei ... it is because of DXQ. Actually, Xiezhi & DXQ had co-hosted a show together way back in 2002(?) but according to the gossip news, it was through Shaowei that they got to know each other better and became an item. Shaowei knew DXQ for a very long time, even before they entered showbiz because they had the same dance teacher. Well, Xiezhi's mum hates DXQ intensely claiming that she ruined Xiezhi's career and finances. So naturally she hates Shaowei for "conspiring" with DXQ to cheat her naive son. She wrote something like that ... Shaowei fooled me so how can I not hate him.

Quite a number of celebrities behave differently on and off screen so we really do not know their real personalities. But somehow I trust that the real-life personalities of 5566 are almost like what we see on screen. Besides, Sun Zhong is such a blunt fellow who never sugar-coats his words so I don't think that he is a hypocrite. So I don't believe everything that Xiezhi's mum said about these people especially since she seems to hate almost everyone.

Yeah- agreed. I trust that what we see of 5566 in front of the cameras is mostly genuine and I do not feel that they are putting on an act. Also, I agree that Sun Zhong probably does mean well, but he is just not the best manager. I didn't realize that he was leaving Jungiery to Xiezhi.

About Xiezhi's mom, she sounds really over possessive. But I did sort of guess that she hates Shaowei because of DXQ after I thought about it.

Wow, exadel- you really are our expert in 5566 and Xiezhi trivia!!

By the way, Sillyana, you were asking about Xiezhi's parents. To sum it up very briefly, his father left his mother when she was pregnant (or when he was a baby- I forget). His mother had to work and mostly left him to the care of his grandparents. To this date, Xiezhi has not acknowledged his father ( I don't blame him) although his father put up a public notice a few years ago.

Talking

By the way, Sillyana, you were asking about Xiezhi's parents. To sum it up very briefly, his father left his mother when she was pregnant (or when he was a baby- I forget). His mother had to work and mostly left him to the care of his grandparents. To this date, Xiezhi has not acknowledged his father ( I don't blame him) although his father put up a public notice a few years ago.
    His Father left his mother?? I thinks His mum is very great. although nothing dad, She can mothering to Tony alone until he success now as Actor.

I also don't blame him because I thinks he never see his father when he still kid and his father maybe don't care about him. If Its happen to me, maybe I also not acknowledged. I always support him for his success in singing and acting

Thanks Bonniec for your information about Tony's parent

I already buy Mo Jian and I'm still watching episode 6 and in that film Tony plays as enemy. But according me although he plays as enemy but his face is very handsome and cool not like enemy

and I thinks he is not agree as enemy role because he so cool and his face not cruel

Hmm- actually I think Xiezhi's role in Mo Jian was not a complete villian because of his love for Yi Yi so you do sort of feel sorry for him. I actually would like to see him in more wuxia series because he looks so good in ancient costume.

Anyways, I guess he will be back filming ZQMTX this week?

Hmm- actually I think Xiezhi's role in Mo Jian was not a complete villian because of his love for Yi Yi so you do sort of feel sorry for him. I actually would like to see him in more wuxia series because he looks so good in ancient costume.

Yes u right, he is not complete villian. I already watching until episode 10, he is love Yi Yi but Yi Yi don't love him. because Yi Yi love Yan Cao Feng so Tian Xing kill him.

I agree with u, He looks so good and handsome in ancient costume and I hope if he play role in other Wuxia, I want looks him as starring in wuxia film and I will buy that film because I like Wuxia Film and I like him
    Last edited by Sillyana; 09-14-08 at 06:24 AM.

There are news reports on ZQMTX almost daily but none mentioned Xiezhi yet. But someone posted on the settv forum that Xiezhi has returned to filming ZQMTX. Not sure if the info is accurate though ...

The Nielsen ratings for the show is not out yet but according to another source, also posted by someone on the settv forum, last week's ratings dipped slightly with the lowest ratings being last Monday's episode and ratings was also not very good on Wed & Thu (isn't that almost the whole week ). Btw, it was also mentioned in one of the earlier news reports that despite changing the focus of the story due to the temporary exit of Xiezhi, there is still no improvement in the ratings.

Btw, the ratings should be released later today.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-15-08 at 07:56 AM.

Haha, last week's rating (totally without Xiezhi) is only 3.27 which is a drop of 0.4 compared to the week before. I remember the weekly ratings hovers around 3.8 so this should be the lowest rating since the show started.

(2008.9.8-2008.9.12)
    1 娘家 (<嗶~消音>) 5.66
    2 真情滿天下 (三立) 3.27
    3 懷玉傳奇千金媽祖(台視) 2.30
    4 歡喜來逗陣(華視) 1.20
    5 鹿鼎記(中視) (9/12) 0.99
    6 牽牛花開的日子(中視) (9/8-11) NEW 0.98

This proves that Xiezhi should not be blamed for ZQMTX's lower than expected ratings. And increasing the screen time for their "yi ge" Chen Zhaorong or the pairing of Chen and Zhou Youting does not guarantee good ratings either. Instead they should work on a more interesting, fair and logical script.

With this low ratings, I am sure there will be news reports when Xiezhi is to about to appear on ZQMTX again as settv has to entice back those fans who stopped watching when Mingjie left the show.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-16-08 at 01:42 AM.

Today's news on Xiezhi: http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2008/...oday-show8.htm. It says that Xiezhi visited the ZQMTX filming set yesterday and gave everyone, including his "rival" Chen Zhaorong a pack of dried longans. Btw, his aunt gave him a box of dried longans. He had been sleeping well during his 2-weeks break from filming and was busy training for the charity baseball match scheduled in November. He had also spent quite an amount of money on new clothes in preparation for his return to ZQMTX.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/29.jpg')

Viewers are speculating that Mingjie will make his re-appearance either on this Wednesday or Thursday's episode but there is no concrete news so far. I am sure there will be news on this soon as settv need to rescue the falling ratings. Afterall, today's trival news about Xiezhi distributing longans came immediately after the weekly ratings are published.