Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Huo Yuan Jia 霍元甲 2007 (Ekin Cheng & Jordan Chan)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    I just finished the 2nd DVD and there is more heartbreak for Huo Yuan Jia's wife Wang Yun. After he refuses to consummate the marriage because of his feelings for Qian Nan, Wang Yun is left with nothing else but to beg the Huo father and mother to be allowed to remain with the family since she has no one else and nowhere else to go. Get out the tissues girls! Us guys are too tough for that but might allow ourselves to get a bit misty-eyed.

ha!! This is not sad yet compared to the last 10 eps you'll pour your eyes out

Quote Originally Posted by fargone2000 View Post
    This is one of the many touching scenes in the series and one of my favorites. You can really feel the indecision in Chen Zhen whether to kill Huo or not. Loyalty versus Righteousness. I've read a few negatives regarding Jordan Chen's portrayal and I personally disagree. I simply think that he gives a different character portrayal compared to Bruce Liang, who gave more of a bulldog performance. I think that both actors deserve credit. It will be very interesting how Jordan performs in the sequel

BTW, did anyone else think that Ekin Cheng was playing his role the way he plays his other roles? (i.e. with a wooden face)
    Ekin's acting hasn't impressed me either. I prefer the guy who played his shifu. Call me a robot, but I didn't cry during episode 34 or at all so far and I only have 2 more episodes to go. This has been an entertaining series to watch, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I guess everyone has their own opinions.....I really like HYJ's dad, he did the role really well and even funnie at times (where he wouldnt go see western doctors)..I also like him in ultimate crime fighters...

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin View Post
    I guess everyone has their own opinions.....I really like HYJ's dad, he did the role really well and even funnie at times (where he wouldnt go see western doctors)..I also like him in ultimate crime fighters...
    Yeah, Bryan Leung adds a comedic element to the characters he plays, but maybe for the same reason, he also tends to overact at times.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Do keep watch on my Play List as I put up more clips.

Pretty interesting clip here.

British soldiers were trying to destroy a Chinese erected commemorative monument and opened fire on Chinese patriots defending it. HYJ and his disciples rushes to help the patriots and his teacher charged the British soldiers to distract them. After killing many soldiers he was finally gunned down and killed.

What is not in this clip:
    The British cut off his head and hung it on one of the city's gates and HYJ vowed revenge. He and his disciples drugged the alcohol drank by the soldiers and retrieved the head. He then killed the British commander and hung his head up on the walls.

So is ekin playing the character that jet li plays and he probably die at the end.

Actually Jet Li played Cheng Zheng in his movie and his character did not die in the end. Just a faked death.

Quote Originally Posted by kandie View Post
    So is ekin playing the character that jet li plays and he probably die at the end.

I'm really sorry. I was thinking of a much earlier Jet Li movie where he acted as Cheng Zheng which had a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Actually Jet Li played Cheng Zheng in his movie and his character did not die in the end. Just a faked death.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    I'm really sorry. I was thinking of a much earlier Jet Li movie where he acted as Cheng Zheng which had a happy ending.
    Jet Li played Huo Yuan Jia aka Fearless (2006)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446059/

Jet Li also played Chen Zhen in Jing Wu Ying Xiong aka Fist of Legend (1994)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110200/

It was amusing when I saw elements of both movies incorporated into the Ekin Cheng series. Obvious examples which spring to mind are:

- The contests with the different martial artists

- The way Huo escapes having his back broken by O'Brien is identical to how Jet Li's Chen Zhen escapes having his back broken by the Japanese General in Fist of Legend.

I haven't finished the current series yet but maybe there are more similarities

I don't like the way this version made it out that HYJ had any descendants was because his long suferring and neglected wife took advantage of a drunken HYJ and got herself impregnated by him.

Does anybody know who is girl cast as HYJ's wife?
    with she pic is better heheehe

thanx any way

Quote Originally Posted by aja_gile View Post
    Does anybody know who is girl cast as HYJ's wife?
    with she pic is better heheehe

thanx any way
    Her name is Ding Li (丁莉): http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/p/2006-12-19/19151377464.html
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Has anyone seen the ATV series on HYJ made 20 years ago?? Apparently this ekin series meant to be based on it....just want to know if there are any differences between the 2 (apart from the actors of course).

One thing that i'm quite dissapointed is HYJ didnt use any weapons in the fights (wish ekin used weapons like Jet Li in Fearless) :P
    Last edited by Anekin; 01-02-08 at 01:18 AM.

my fave so far is huo yan jia's father i like him so much

Default Japanese Version

Quote Originally Posted by fargone2000 View Post
    Thanks

夜殇
    夜殇

Let me know if the links disappear

The last closing theme to have me hooked was 真永遠 by 陳坤

Now if I can find the Japanese version...
    Here is a link to the Japanese version of the song. This is the mp3 file. Enjoy

Japanese version
    Last edited by fargone2000; 02-03-08 at 02:21 PM. Reason: MP3 found

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    my fave so far is huo yan jia's father i like him so much
    A small piece of trivia - The actor who plays Fok Yun Dai is veteran Lau Kar Yan, who also plays Fok Yuan Jia in an old 1982 movie called Legend of a Fighter (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084105/). In this version, his teacher is a Japanese spy sent to steal Fok Yun Dai's kung Fu skills. Coincidentally... the actor who plays the Japanese spy, Yusuaki Kurata, also plays a Japanese karate master in Jet Li's Fist of Legend. Strange how you can find the links between the actors

Here is a link to the Japanese version of the song. This is the mp3 file. Enjoy

Japanese version

Default 夜殇 MV

MV

Ekin looks so weird in this series