Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you really hate in wuxia?

Default Who do you really hate in wuxia?

Which characters do you detest? Let it out, accompanied by an explanation, and we'll either agree or disagree with ya. We may even clear up some misconceptions here and there.

OK, here is a list of characters that I dislike:

-Zhao Zhijing: a traitor, dishonorable, selfish, and nasty fellow. No good quality basically

-Ding Dang: superficially attracted to a lout who was a rapist and had no good quality; only liked him because of his sweet talking, and didn't care about the actual person

-Ah Zi: because she is just mean

-Elder Xu Chongxiao: way too old to sleep with Madam Ma but did it anyway; was the key culprit in backstabbing Qiao Feng.

-Kongwen, Kongxing, Kongzhi, and all the other bitter Shaolin monks.

-young Guo Fu: no reason needed, I think everyone already shares the hatred.

OK, that's it for now.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Which characters do you detest? Let it out, accompanied by an explanation, and we'll either agree or disagree with ya.

OK, here is a list of characters that I dislike:

-Zhao Zhijing
    -Ding Dang
    -young Guo Fu
    To me, I put Zhao and Guo Fu in the "I just think they are total losers" category. It is fun to watch Zhao fail so many times.

PJ, so you don't dislike Shi Chong Yu (sp?) as much as Ding Dang?

I wonder if this is how Ken feels about Little Dragon Girl. He dislikes Yeung Gor with a passion. So he dislikes anyone that actually likes Yeung Gor even more.

For me, top 5 I hate the most, no particular order.

1 Wan Chi Ping from ROCH - The rapist. I guess I can forgive him now since Jin Yong changed the character who raped Little Dragon Girl to someone else. But it is hard to all of a sudden give up on 20 years of hatred.

2 Miejue from HSDS - F*ckin b*tch. The actress from HSDS86 really did a great job. I sometimes hate the actress herself because she did such a great job at acting this part.

3 Jiang YuLang from JDSJ- Scumbag piece of sh*t.

4 Duan Yu's father from DGSD - Damn horny bastard. Though I must say, big part of the hatred is out of pure jealousy.

5 Shaolin monks from HSDS - Hypocrites.

At Wu Tang - Cheung 3 Feng, you are a level above us in martial arts, it would be a disgrace for you to fight us one on one. Let us three take you on at once.

At Shaolin - Cheung Mo Kei, you are young and fast, surely you can take on us three old monks at once.

For those who expected to see Zhao Min's name on this list, just to show you that there are others I dislike even more than her.

Guo Fu. Without a doubt, Guo Fu.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Lin Pingzhi
    He Taichong
    Peach Valley Fairies

Not many, mainly Ah Zi and the 6 Peach Valley Fairies.

I sort of dislike Ren Ying Ying too.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I wonder if this is how Ken feels about Little Dragon Girl. He dislikes Yeung Gor with a passion. So he dislikes anyone that actually likes Yeung Gor even more.
    Well, not exactly: I'm fine with Gwok Jing, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, South Emperor 1 Deng, Chow Bak Tung, Yeh Lut Chai, Yeun Nan Ping, etc.

Those Ancient Tombers are generally perfectly annoying even *without* the Yeung Gor connection. In fact, Yeung Gor was somewhat less annoying before he became associated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Not many, mainly Ah Zi and the 6 Peach Valley Fairies.

I sort of dislike Ren Ying Ying too.
    What?! RYY? Why??
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Well, not exactly: I'm fine with Gwok Jing, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, South Emperor 1 Deng, Chow Bak Tung, Yeh Lut Chai, Yeun Nan Ping, etc.

Those Ancient Tombers are generally perfectly annoying even *without* the Yeung Gor connection. In fact, Yeung Gor was somewhat less annoying before he became associated with them.
    OIC now, your main hatred stems from Ancient Tomb Sect. Now it makes more sense, you disliking all Ancient Tomb related people. How you feel about Lee Mak Sau (sp?), The granny (the one that brought Yeung Gor to Ancient Tomb). Do you have dislike for them?

While most people always call Quan Zhen stinky taoists, you on the other hand prefer to call stinky Ancient Tombers right?

What are wrong with the 6 Peach Fairies? I thought they were more of comical presence. Unless they were too annoying?

OIC now, your main hatred stems from Ancient Tomb Sect. Now it makes more sense, you disliking all Ancient Tomb related people. How you feel about Lee Mak Sau (sp?), The granny (the one that brought Yeung Gor to Ancient Tomb). Do you have dislike for them?
    Lee Mok Sau was a villain, so I suppose we're all *supposed* to hate her. Ironically, I found her one of the less annoying members of that sect. Because she was a villain, at least she wasn't all preachy and "holier-than-thou." She was just vicious...which I can deal with, especially in a villain (I expect it, even).

Granny Sheun was annoying. One of the worst of the bunch.

While most people always call Quan Zhen stinky taoists, you on the other hand prefer to call stinky Ancient Tombers right?
    Well, yeah. A few bad apples aside, the Cheun Jen Sect overall was pretty cool. Any sect that produces Chow Bak Tung can't be all that bad, right?

What are wrong with the 6 Peach Fairies? I thought they were more of comical presence. Unless they were too annoying?

Too annoying. And not comical for me at all.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Zhen Zhibing: A hypocrite and a rapist
    Gongsun Zhi: A real scumbag, a pervert, and most despicable in roch
    Qiu Qianchi: Heartless witch
    Zhao Zhijing: A scheming scumbag
    Ouyang Feng: He may be strong but his methods are foul
    Yang Kang: Chose wealth over honor
    Murong Fu: I don't know why after watching dgsd 2003 I didn't like him

I'm limited to loch and roch so bear with my list.

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    1 Wan Chi Ping from ROCH - The rapist. I guess I can forgive him now since Jin Yong changed the character who raped Little Dragon Girl to someone else. But it is hard to all of a sudden give up on 20 years of hatred.
    Come on, there are a lot of worse people than him. He only did one instance of rape, and he regretted it. Whereas a good-for-nothing lout like Shi Zhongyu, continued to rape and assault women and not feel anything.

4 Duan Yu's father from DGSD - Damn horny bastard. Though I must say, big part of the hatred is out of pure jealousy.
    Hey his father was a lot hornier.

Now, how did I forget the #1 most idiotic, detestable jerk hated by me? He is none other than Zhou Botong.

Allow me to explain why I hate Zhou Botong so much.

He is a silly beast. He doesn't know wrong from right. He is like a joke all the time, acting silly when he should be serious. He looked like a clown too. Old fart with a child face. Yuck.

He had an affair with a married woman, causing disasters to happen to the King of Dali, Southern Emperor Yideng Dashi. Zhou was treated with courtesy and he goes to f*ck the guy's wife behind back? Only a sociopathetic psychopath would do that.

Most despicably, Zhou Botong is guilty of PFMAI: Pronouncing False Martial Arts Information. He said that post-16 years Golden Wheel Monk would not be able to take 10 stances from Wang Chongyang. Such intentional distortion of actual martial arts comparison is the highest crime commitable in wuxia, and for that Zhou Botong shall go down as one of the ungrateful tinks of our time.

Aside from the people already mentioned, I'd like to add Yue Buqun. He was definitely the ultimate hypocrite!!

I don't like Siu Yuen San. He ruined his own son's life. Mou Yung Bo also not any better. Ruined even more people's life for his personal gain. And then after causing all the mess in DGSD, they just go, "Son, I've found enlightenment. Bye." and go become monks.

I also don't like the various female characters who killed other innocent people because they were dumped by a guy or because a guy didn't return their affections i.e.

- Lee Mok Sau
    - Mrs Wong (Wong Yu Yin's mom)
    - Princess Yiu Yuet

Strangely, I don't hate Mui Fong Gu. I kinda the sympathise with her. Plus, she didn't actually go on a killing spree or killed innocent people. I know it's ironic, and might be unintentional, but she actually did a better job rising Sek Ching's kid than Man Yau.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-15-07 at 02:40 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I kinda found the Passionless Valley crew annoying and storyline fillerfluff. I don't like Gongshun Zi, hated the wife, and found the daughter too weepy - do I have to constantly feel sorry for her??

Yue Lingshan - Big brother can you do this for me, can you do that for me? I practiced really hard so I'll get mad if you win but I'll still get mad if you pretend to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I kinda found the Passionless Valley crew annoying and storyline fillerfluff. I don't like Gongshun Zi, hated the wife, and found the daughter too weepy - do I have to constantly feel sorry for her??
    Yeah, ROCH got really sidetracked by that whole Passionless Valley business. When you get about a chapter/episode or two into it, you start wondering, "Wait. I thought this story was about Yeung Gor. Who the heck are these Passionless Valley people and why should I care about their business?" As it turned out, Passionless Valley was essential to the Yeung Gor saga, but I'm not sure I liked how it seemed to be brought into the story out of the blue.

I didn't dislike the two villains that came into the story, though. They did their villainous job of being nasty and evil.

I'm indifferent to Gung Sheun Luk Ngok...just another in a long line of female Yeung Gor-worshippers in the story. What's one more, eh?

My list would be as follows:-

Shi Zhongyu and Ding Dang, although if Shi Potian wasn't so naive they wouldn't have gotten away with it for so long, but when Ding Dang murdered Shi Jian I really really wanted her to die. Shi Jian was one of the nicest people around, and was just starting to like and respect Shi Potian after weeks of distrust.

You Tanzi. There's absolutely no reason why somebody with such respected family heritage can drop to such a useless state of affairs. How hard could it be, with just a little bit of commonsense, would it be to just hold your family estate together with the support of other wulin friends? Worthless man.

He Hongyao. While I admired her tenacity, her single-mindedness in pursuing something which was totally meaningless by then was just stupid.

Miejue. Self-righteous witch with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Long Xiaoyun. Complete scumbag who even villains find disgusting. Will butter up whoever necessary to get what he wants.

Jin Jiuling. After all that wonderful planning he was shaping up to be a really good villain, then he tries to blackmail his way out at the end to save his own skin, and when all fails he just mocks Lu Xiaofeng before dying. At least Lu's other adversaries died like men.

There are others like Quan Guanqing and Chen Youliang, but they're just complete villainous scumbags anyway, so it's hardly a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Miejue. Self-righteous witch with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    I think she was genuinely dedicated to the idea of liberating the Han people from Mongol rule, which doesn't exactly absolve her of her various flaws, but it does challenge the claim that she had "absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever." She had one; it's just not adequate to balance out her many flaws.