View Poll Results: How did Li Xun Huan survive Guo SongYang's attack?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Li threw his dagger at Guo's physical sword from long range

2 22.22%
  • Li blocked Guo's physical sword from close quarters

6 66.67%
  • Li stabbed at Guo's physical sword from close quarters

1 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Li Xun Huan vs Guo SongYang

My interpretations:

Guo vs Li - circular plane of sword energy traveling along with Guo's sword. Imagine sticking the sword into the middle of a big circular piece of cardboard. Then do a thrust with the sword, the cardboard represents the chi (according to my imagination). It covers an area, so Li can't easily dodge, but when Li hits the sword energy is knocked off too.

Chongxu: I imagine these as being unfilled circles, as opposed to Guo's filled circle.

H7G: I imagine this as just being one big blast of wind. Because it's not connected to Guo, and is filled, it is not possible to get past it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    Perhaps LHC was able to focus all his sword energy into one point? One reason why 6MSJ is so powerful because it allows you to focus all the energy together into one point.
    Ah, but 6MSJ requires MASSIVE internal energy to wield. In DGSD, we know that Duan Yu had sufficient internal energy to make it look impressive. But when used by the monks of Celestial Dragon Monastery, 5 6MSJ's were not even a match for Jiumozhi's Flaming Blade Palm. So we can see the power of the art is proportional to the internal energy, whereas:

My guess is that LHC did something similar to LMSJ here, which allowed him to break a higher energy attack (but dispersed over a greater area) with a weaker attack.
    When Linghu Chong broke Dan Qingsheng's swordplay, Linghu Chong had ZERO internal energy. So where did the miraculous power stem from?

In GJ's case, my guess is that his techniques were probably not advanced yet to break HQG's attacks. Also, keep in mind that there was a big gap between when these two stories were written so it's kind hard to compare the two situations. When in doubt, I tend to go with the theories that are established in JY's later works.
    The problem is that SPW contradicts the entire Jin Yong universe; it is definitely the odd ball out.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」