Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Gillian Chung

At this point, regardless of what the guy/girls say will most likely be construed negatively. The storm is raging too strong for any type of damage control to work. I suppose only time will tell if their careers are truly finish.

High profile celebrities are in very precarious positions. In order to attain their fame, they need and want the adoration of the fans. But this adoration is like a double edged sword. Once the fans are interested in the stars, most would go out of their way to obtain information, pictures, video, etc. on them and are willing to pay high $$. The media/paparazzi are merely fueling this craving at all expenses. Fans may berate the media for putting their idols on the spot, but once the info is made available, people clamor for it. Ironically, the same people that idolize the celebrities are also the source of their pain.

Privacy is a luxury that is hard to maintain. Celebrities are only human and they make mistakes. However, each mistake is under tight scrutiny and judgment that are sometimes harsh and unfair. Societal views can be illogical as well, but that’s the way of the norm. One has to be extremely careful in all types of conduct in order to avoid the criticism. If it gets too much, easy, give up the status in the entertainment circle. It’s a scary and sad reality, but this is the price of being a star.

If one already knows the price of admission, how can the public be blamed for its harsh criticism? Celebrities already know that the scrutiny (danger) will be there, but willingly stepped into the spotlight.

In this scandal, the parties involved had sex, took pictures/videos, and probably did countless other kinky stuffs. But they didn’t break the law or hurt anyone or did anything wrong. People in relationships do these kinds of things. It is shocking to see people’s intimate moments and embarrassing for those involved.

Out of the 3 women, most people agree that Gillian has the most to lose career wise. Nobody expects her to be a virgin, but she did represent an innocent image. The fans and management company created this image. Whether it is reasonable or not, doesn’t matter. It exists… or did exist. To see her having kinky sex… well, the image just shattered. People can guess or assumed about her private sex life, but it’s a whole different story when they actually view the details.

Yes, very hypocritical, but hey, that’s how society views are and they are not going to change any time soon. But it’s not the end of the world. Gillian can still work on her career. If her management company is still behind her and they change their marketing tactics… it just might work. The entertainment industry is like a crystal ball filled with illusions and pretty facades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Oh come on, now, buddy! Are you seriously suggesting that this incident has caused kids who otherwise wouldn't know what sex is, to learn about sex?

As a previous poster mentioned, they don't care if people believe if she's innocent or not. It's the market that demands and will pay for innocence, actual or synthetic. By your logic, only 'truly' innocent people (by which I presume you mean people who haven't had sex?) can make music/videos/events with children? There goes the above-16 demographic!

As for the distinction that you draw between 'poses' and 'roles', I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree again. Those are artificial. Again, both are in the entertainment industry. The purpose is not to moralize, but to entertain, and generate profits based upon providing what the public demands. And both in roles and in poses, a certain suspension of disbelief is required. For goodness sake, do you think that, minus the suspension of disbelief, anyone will honestly believe that a beautiful twenty seven year old girl is a virgin?! Of course not! But because it's what we, the consumers, ask for, that's what we get, and we happily shut off the functioning part of our mind, just as when we're watching movies.

The only thing which has happened is that the suspension of disbelief has been ripped away. But that is hardly their fault. That's the fault of the prick who uploaded those pics.

I see what you're saying, but just some things to note. What, non-beautiful 27 year old girls should be virgins? It's not only the beautiful who get laid...

You can say what you want, but I still think there is hypocrisy in pretending to be something you're not. You can say everyone pretends, but at the end of the day, you're still pretending. It's not really comparable to acting, where everyone already knows that you're pretending.

Basically, creating fake images is just ..pointless. Why not give the public an actual role model who is against pre-marital sex if EEG wants a squeaky clean idol? Oops, I guess none in the entertainment business? Lmao...

Like I said, while having sex is normal, I personally find taking pictures not. It's not normal, and Edison has issues if he really has 1000+ nude pics of his conquests..that's utterly disgusting.

Yeah I have to admit, I'm getting sick of this scandal now..and it's getting boring. I guess lucky for Maggie Q + Rosanne if they were in the other pics...although the police dudes got a good look at them for sure.

So yeah, it'll eventually die down. They can't hide forever, and there will be new stories soon. As part of the audience, I think most people don't give too much...but their family/friends, that's the real barrier for them. Can you imagine walking into a party and having everyone eye you...knowing they've seen your naked pictures? Eek...

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    vanessa is a different story.. hahahh imagine if Gillian case was like Vanessa where she took the pics herself.. hahha i think the fans would have throw tomatos at her... the American public is more accepting to this matter..Disney still accepts Vanessa.. (at least that's what i heard)
    Ok, now taking pictures of yourself is a LOT easier to handle. She just thought her body was beautiful and what better proof of her beauty than to take a picture . At least it wasn't of her having sex.

I actually would be kinda disappointed if the scandal was to end. Yes, the gossip monger in me is talking. And no, I'm not heartless. Just extremely curious and movies aren't that entertaining in recent years. I'm not condemning the girls since I don't like them enough to do that. Ed, I've always had a dislike for him, so I'm still gonna dislike him, with or without the scandal.

since everyone is concluding that Gillian career will not have any miracles.. i quess it's really not a bad thing.. the "twins" have been in the biz for years and have their share of fame.. getting away from the press might not be a bad thing...it seems that it might be a sweet escape.. but it'll be hard to be normal again and find another job

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    I see what you're saying, but just some things to note. What, non-beautiful 27 year old girls should be virgins? It's not only the beautiful who get laid...
    The chance is significantly higher, since it's probably above non-existent

Basically, creating fake images is just ..pointless. Why not give the public an actual role model who is against pre-marital sex if EEG wants a squeaky clean idol? Oops, I guess none in the entertainment business? Lmao...
    Actually, that's pretty much it

So yeah, it'll eventually die down. They can't hide forever, and there will be new stories soon. As part of the audience, I think most people don't give too much...but their family/friends, that's the real barrier for them. Can you imagine walking into a party and having everyone eye you...knowing they've seen your naked pictures? Eek...
    Yup. Like I said, the one I feel most sorry of all is Nicholas Tse and Bobo's fiance. They'll never be able to hold their head up again like they used to, if they stay with the girls, sadly. I doubt any of them were actually surprised that their wife/fiance weren't virgins when they met them, but the scandal of it all...sigh. What can I say? Face....
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Oh come on, now, buddy! Are you seriously suggesting that this incident has caused kids who otherwise wouldn't know what sex is, to learn about sex?
    Is that hypothetical so implausible? It's been a long long time since I was in grade school, but I do recall that if my classmates/friends were fans of something or somebody we would discuss it. I don't believe it's too farfetched to have a situation with the following discussion:

Kid1:"Hey did you watch Gillian's new movie?"
    K2:"No I don't like her anymore, mommy's says she's a bad role Model."
    K1:"What!? Why? What she do?"
    K3:"I overheard daddy say she was having sex."
    K1: What's sex?"

One thing leads to another and so on.

----------------------------

I understand that it's a different generation, and with the internet it's not exactly difficult to be exposed at an early age. It just seems that your argument completly excludes this possibility altogether.

I agree that the original uploader is the most reprehensible and do not codemn any of the girls for not apologizing. At the same time I have very little sympathy for them. The people I do feel for are their significant others and close family members. I think the one thing you and I can unequivocally agree on is that Edison Chen is a 正淫棍子.

------------------------------
    Chart of celebrities that are potentially affected by this whole scandal.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.appleactionews.com/images/e-paper/20080205/large/C02_01_a.gif')
    弃我去者作日之日不可留,
    乱我心者今日之事多烦忧.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinketWei View Post
    Is that hypothetical so implausible? It's been a long long time since I was in grade school, but I do recall that if my classmates/friends were fans of something or somebody we would discuss it. I don't believe it's too farfetched to have a situation with the following discussion:

Kid1:"Hey did you watch Gillian's new movie?"
    K2:"No I don't like her anymore, mommy's says she's a bad role Model."
    K1:"What!? Why? What she do?"
    K3:"I overheard daddy say she was having sex."
    K1: What's sex?"

One thing leads to another and so on.
    So umm...shouldn't we leave the censoriing to the kids' parents? This is something we cannot stop. Santa is real!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Holy someone has a hell lot of time on their hands...

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Holy someone has a hell lot of time on their hands...
    I think we fully agree o.o
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

lol that 1 link to jolin tsai takes the whole taiwan entertainment industry into the picture
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Chart of non-celebrities that are potentially affected by this whole scandal and possibly more.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ogakira/edison.jpg')
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 02-05-08 at 05:18 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Chart of non-celebrities that are potentially affected by this whole scandal and possibly more.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ogakira/edison.jpg')
    OMG, some people just have too much time on their hands. Where's your name?

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Where's your name?
    errr...that would be bellamia and oGaKirA scandal pictures.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

errr...that would be bellamia and oGaKirA scandal pictures.
    I must have missed out on the invitation, because there is no scandal without a party, dear.

b**** i ain't apart of this. i hate edison and think he's on the same level as ZWJ. take my name off that list right now!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    b**** i ain't apart of this. i hate edison and think he's on the same level as ZWJ. take my name off that list right now!
    He's pimping us out. I feel so used and cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    He's pimping us out. I feel so used and cheap too.
    lol, if it makes my ba-bee happy, he can pimp me out all he wants.
    he should replace edison's pic with his. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    lol, if it makes my ba-bee happy, he can pimp me out all he wants.
    he should replace edison's pic with his. ^_^
    okay now, i really want don't want no part of this. unless of course, the picture is replaced with Christian Bale.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH????????

Damn, the pictures of me cutting off his balls are leaked as well?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

hahaha glad my names not on the list lol