Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Book and Sword '08- George Hu, Adam Cheng

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ycwb.com/images/2008-03/25/yyltwx83526.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hiphotos.baidu.com/lushuilingling/pic/item/bc8ea24458d00d93b3b7dc2d.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    here is the pic of PF$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/p/2008-03-25/U2389P28T3D1959497F326DT20080325003922.jpg')
    this pic isn't too blurry. not a beautiful pf. i'm still shocked that she got chosen for this role as none of her pix appealed to me. again, maybe she'll look better on screen...but i see nothing exotic or spectacular with her look thus far. sigh...just based on pic and trailer, lu cheng might be the highlight for me, and niki does look better on moving camera.

lu cheng's really cute though. not sure about her acting.

yes, rachel ngan is beautiful, but then i find myself preferring to star at ester. i don't know, was rachel the most beautiful in that series? i didn't see the 70's version, so i can't comment.

umm...why am i wasting my time here. there's no chance that i'm going to catch this series now, even if adam cheng fights well qiao zhen yu looks great.

well, maybe the rest of you can enjoy this.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ycwb.com/images/2008-03/25/yyltwx83526.jpg')
    Ok thats a bad shot of Niki. The dress reminds me of some Spanish flamingo gown.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hiphotos.baidu.com/lushuilingling/pic/item/bc8ea24458d00d93b3b7dc2d.jpg')
    QZY looks hot in this pic! I take back what I said about him looking too feminine and kiddy for CJL, he looks surprisingly good in Qing costume and pigtail, much cooler than his other wuxia getups! Now I'm sad that he isnt going to be paired with YM.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-25-08 at 02:36 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    lu cheng's really cute though. not sure about her acting.

yes, rachel ngan is beautiful, but then i find myself preferring to star at ester. i don't know, was rachel the most beautiful in that series? i didn't see the 70's version, so i can't comment.
    Lu Cheng doesnt exactly strike me as beautiful but she seems cheery and cute enough. I thought Rachel was beautiful as PF in the 02 adaptation (she has amazing eyes and very striking features. The fact that she is mixed added a mysterious and foreign air to the character. a pity her acting was nothing to wow about) though many people seem to have differing thoughts, i guess mainly because people dislike the character and also because she wasnt a famous face.

Wise Fool

Niki in the trailer:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.filehive.com/files/080325/trailerniki.png')

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    actually, in the 80's version, i though jacqueline law outshined fiona leung (who isn't that beautiful in that series) in terms of acting and beauty. jacqueline law is hot!!! and ester looked beautiful even though rachel ngan does have the foreign look to her. seems as though they can't find the right actress to play pf as she is always out beauty by another actress. whereas all directors go out of their way to find a "suitable" actress for wyy (who's role is just as minor as pf) and xln (and even then, i think these actresses are outshone by the supporting actresses). ym would have been a great choice for pf as i find it difficult for any of the supporting actress in this series to be more beautiful than ym (i'm biased, i know). the pf for this series is just plain, plain, plain...i see no beauty in her. hopefully, she'll look better on screen because i don't see how she can stop an army of men from battling each other.

adam cheng does look great in the fighting sequence.
    maybe the directors themselves were biased against PF's character...j/k

Okay, perhaps I've been missing the point- it seems like they've put a lot more emphasis on the casting of QianLong and CJL than into PF and HQT (judging from how experienced in wuxia and famous the actors are compared to the two actresses), so I'm now guessing that this production is going to focus very much on the complicated brother-relationship and downplay the female characters and romantic relationships.

I'm a little sad being a HQT fan, but can see that this might be a cool production with political intrigue as the central theme.

(By the way, I do think the actress for PF very beautiful- but don't know anything about her as an actress, so we'll have to wait to see if we do get a more interesting PF this time around than usual. Its sad a lovely actress like YM isn't going to be in here!)

Last edited by cx2869; 03-26-08 at 01:37 AM.

♥ Adam

The costume that Niki is wearing in the poster is nicer-looking compared to what she wore to the press conference. She actually looks better in moving clips than still shots. Hopefully some clips of her filming will be released soon! OT, does anyone think that Niki looks like TVB actress Sharon Chan?

The actress who replaced YM as PF is Liu Ying. She's a newcomer if im not wrong, heres her sina site:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/f/liuying/

She doesnt look very good in modern pics. Niki looks prettier than her imo.

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ol.mingpao.com/ftp/Lady/20080327/saa01/_27MG007_.jpg')

Talking

I can't get over the idea or should I say the vision that Adam looks like a father or grandfather to the guy that plays as Tra^`n Gia La.c, eventhough I like Adam, but ughh....

Niki's costume is so messy, why is she wearing yellow? I remember Esther wore a yellow outfit too, was the character HQT wore yellow in the book ???

Can anyone please kindly put up pictures of Rachel Ngan when she was PF ?? I didn't finish the '02 version, hi hi

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Niki's costume is so messy, why is she wearing yellow? I remember Esther wore a yellow outfit too, was the character HQT wore yellow in the book ???

Can anyone please kindly put up pictures of Rachel Ngan when she was PF ?? I didn't finish the '02 version, hi hi
    Yes HQT wears yellow in the novel. She is known as "Cui Yu Huang Shan" HQT, meaning the lady in green feathers and yellow robes.

Rachel Ngan is on the extreme right
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ysnow/PF_1.jpg

Wise Fool

hmm...rachel ngan is very beautiful as pf based on that pic. i have to say that the 1991 and this version's pf are the least attractive ever. i didn't realize that there was a 1994 version, that pf is kinda pretty.

wow, hqt in this version is way more beautiful than pf...i just don't see how anyone in his right mind would prefer this pf to this hqt. i can say the same about fiona leung's pf and jacqueline law's hqt (if just based on looks alone. throw in the personality and it will take more than a miracle to even consider picking pf over hqt).
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Just watched the trailer- its awesome!

I like the music they used, very 'heroic' and powerful sounding, and yet upbeat... not the usual tragic sounding songs at all. I'm also excited about this (see below) actor being here- I watched him in a few of the Mi Shi serials and he's a great actor, plus looks like he has a nice meaty role here with many scenes with Adam Cheng! Sadly HQT is quite a minor role here- I didn't notice any scenes with her in them... but I agree that I like the look and impression I get from the new actor for CJL- he's cool!

Like others here, I feel like the actresses pale a little bit compared to previous versions, but, as a swordfighting cum politics story, the trailer gives is making me look forward to the series!

(As a side note its really amusing to have Adam Cheng speaking in Cantonese and everyone else in Mandarin... I'm not used to switching back and forth and get confused! )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/p/2008-03-25/U2389P28T3D1959491F326DT20080325003910.JPG')

Failed to mention this, but the trailer also gives me a new respect for stunt doubles- they really do risk life and limb giving us the most realistic, cool wuxia scenes they can! Bravo for these brave, unsung men and women!

(Also feel like China, in spite of having less experience historically filming wuxia serials, has caught up with more experienced HK- it's all very professional looking, even the funny takes! )

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Just watched the trailer- its awesome!

(As a side note its really amusing to have Adam Cheng speaking in Cantonese and everyone else in Mandarin... I'm not used to switching back and forth and get confused! )
    yah lor, I was quite surprised at first when I heard Cantonese. Since Adam is from HK, this series may be aired in HK later so it's better for him to speak his own dialect.
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

I'm also excited about this (see below) actor being here- I watched him in a few of the Mi Shi serials and he's a great actor, plus looks like he has a nice meaty role here with many scenes with Adam Cheng!
    The actor's name is Liu De Kai, in case you wanted to know.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I'm also excited about this (see below) actor being here- I watched him in a few of the Mi Shi serials and he's a great actor, plus looks like he has a nice meaty role here with many scenes with Adam Cheng!

I like Liu De Kai as well but i think he has very minimal screentime in here since he's playing Yu Wanting.

I guess there's no scenes with HQT mainly because Niki entered the set very late. If im not wrong, she was the last to enter.

And yep, HK actors usually speak Cantonese in mainland series and the crew just dub their voices in the final product. It was very obvious that Esther and Rachel spoke Cantonese while filming the 2002 adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung View Post
    yah lor, I was quite surprised at first when I heard Cantonese. Since Adam is from HK, this series may be aired in HK later so it's better for him to speak his own dialect.
    The main reason why Adam is speaking in his native tongue would be for the ease of filming. Most HK actors (Korean ones as well) speak in their own languages when filming mainland dramas since the final product will be dubbed anyway. Since Cantonese and Mandarin are somewhat similar, it wouldnt be that difficult for the actors to know what each other are saying but I've read that filming with a partner who speaks in a totally different language can be troublesome since you'll have to learn and memorize not only your lines but your partner's, to know what she's talking about. That was what happened for Alec Su when he worked with Chae Rim and Jang Nara.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-27-08 at 10:39 PM.

Wise Fool