Thread: Strength of less appearance fighters

Default Strength of less appearance fighters

I wonder how strong are these people compare to strong fighters that are mostly mention like YG, GJ, ZWJ, Z3F, and 5 greats.

Dugukaibai-mention a lot and say have 3 swords but never appear.
    Feng Qing Yeung-appear once to teach LWC.
    DFBB-fought once but die without using true strength.
    HSDS Z3F's master-he master 9 yang and taught some to GF & Z3F.
    Guo Feng-Mijie's ancestor and don't know when he die or how strong she is.
    Gu Mon Sect ancestor-only know she WCY lover but never now her strength.
    Yeung Ding Tin-only say he previous Ming Cult leader.
    Sweeper Monk-never know how strong he can be but did he learn Yick Gun Ging too.

Oh the yellow robe girl from HSDS who say descendant of YG and XLN.
    Z3F-beside HSDS there many tales about him anyway he barely figth in HSDS so how strong is him?
    Last edited by aniking_8; 03-03-08 at 02:22 AM.

Dugu Qiubai - a legendary swordsman nicknamed the "SWORD DEMON". He is said to have reached the stage of overcoming the sword without a sword. If this is true then he is several stages above the Greats.

Feng Qingyang - some guy who learned Dugu 9 Jian some hundred years after Dugu Qiubai's existance. He is probably below Great level.

Dongfang Bubai - the strongest man in Xiao Au Jianghu. No one knows if he is as strong as the Greats or not. Some believe that he is weaker and some believe that his is stronger. I haven't finished the book yet so my impression of him so far is Great level.

Jueyuan - He knows 9Yang but he doesn't know any real techniques. He is like a water gun filled with water but has no pump to spray the water out. Internal energy-wise he is Great level. But in actual combat he would lose because he doesn't know any techniques.

Guo Xiang - Probably quite strong since she is related to the best fighters of her era. Guo Jing and Huang Rong are her parents. Huang Yaoshi is her grandfather. She knows Yideng and Zhou Botong. Jinlun Fawang wants her as his disciple. Yang Guo is her "Big Brother". She even created Emei Sect!

Lin Chaoying - said to be above Wang Chongyang level(?). She is probably around Greats level.

Yang Dingtian - one of the Ming Cult leaders. He mastered up to level 3 or level 4 of the Qian Kun Danuo Yi. Probably just below Greats level.

Sweeper Monk - He "killed" Xiao Yuanshan and Murong Bo (who are both believed to be above Greats level) with one stance and revived them. He is the GODLY FIGURE in Jin Yong universe.

Guo Feng
    You know, I really like this new name.
    Guo Fu meets Jie Feng,
    or Guo Jing meets Qiao Feng,
    or Guo Xiang meets Ouyang Feng,
    etc.
    So many possible combinations.

But I think Guo Fu and Jie Feng would make a feisty couple
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

YG reached the uppermost level of inner and external strenght through DGKB's training method's. LHC had mastered DGKB's swordplay to the 7th(out of 9) highest level (did not fully master the palm breaking stance and chi breaking stance due to lack of experience). DGKB power level is YG's inner and external strenght added with superior to LHC swordplay level.

LCY was superior to the greats. she was on par with WCY for most of their life till when WCY was fighting against the jin, she actually surpassed him for a while before her illness.she suffered two serious illness and he surpassed her during her recovery. caught up during the first recovery and surpassed her during the second. but only slightly. when she created maiden skill to overcome quezhen, WCY couldn't come up with a set to overcome maiden skills in turn. he had to rely on 9yin skills to do so.

FQY was probably on par with abbot fangsang and a bit above rev chongxu. he was held in great respect by both of them and he could easily capture the six peach faries and scare them enough to do his bidding.

guo xiang probably reached great level or above like LCY did. she had a very rich level of martial arts to rely on and her intelligence was very high, similar to her grandfather.

yang diantian was probably around the greats level at the first huashan tournament. he did before he could progress futher.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    FQY was probably on par with abbot fangsang and a bit above rev chongxu. he was held in great respect by both of them and he could easily capture the six peach faries and scare them enough to do his bidding.
    hmm, i thought the part where FQY captured the 6 fairies is a white lie by Abbot FZ so that LHC learns YJJ? or am i mistaken with something else??
    Last edited by shortsight; 03-03-08 at 02:52 AM.

FQY indeed captured the 6 fairies, but the sending internal energy skill was white lie. FZ gave YJJ to LHC.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Dugu Qiubai - a legendary swordsman nicknamed the "SWORD DEMON". He is said to have reached the stage of overcoming the sword without a sword. If this is true then he is several stages above the Greats.
    One thing I've never understood about this. If "overcoming the sword without a sword" make Dugu Qiubai several stage about the Greats, does that mean that the Greats could not overcome swordsmen? That Yiyangzhi and Tanzhishentong would lose against a swordskill? If so, at what level would the swordsman have to be before Yi Deng and/or Huang Yao-shi would be unable to defeat them?

I have always wondered about the martial arts level of the mysterious teacher of the Xuan Ming Elders in HSDS.

Judging by the level of the Xuan Ming Elders his martial arts must have been really great, and of course he knew the Xuan Ming Divine Palm which was one of the most feared skills in all of HSDS. Did he actually invent the Xuan Ming Divine Palm himself?
    How would his martial arts compare to that of the Du generation monks when they were younger, to those of Guo Xiang when she was still alive or to that of the Ming Sects Leader YDT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    One thing I've never understood about this. If "overcoming the sword without a sword" make Dugu Qiubai several stage about the Greats, does that mean that the Greats could not overcome swordsmen? That Yiyangzhi and Tanzhishentong would lose against a swordskill? If so, at what level would the swordsman have to be before Yi Deng and/or Huang Yao-shi would be unable to defeat them?
    It's not that Yideng and Huang Yaoshi can't defeat swordsmen. It has nothing to do with that actually. I believe that Dugu's overcoming the sword without a sword stage actually refers to HIS OWN sword. So it's simply saying that DGQB without the sword is stronger than himself WITH the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    It's not that Yideng and Huang Yaoshi can't defeat swordsmen. It has nothing to do with that actually. I believe that Dugu's overcoming the sword without a sword stage actually refers to HIS OWN sword. So it's simply saying that DGQB without the sword is stronger than himself WITH the sword.
    Isn't Yi Deng just as strong without using a sword to channel his Yi Yang Zhi as he is with a sword channeling Yi Yang Zhi?

You're misunderstanding me. I think DGQB means that he is just as strong without his sword as him with his sword.

Yideng never used a sword so even if he is strong with his Yiyangzhi, he is not "overcoming a sword".

It was implied several times in LOCH that certain martial artists, such as Ouyang Feng, would be more formidable and difficult to deal with using their weapons than when not.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I feel it's only logical that one would be stronger with a weapon than without. If you train with it for tens of years, it merely becomes an extension of yourself, being no different than your arms and legs. Except it adds range, hardness, and the ability to throw it, block swords, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I feel it's only logical that one would be stronger with a weapon than without. If you train with it for tens of years, it merely becomes an extension of yourself, being no different than your arms and legs. Except it adds range, hardness, and the ability to throw it, block swords, etc.
    But not for Dugu Qiubai. For him, with or without a weapon is the same.