Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine that you're at a Jin Yong Q&A session...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    What would the audience do if some guy asked JY, "Who is most powerful: GJ, YG or Sweeper Monk?"
    guy: "who is most powerful, Duan yu, xu zhu, or sweeper monk?"

JY : sweeper monk.

guy: what about xiao feng, zhang wu ji, and sweeper monk?

JY: sweeper monk.

guy: GJ, YG or Sweeper Monk?

JY: YG.

guy: really?

JY: no you idiot, sweeper monk.

guy: "who is most powerful, Duan yu, xu zhu, or sweeper monk?"

JY : sweeper monk.

guy: what about xiao feng, zhang wu ji, and sweeper monk?

JY: sweeper monk.

guy: GJ, YG or Sweeper Monk?

JY: YG.

guy: really?

JY: no you idiot, sweeper monk.

hahhaah...well somebody did ask who was stronger between the TL 3 brothers and SW. S.W was the answer(obviously), however, I was surprised that SM had> inner power than even XZ...wonder how that's even possible.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    hahhaah...well somebody did ask who was stronger between the TL 3 brothers and SW. S.W was the answer(obviously), however, I was surprised that SM had> inner power than even XZ...wonder how that's even possible.

hes probably the physical manifestation of Budda himself, that explains his wisdom in buddism and his godlike powers.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    Where was this? I demand a transcript!

I'm going to bust out my camera and start snapping away. Surely the last photos of the famous Jin Yong should be worth something.

RE: Chance Encounter

It's been floating around for a while...even posted on this site.....

Here:

http://jinyong.ylib.com.tw/lib/jynews33.htm

Part I was talking about.

●《天龍八部》中蕭峰、段譽、虛竹和掃地僧,究竟誰武功最強?包括內力經驗絕技等?(蔡子正)
    金庸:掃地僧最強。
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

No, that shows Sweeper Monk is the strongest, but not for every individual category.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    No, that shows Sweeper Monk is the strongest, but not for every individual category.
    It can be interpreted to include every category. Because the question was posed "Of the characters....... who was the strongest in Martial Arts? INCLUDING Internal energy, experience, and technique?"

Following up on this rather insanely amusing scenario, which of the two camps is more likely to lose their minds and actually physically assault Jin Yong over this: the Gwok Jing fans or the Yeung Gor fans? Or are both camps equally crazy?

^ how about the Yg/Xln anti-fans? I'd be more than willing to send Jy's teeth flying outta his mouth for writing such a dumbas$ novel that is Shen diao xia lv, of course on the condition that i am not to be charged w/ any kind of offence.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    ^ how about the Yg/Xln anti-fans? I'd be more than willing to send Jy's teeth flying outta his mouth for writing such a dumbas$ novel that is Shen diao xia lv.
    I wouldn't go *that* far, but after I dragged Jin Yong out from under the pile and rushed him to safety, I'd ask him, "Dude...you've written so many great novels with so many great characters. How the hell did you FAIL SO HARD with this novel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I don't think he would answer the question since he would most likely upset half of his fanbase.

Anyhow, if he does answer the question, I would probably get my arse out of there. Who knows what might happen? What if one of his fans got pissed at the answer and decides to bombard the freakin' place?
    Yeah i agree with this. There's no point in answering this Q because it'll effectively kill off one of the great JY mysteries. There might be significantly less wuxia internet activity if JY answers all the mysteries in his novels.

I wouldn't go *that* far, but after I dragged Jin Yong out from under the pile and rushed him to safety, I'd ask him, "Dude...you've written so many great novels with so many great characters. How the hell did you FAIL SO HARD with this novel?"
    Jin Yong: You know, deadlines, deadlines. Didn't have enough time to fix everything. Those marketing PR guys were also pressuring me to appeal to teeny bopper wuxia audience. You know how much pressure i was under?? How the f am i supposed to know what teeny bopper wuxia fans like? So yes, i created some half-*** characters and a half-*** storyline, but don't tell anybody ok? ROCH made me millions muahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Yeah i agree with this. There's no point in answering this Q because it'll effectively kill off one of the great JY mysteries. There might be significantly less wuxia internet activity if JY answers all the mysteries in his novels.
    Don't worry, the fans will still argue even after JY makes a public statement on who is stronger.

Just look at the XF/GJ/H7G 'strongest' Dragon Palm ruckus.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

He could just say "they are about the same".
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Don't worry, the fans will still argue even after JY makes a public statement on who is stronger.

Just look at the XF/GJ/H7G 'strongest' Dragon Palm ruckus.
    What ruckus?

I think everybody has accepted that Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms was fiercer than either North Beggar Hung 7 Gung's or Gwok Jing's, but a fight among the three would not necessarily be decisive on that factor because the two other characters have other skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    What ruckus?

I think everybody has accepted that Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 28 Palms was fiercer than either North Beggar Hung 7 Gung's or Gwok Jing's, but a fight among the three would not necessarily be decisive on that factor because the two other characters have other skills.
    Thats the ruckus. One camp thinks 'Li Hai' means 'overall best' while the other thinks its just about single palm strength.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

This is what I visualize the Jin Yong Q&A session looking like.

Poor Mr. Cha would be at the bottom of that pile of people somewhere.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.lambda3.com.br/wp-content/uploads//2017/04/political-fisticuffs-002.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/taiwan-parliament-brawl-web.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=2391')