Thread: Why are anime and gaming in the same category?

Default Why are anime and gaming in the same category?

Yes, why?

Gaming and anime are two separate things. They are barely even related. So why are they together in the same forum?

I request a separation of the Gaming/Anime forum into two separate forums.

I think originally, SC group them together because there is or was not enough "audience" for anime and games back then. And I think that applies to the Japanese/Korean forum, there's more Chinese focused audience than J &K.

Barely? Well some animes are based on games too. Some games are inspired by animes.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well, when I surfed the forum recently, I discovered a mess of threads. Some were discussing anime while some were talking about games. It doesn't really mix, you know?

It's like putting TVB and Wuxia forums together as one. Both of them are related to each other, but by a lot? No.

If the forum is separated into two, I'll definitely keep them "alive" with an abundance of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Well, when I surfed the forum recently, I discovered a mess of threads. Some were discussing anime while some were talking about games. It doesn't really mix, you know?

It's like putting TVB and Wuxia forums together as one. Both of them are related to each other, but by a lot? No.

If the forum is separated into two, I'll definitely keep them "alive" with an abundance of posts.
    Uh, no. There are other companies that make wuxia adaptations and so we wouldn't group any production company together with Wuxia.

I'm not sure what SC's decision will be. If you apply your separation idea to other forums at SPCNET, there would be many separations for Academia, Travel and Food, and other stuff.

No, Tommy, we still don't allow people to spam and bump up the quantity of threads in any forum.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Uh, no. There are other companies that make wuxia adaptations and so we wouldn't group any production company together with Wuxia.

I'm not sure what SC's decision will be. If you apply your separation idea to other forums at SPCNET, there would be many separations for Academia, Travel and Food, and other stuff.

No, Tommy, we still don't allow people to spam and bump up the quantity of threads in any forum.
    Well, it was only a suggestion. Whether it goes or not is really up to SC.

BTW, what does SPC in SPCNet means? I've been here for so long, yet I still don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    BTW, what does SPC in SPCNet means? I've been here for so long, yet I still don't know.
    You know what happens in the Wuxia Forum when one question has been asked SO many times, it gets ignored.

SPCNET = Space Net

I may separate the forums for better linking in the future - after we complete server migration some time in the upcoming 2 weeks. It started out grouped together because we didn't get a lot of content back then for the combined.

I think Anime/Manga makes sense as does Gaming.

One of the forums I've been meaning to separate is the Korean/Japanese TV Series forum too.
    -SC