Thread: Xiao Yu Er's martial arts

Default Xiao Yu Er's martial arts

Hey, just asking, how powerful is Xiao Yu er? Because he learnt all sorts of third-rate martial arts, but does he learn one as deep as either YNT or floral princess' bases? Is he just technique or does he have deep internal energy? Oh also, is the secret of the Floral palace martial arts ever revealed? I remember it was dangled out there, but can't remember what it was.
    Last edited by davidY; 05-17-08 at 09:50 AM.

From what I can remember, hes pretty crap.
    HuaWuQue should be far better
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

He should be quite powerful. the 5 jue shen gong should put him in the elite martial artist category but below the super elite catergory of the 2 crazy biatches and the dumbass Yan nan tian

According to the hongkong comic i read, he supposedly also learns YNT's Jia Yi shen gong near the end

I remember him as being fairly powerful compared to the lesser figures in the martial arts world at that time, but slightly weaker than Jiang Bie He (in terms of internal energy, at least). That should be an approximate guage of how strong he really was.

I agree with "The Khan". He is on a par with Hua WuQue.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I agree with "The Khan". He is on a par with Hua WuQue.
    I believe Hua Wu Que should be stronger, if only slightly. At the end, Xiao Yu Er may have surpassed Jiang Bie He but he doesn't seem to be the superior in the final fight with Hua Wu Que.

There isn't much evidence to suggest whether he is equal or weaker than Hua Wu Que. The closest thing we have is the brief fight at the end, and the fight was never an all-out fight to begin with.

In their final fight, Xiao Yu Er is good enough to "set up" an opening for Hua Wu Que to attack. Know what HWQ is going to do and still survive to tell the tale. He would need to be at least his equal to pull something like that off.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

when he first met HWQ, he had not paid much attention to his martial arts so did not reach a high level through it was not because his skills were third rate. the five evils who taught him where all experts and had good skills, even the intestine stabbing dagger was good enough to escape shaolin's powerful formation. XYE had a good foundation even then, he just hadn't put in enough practise, but the skills from 5 jue shen gong/ five elites of heaven and earth was equal to what the flower princess had taught to HWQ but he hadn't had enough time to catch up to him at their second fight. he still couldn't handle jade flower grafting to gold. then he learnt three moves from the princesses to counter floral palce moves and he had more instruction when fighting the rat from them. all this helped him to catch up to HWQ by the end. his weakness in inner power was stated by him as his advantage in countering shifting flower grafting gold but later he implied to yan nantian that he had never let anyone know his true strenght. so he might have been lieing to the princesses as he knew that she did not want him to die except by HWQ's hand.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

So maybe he was hiding his powers. It's funny though that he might just have too low internal power to use the Jade shifting technique I guess it does have benefits to be weak sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    I remember him as being fairly powerful compared to the lesser figures in the martial arts world at that time, but slightly weaker than Jiang Bie He (in terms of internal energy, at least). That should be an approximate guage of how strong he really was.
    Had Jiang Bie He been 20 years younger and taken the role of his pathetic son Jiang Yu Lang, I think JBH would have been a perfect compliment to play the evil side to Xiao Yu Er. In terms of martial arts, I think JBH barely beats XYE. In terms of smartness, XYE barely beats JBH.