Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia vs. Shonen

Default Wuxia vs. Shonen

Ok, so this is my first time making a thread here, so forgive me if the thread is unacceptable in any way. Or if it's been made already. Delete it if need be.

Reason for my starting of this thread is due from the influence of the other two thread, similar to this but different in content. That, and I'm also bored.

Wuxia vs. Jedi? (Not fair in my opinion. The argument end up going all over the place. Putting ancient heroes agains't fururistic heroes just don't match well.)

Wuxia warriors vs Middle Earth warriors? (This one imo is not fair at all. Putting humans agains't non-humans? How does that balance? Again, the argument in this thread dont work.)

After reading those, I feel the need to start my own. (Probably ridiculous I know) Except i'll try to make mine much more fair and balance.

Wuxia vs. Shonen manga characters.

The rule here is, only compare human agains't human.

Which has stronger characters?
    Last edited by FishingPole; 08-05-08 at 05:20 PM.

Shonen is a broad category. Some of the upper echelon characters are flatly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Shonen is a broad category. Some of the upper echelon characters are flatly ridiculous.
    Agreed. Humans in Dragon Balls, for example, can blow up the moon. That's without even going into what the Saiyans and what not can do.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Agreed. Humans in Dragon Balls, for example, can blow up the moon. That's without even going into what the Saiyans and what not can do.
    Which humans in DB can blow up the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by FishingPole View Post
    Which humans in DB can blow up the moon?
    DB has the most horrendous power-level inflation out of ANY shonen. By the end of it, Krillin should definitely be in moon-busting territory, or at the very least, continent/island busting territory. Vegeta, in his first appearance, was already in planet-busting territory, and I'm pretty sure Krillin at least approached that level by the end of DBZ, if not having vastly surpassed it.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 08-05-08 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    DB has the most horrendous power-level inflation out of ANY shonen. By the end of it, Krillin should definitely be in moon-busting territory, or at the very least, continent/island busting territory.
    Krillin is said to be one of the strongest human in DB, if not, THE strongest. But I don't recall him having the potential to bust any moon, he still has his limit. As far as continent/island busting goes, I think some wuxia character may have potential to do some of those as well.

Anyways, when speaking of wuxia vs. shonen, I was kinda leaning more toward the Rurouni Kenshin side of things. Where is man vs. man, skill agains't skill, and agility/strength at each other, etc.
    Perhaps maybe a little bit of Naruto action in there, minus the whole summoning monster part.
    Last edited by FishingPole; 08-05-08 at 06:04 PM.

Which Wuxia character has the potential to destroy a continent?

Even stuff like Naruto is well above Wuxia.

Way beyond. Even just looking at taijutsu alone (ie your Rock Lees), wuxia is in for a tough time, although probably still superior. Throw in your genjutsu and ninjutsu and things will become a curbstomp, to say nothing of bijuu, the hack that is Sharingan, summoning beasts, etc. etc. Heck, they have guys who can wipe out an entire village with one bomb (Deidara)...

RWX has a good point about the power levels of some anime characters like Naruto. But anime/manga characters are always so angst-ridden that I think wuxia characters might be able to defeat them anyway.

Either that, or the wulin characters would destroy the animanga characters while they're busy doing their power-ups.

But FishingPole indicated he only wants to pit wulin characters against humans, so Goku and Vegeta don't count. They're not human. And their kids are only half-human.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

A master who have a high level of qi.
    At least I think they have potential to.

Well, it's not that much above it. Characters in Wuxia can run on water, leaf, air, wall, forming energy blast from their palm etc, just like those of Naruto. Like I said, minus the whole spells, and summing monsters part. They're not that much different in term of technique.

Like for example, Neji - Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms vs. Linghu chong - Dugu 9 swords countering.

Or Yusuke Urameshi - Spirit Gun vs. Duan Yu - The Six Meridian Swords.
    Both in a form of a laser from their finger. But which one would win?
    Last edited by FishingPole; 08-05-08 at 07:09 PM.

I'm not really sure what you mean by shonen, but I'm going to assume it's anime or manga characters.

In this case, I'd say shonen will win, because Light from Death Note can easily kill them all without even having to fight. Assuming that he knows their names and faces.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean by shonen, but I'm going to assume it's anime or manga characters.

In this case, I'd say shonen will win, because Light from Death Note can easily kill them all without even having to fight. Assuming that he knows their names and faces.
    Exactly! He has the power to kill them all, the potential to, but it all depend on how he apply that power. Having to know your enemy names and faces will do you no good in the heat of battle. Wuxia characters will just press his acupoint and take the death note away from his hand.

Light will be good as gone then.

Exactly! He has the power to kill them all, the potential to, but it all depend on how he apply that power. Having to know your enemy names and faces will do you no good in the heat of battle. Wuxia characters will just press his acupoint and take the death note away from his hand.

Light will be good as gone then.
    That's assuming he actually has to go meet them face-to-face. He could seriously just hide somewhere, set up some sort of camera, and exchange for the Shinigami eyes (or get Misa to) and go nuts with the killing.
    My love and my agony.

That's assuming he actually has to go meet them face-to-face. He could seriously just hide somewhere, set up some sort of camera, and exchange for the Shinigami eyes (or get Misa to) and go nuts with the killing.
    If he can pull off that scheme, then wuxia characters can too. Assuming they know of Light scheme.

They could also send out spies, track down Misa and get rid of her. Then Light will be alone, even with shinigami eyes, he's still no match.

A master who have a high level of qi.
    At least I think they have potential to.

Well, it's not that much above it. Characters in Wuxia can run on water, leaf, air, wall, forming energy blast from their palm etc, just like those of Naruto. Like I said, minus the whole spells, and summing monsters part. They're not that much different in term of technique.

Like for example, Neji - Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms vs. Linghu chong - Dugu 9 swords countering.

Or Yusuke Urameshi - Spirit Gun vs. Duan Yu - The Six Meridian Swords.
    Both in a form of a laser from their finger. But which one would win?
    But the thing is, energy blasts in Naruto have the potential to destroy cities. Summoned monsters in Naruto . . . . also have the potential to destroy cities.

Yeah . . .

If he can pull off that scheme, then wuxia characters can too. Assuming they know of Light scheme.

They could also send out spies, track down Misa and get rid of her. Then Light will be alone, even with shinigami eyes, he's still no match.
    I don't know, Light's a freaking genius. Some of the Wuxia characters are smart, but not all of them. Also, unless they know of the death note, it'll be hard for them to think of it. In that time, Light can kill off the smart ones, and the dumber one will be a piece of cake.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    But the thing is, energy blasts in Naruto have the potential to destroy cities. Summoned monsters in Naruto . . . . also have the potential to destroy cities.

Yeah . . .
    I'm guessing you missed the whole "minus summoning monsters and magic spells" part.

I don't know, Light's a freaking genius. Some of the Wuxia characters are smart, but not all of them. Also, unless they know of the death note, it'll be hard for them to think of it. In that time, Light can kill off the smart ones, and the dumber one will be a piece of cake.
    Light is smart, but he's not that smart. He's only smart to a certain extent.

Or Yusuke Urameshi - Spirit Gun vs. Duan Yu - The Six Meridian Swords. Both in a form of a laser from their finger.
    Yusuke seems very powerful to me by the end of the series. He can even defeat high level demons. Plus, he can turn himself into a Spirit Gun.

Btw, Yusuke has demon blood.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Yusuke seems very powerful to me by the end of the series. He can even defeat high level demons. Plus, he can turn himself into a Spirit Gun.

Btw, Yusuke has demon blood.
    Yeah, so technically he's not completely human. However, I was just comparing his first ever spirit gun to duan yu's Six Meridian Swords. I wonder which of those energy is stronger.

The only interesting debate I read was Saint Seiya vs DBZ, the two most blatantly OP anime sets (IMO).

The thing is, while Saint Seiya has this "system" of how fast the saints punch and how fast they move etc (light speed and even faster!), they don't seem to be doing it in the actual fights.

Based on stated stats (given by the saints themselves), even a silver saint should be a match for the upper echelon of DBZ, and a Gold Saint could probably blow up large galaxies. Of course, they never accomplish this. Who knows!@