Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Yeung Gor had grown up among the warriors of Mongolia like Gwok Jing did?

Default What if Yeung Gor had grown up among the warriors of Mongolia like Gwok Jing did?

I've long felt that Yeung Gor had a slightly effeminate personality...not in the same sense that a Qwai Fa Bo Deen practitioner would be effeminate. Yeung Gor was no she-male, but he had a, shall we say, unusually feminine-leaning worldview for a man of wulin.

I attribute this personality trait of Yeung Gor's to the fact that he generally grew up under the care of women. Father figures were either unavailable or defective in one way or another. Yeung Hong died before Yeung Gor was born. West Poison Au Yeung Fung's association with Yeung Gor was brief and besides, the man was out of his mind. Gwok Jing *could* have been that father figure, but there were too many underlying problems (i.e. Gwok's connection to Yeung Hong's death, Wong Yung, Gwok Fu, etc.). Chiu Tze Ging was terrible in every way.

Yeung Gor lived with his mother, Muk Lim Chi, until he was around ten or so. From there, it was several years on the streets, six months or so with the Gwoks, and another few months at the Cheun Jen Sect. After being adopted by Granny Sheun and Little Dragon Girl, he found the stability he had yearned for.

Thus raised almost entirely by women, Yeung Gor developed a feminine worldview. It would influence his personality development well into adulthood.

But what if Yeung Gor had, like Gwok Jing, grown up in the ultra alpha masculine milieu of the Mongolian warriors? If Yeung Gor had grown up on the steppes as Gwok Jing did, hunting and engaging in war with other men regularly, what kind of man would he have developed into?

Hmm, character-wise, YG did demonstrate a degree of macho sometimes. It would be certain be interesting how he'd turn out. Still, his core features like his cleverness should still remain.

if in the non-physical sense, was GJ more "macho" than YG?

a being dumb a trait of masculinity?
    Last edited by S Beaver; 08-31-08 at 04:12 AM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

What if Yeung Gor had grown up among the warriors of Mongolia like Gwok Jing did?

He'd probably still run away to XLN and complain about maltreatment.

If YG had grown up among the Mongols, he wouldn't have become a sly pu$$y as he is because the Mongols are highly masculine and have a straightforward personality. Maybe he'd have become another before-Yanmen-pass Xiao Yuanshan.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Maybe YG can marry Hua Zhen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeung Gor lived with his mother, Muk Lim Chi, until he was around ten or so. From there, it was several years on the streets, six months or so with the Gwoks, and another few months at the Cheun Jen Sect. After being adopted by Granny Sheun and Little Dragon Girl, he found the stability he had yearned for.

Thus raised almost entirely by women, Yeung Gor developed a feminine worldview. It would influence his personality development well into adulthood.

But what if Yeung Gor had, like Gwok Jing, grown up in the ultra alpha masculine milieu of the Mongolian warriors? If Yeung Gor had grown up on the steppes as Gwok Jing did, hunting and engaging in war with other men regularly, what kind of man would he have developed into?
    There's a Mongolian chap who was raised by his mother in the absence of a father figure, but who didn't exactly turn out to be effeminate. After her husband died, his tribe deserted Hoelun and her children, abandoning them to die of starvation and exposure in the steppes. Remarkably, Hoelun managed to raise all of them singlehandedly, and the eldest son Temujin became the head of the household, striking up a friendship with another boy from a neighbouring tribe, Jamuka. Temujin would probably have seen some parallels between his own mother and Li Ping, making him all the more sympathetic towards the Guo family's plight.

he's really smart, but he also likes to do his own things. I reckon he would have been a general or offered the position and he might have turned it down.

When asked to lead armies to conquer nations I think he'd choose what Guo Jing did. He does get into heroic grooves at times. Guo Jing is simple but he knows what is right. Yang Guo is volatile and unpredictable but he also knows what is right (although he can see grey between the black and white more so than GJ does).

Banned

he would turn gay?

The Guo-Yang saga will become worse? Because GJ is fighting the Mongolians. Unless YG defects to GJ's camp?

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Maybe YG can marry Hua Zhen.
    Hua Zhen's daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hua Zhen's daughter?

Yea if she has one. If not, it still doesn't make much of a difference. Hua Zhen will still be hot at 40+.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hua Zhen's daughter?
    Guo Jing and Huazhen's dirty little secret?
    ..ext88

Any possibility that Yang Guo would become another Yang Kang in terms of character, attitude and behavior?
    ..ext88

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Yea if she has one. If not, it still doesn't make much of a difference. Hua Zhen will still be hot at 40+.
    wtf.......

And when Hua Zhen gets too old, YG can go on with Hua Zhen/Guo Jing's daughter. 0_0

What if Guo Jing was brought up by XLN then? Would he go GuGuGuGuGu?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What if Guo Jing was brought up by XLN then? Would he go GuGuGuGuGu?
    gugugugugugugugugugugugugugugugugugu

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I've long felt that Yeung Gor had a slightly effeminate personality...
    I didn't get that impression when I read the book. Thinking back on it now I still don't have that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    I didn't get that impression when I read the book. Thinking back on it now I still don't have that impression.
    Me neither.

It's different in the books than in the adaptations.